What time is Rooneys press conference

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Not convinced on this. 

I think he sat down this summer with his advisors and gamed the options available.

He ended up sticking with the poo fest here and backing himself to pull though as there weren’t any better options. 

If he fails he can blame the club being in a mess and go back to manure or Everton in a coaching capacity and reset his career.

You've just said you're not sure he'd get offers elsewhere, but then if he fails he can go back to United or Everton to coach? Would that not be an offer elsewhere? I'm not talking about specifically the managerial job. I'm just saying it's not an alternative of manage Derby during this mess or sit and home and twiddle your thumbs. And even still, some time out of the limelight wouldn't be the worst thing for him given what's gone on recently in his personal life.

Steve Cooper quit Swansea recently because he apparently wasn't happy with his relationship with the owners or the direction the club was going. He was tentatively linked to us when Cocu left, I wonder what he'd have made of this?! And he doesn't have as much financial stability, or the global brand Rooney has to fall back on.

If Rooney's mentality was "if I fail, it doesn't really matter because the club's a mess and I'll go elsewhere" then I'd be even more worried. He says he's happy (although I doubt that part), and that he believes we can do well. I hope he does genuinely believe that, because although I don't share the same confidence, this squad needs as much confidence as optimism as possible in what is looking like a long and tough season again.

36 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

A pro Rooney chant wouldn't go amiss tomorrow. I think he feels everyone is against him, including the fans. 

It would be nice to see a smile on his face if fan support included him. 

To be fair if he thought that these pages were an accurate reflection of Rams fans' general views of him then he would be correct in drawing that conclusion. I wonder if these pages are wholly accurate. 

17 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You've just said you're not sure he'd get offers elsewhere, but then if he fails he can go back to United or Everton to coach? Would that not be an offer elsewhere? I'm not talking about specifically the managerial job. I'm just saying it's not an alternative of manage Derby during this mess or sit and home and twiddle your thumbs. And even still, some time out of the limelight wouldn't be the worst thing for him given what's gone on recently in his personal life.

Steve Cooper quit Swansea recently because he apparently wasn't happy with his relationship with the owners or the direction the club was going. He was tentatively linked to us when Cocu left, I wonder what he'd have made of this?! And he doesn't have as much financial stability, or the global brand Rooney has to fall back on.

If Rooney's mentality was "if I fail, it doesn't really matter because the club's a mess and I'll go elsewhere" then I'd be even more worried. He says he's happy (although I doubt that part), and that he believes we can do well. I hope he does genuinely believe that, because although I don't share the same confidence, this squad needs as much confidence as optimism as possible in what is looking like a long and tough season again.

I was talking specially about managerial and he’d have to ask for a favour not an offer, hence why I mentioned those two clubs specifically.

If he had a decent option at another champ club he’d have taken it!

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Although I'd consider myself to be in the 'Rooney out' camp, and despite the recent negative publicity involving Rooney, I do have admiration for him on the back of this.

I've said before I have no idea why he's still here. He's clearly being messed around, and his reputation in his first ever managerial role is going to be the frontman for the circus that is going on behind the scenes, and ultimately on the pitch.

Plenty would have walked. I admire him for not doing that. Arguably, we wouldn't be worse off if he goes and Wassall or Walker, or somebody like that comes in. The person that will likely be worse off for staying, is Rooney.

It's either blind loyalty, blind optimism, or some unfound confidence he has in being able to turn this around. If Stearman and Davies have signed, then on paper we shouldn't really expect to get battered in August with the fixtures we've got. Our starting XI is ok. There's no depth, but for this level, the eleven we can put out are an OK team. Nothing more.

He must have confidence that more will come in before the window shuts, he just has to. Otherwise why would he endure a season of this? Whether that's the likes of Jagielka, Aluko, Morrison etc. joining the ranks, or he's calling in favours from Manchester United to chuck us a few players to make a difference, I don't know.

It's all very confusing, he's said he's staying, but I'd love to know the reasons in his head for why he thinks that's the right decision.

Exactly where I am. I was scathing of him for most of last season but am pretty incredulous he's sticking it out. There was always the ejector seat narrative of 'took over with Derby bottom & saved them' that could have been spun in the media & lets face it, there is a clamour for Rooney to be a success & manage at Premiership level so the likes of Sky & the tabloids would've enthusiastically reported it. As you rightly say though, staying around this mess is going to hurt his reputation more than Derby County ultimately - we've historically always been 'feast or famine'.

As to reasons why he is still here - I suspect the rumours about his connection to a potential takeover bid could be the key factor & probably why he called Mel out last day of the season but 3 months later, still being here despite the situation actually getting worse. Never really saw him as manager wanting to bounce around from club to club - maybe he does want to build something here, maybe I'm being extremely naive. Going for the former because frankly the club have drained any other drops of hope from me.

Between his bloody minded determination & the style of football we've played in pre-season (assuming this is the default going forward), I've warmed to him. I like people who stand by the club. 

I admire his record with us so far, he kept us up when we were cut adrift last season. The off field antics were awful but he keeps focussed on the football. I actually think last season he had all his best players injured - Lawrence Beliek Davies. 
He probably should have left at the end of last season as he could say he achieved his goal and found another club in less turmoil however he wants to stay and make Derby a success.

Yes, if a big club comes in for him he will go but why do people keep hitting him with this stick? Of course you’d go to Man U if you got the chance. As a Derby fan I’d go to Man U!? 

The only time I considered it might be better for him to go was when a girl farted in his face in a hotel room. 

Geographically we are a good fit for Rooney (Close to Cheshire). Potentially we are a big club in the division and potentially we wouldn't necessarily be minnows in the PL.  However, beyond all that I'm convinced Wayne knows something of the potential takeover that is making him stick around.

He knows Mel is going, he knows the financial limitations, he knows the limited quality of his players and yet despite the opportunities his global name will bring him he wants to put up with all this at DCFC. Cant see this as just his personal pride, as said I think he knows more than he's letting on.

44 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Not convinced on this. 

I think he sat down this summer with his advisors and gamed the options available.

He ended up sticking with the poo fest here and backing himself to pull though as there weren’t any better options. 

If he fails he can blame the club being in a mess and go back to manure or Everton in a coaching capacity and reset his career.

Probably should have done the coaching before taking over at us. 

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Geographically we are a good fit for Rooney (Close to Cheshire). Potentially we are a big club in the division and potentially we wouldn't necessarily be minnows in the PL.  However, beyond all that I'm convinced Wayne knows something of the potential takeover that is making him stick around.

He knows Mel is going, he knows the financial limitations, he knows the limited quality of his players and yet despite the opportunities his global name will bring him he wants to put up with all this at DCFC. Cant see this as just his personal pride, as said I think he knows more than he's letting on.

Wayne is an incredible competitor. He wants to succeed in management. He believes that he can do it at Derby. I think that he will.

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Look at how many 'goes' big name ex-players get. Of course he'd get another club interested. Maybe, just maybe he feels something for this poor ol' ex-great club and would want to do his best for us and succeed here.

Looking at what he has done here Mac, what do you think would impress them most ?

19 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I often get the same impression that he's a lot more savvy than people give him credit for. He doesn't need money, he doesn't need fame, he could put his feet up and become an ambassador at Man Ure, or join Linekar's Old Boys Club and have bantz wi' Rio on the telly. But he doesn't do any of that. He's got ambition and stickability and he's clearly working extremely hard under emotionally volatile conditions to get things sorted. You have to admire him for that. He deserves a big cheer tomorrow.

So the main points of the press conference are:

Rooney wants to sign all of the trialists and the club are working to get it done soon.

Rooney thinks he can get some loans in. Talking about Delap and Mengi, says he's on top of all this but it's the parent clubs decision at the end of the day.

Rooney says he decided to go with the younger lads in Roos and Allsop and told Marshall of his decision. 'Marshall has a decision to make.' Sounds like he could be off by the end of the window.

31 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I admire his record with us so far, he kept us up when we were cut adrift last season. The off field antics were awful but he keeps focussed on the football. I actually think last season he had all his best players injured - Lawrence Beliek Davies. 
He probably should have left at the end of last season as he could say he achieved his goal and found another club in less turmoil however he wants to stay and make Derby a success.

Yes, if a big club comes in for him he will go but why do people keep hitting him with this stick? Of course you’d go to Man U if you got the chance. As a Derby fan I’d go to Man U!? 

The only time I considered it might be better for him to go was when a girl farted in his face in a hotel room. 

Cut adrift ? 2 points from safety with 35 games left….

I don't know what's more grimly amusing...in retrospect that Wayne had to publicly prostrate himself last week to keep this job... or the fact the Delboys at the EFL are sniggering away at getting Mel coming back to the table to get Stearman and our own player signed up for the season. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

A pro Rooney chant wouldn't go amiss tomorrow. I think he feels everyone is against him, including the fans. 

It would be nice to see a smile on his face if fan support included him. 

I have been to all the pre season games and I think he has received lots of support at the actual games unlike a lot on here.