Time to walk away Wayne

DCFC_Sloth

when we appointed rooney i was seriously worried. I wanted a safe pair of hands that had been there and done it, but i think rooney has done everything and more than what is being asked of him. It may not be pretty but he is doing the best of the impossible situation we are in.

He kept us up after inheriting a team that was bottom, and this season he has got us competing with a side that is respectfully shambolic. Our team on paper last year should have gone down, the team this year is much much worse and he is getting us points on the board.

I think those that expect more of rooney and these players need a reality check.

he spent most of pre-season begging for a senior cb, that sums up the poo he is managing

5 minutes ago, alram said:

when we appointed rooney i was seriously worried. I wanted a safe pair of hands that had been there and done it, but i think rooney has done everything and more than what is being asked of him. It may not be pretty but he is doing the best of the impossible situation we are in.

He kept us up after inheriting a team that was bottom, and this season he has got us competing with a side that is respectfully shambolic. Our team on paper last year should have gone down, the team this year is much much worse and he is getting us points on the board.

I think those that expect more of rooney and these players need a reality check.

he spent most of pre-season begging for a senior cb, that sums up the poo he is managing

Don't agree with that at all. 

'Kept us up having been bottom' really is a generous way of looking at his performance last year.

Tbf he is probably the least of our problems at the moment but somehow he has to show he can find a way to make us look like we can cause problems to the opposition. Couldn't see us scoring if we had played all night. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

'Kept us up having been bottom' really is a generous way of looking at his performance last year.

Tbf he is probably the least of our problems at the moment but somehow he has to show he can find a way to make us look like we can cause problems to the opposition. Couldn't see us scoring if we had played all night. 

Who do you think will score goals from that team last night out of interest?

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

we can all have a habit of overanalysing things and picking holes in things.

at the end of the day, we were already dead and burried and anybody would have said the person coming in would have done a good job to keep us up. That was his job , and he ended up doing it

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

None of them, currently. Thanks for illustrating my point Roy ??

Seriously, we are going to struggle to score. But constantly, dangerously, recycling the ball on the edge of our box is only going to create chances at one end of the pitch!! 

Don't really understand the idea either because it supposedly gives space to the full backs but if they get down the wing who are they crossing it to head in anyway at the moment? 

7 minutes ago, alram said:

we can all have a habit of overanalysing things and picking holes in things.

at the end of the day, we were already dead and burried and anybody would have said the person coming in would have done a good job to keep us up. That was his job , and he ended up doing it

Don’t think so ?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

This was my argument last season. This team lacks goals. And our strongest 11 this season is better than last season. We have less depth now, especially compared to January. But we don't help ourselves. Playing Sibley wide is a waste. As good as it is having Morrison drop deep to start things, we need him further forward.

We need career bests from several players to stand a chance. 

6 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

This was my argument last season. This team lacks goals. And our strongest 11 this season is better than last season. We have less depth now, especially compared to January. But we don't help ourselves. Playing Sibley wide is a waste. As good as it is having Morrison drop deep to start things, we need him further forward.

We need career bests from several players to stand a chance. 

You're getting career bests from several of our squad! ?

6 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

And our strongest 11 this season is better than last season.

Yes, the narrative has been spun that the team is dross.

But as you point out that’s just not true, there’s a decent team in there with the first 11 being of mid table standard.

We do have a very thin squad though and when that’s factored in it drags us down to bottom 6 level.

Everyone needs to be at their best this season from the manager down, play to our strengths and we have a chance to avoid the drop.

Just now, Ramarena said:

But as you point out that’s just not true, there’s a decent team in there with the first 11 being of mid table standard.

We do have a very thin squad though and when that’s factored in it drags us down to bottom 6 level.

Everyone needs to be at their best this season from the manager down, play to our strengths and we have a chance to avoid the drop.

But posters aren't allowing us to play the season before condemning us are they. The 'we are dross' narrative is being spun already.

The problem is we have had such an easy start, Udders, Posh, Florist and Hull, but we have won just the one game. Brum are the first reasonably decent side we have played and they beat us relatively comfortably. We have West Brom and Stoke to come and a tough rest of September. By the end of the month I fear we could be in the bottom 3….Hope I am wrong ?

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

This is not a criticism.

What are our strenghts?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The problem is we have had such an easy start, Udders, Posh, Florist and Hull, but we have won just the one game. Brum are the first reasonably decent side we have played and they beat us relatively comfortably. We have West Brom and Stoke to come and a tough rest of September. By the end of the month I fear we could be in the bottom 3….Hope I am wrong ?

Huddersfield are 5th.

14 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This is not a criticism.

What are our strenghts?

Our technical ability is fairly good throughout the squad as has been proven in patches with our passing triangles and movement in the middle third. 

We have a strong and experienced CB pairing for this division in Davies and Jags with decent FB’s for this level as well.

We have a very strong attacking midfield with players like Lawrence, Morrison, Sibley, Jozwiak.

When fit we have three decent and varied striker options in CKR, Stretton and Baldock.

Gotta find a way to get those jigsaw puzzle pieces to fit and complement each other.

Edited by Ramarena

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I said we haven't good enough goal scorers. How do you work out the rest matey?

Last season you were telling us how bad our players were, you did the same through the summer and into this season. 

I understand why you do it. Doesn’t make it right, but I understand.