What time is Rooneys press conference

43 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think Rooney is doing a good job.  Sorry if that annoys some on here. 

I don't think it annoys anyone as it's your opinion, I think rightly people will come back at you to justify what your view of a good job is?

Then the debate starts if you're using a totally divergent series of metrics then they are to judge that. And whether those metrics are valid or not and so on. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

I don't know what's more grimly amusing...in retrospect that Wayne had to publicly prostrate himself last week to keep this job... or the fact the Delboys at the EFL are sniggering away at getting Mel coming back to the table to get Stearman and our own player signed up for the season. 

...you've got to laugh really haven't you really?! . Mel must be chewing lard every time he has to call the EFL to politely request an authorisation. 

31 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I often get the same impression that he's a lot more savvy than people give him credit for. He doesn't need money, he doesn't need fame, he could put his feet up and become an ambassador at Man Ure, or join Linekar's Old Boys Club and have bantz wi' Rio on the telly. But he doesn't do any of that. He's got ambition and stickability and he's clearly working extremely hard under emotionally volatile conditions to get things sorted. You have to admire him for that. He deserves a big cheer tomorrow.

A big cheer my arse,he's still here because he had no where else to go,was saved from relegating us after a horrendous run of poor games and bad results by the even worse fortune of some other teams and has managed to bring yet more bad publicity by his juvenile antics last week.

He can have a cheer when he starts getting results and playing better football with some level of coherence.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

A big cheer my arse,he's still here because he had no where else to go,was saved from relegating us after a horrendous run of poor games and bad results by the even worse fortune of some other teams and has managed to bring yet more bad publicity by his juvenile antics last week.

He can have a cheer when he starts getting results and playing better football with some level of coherence.

A bit harsh @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong. He's human. 

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yep

I'm not his biggest fan, but I have to say Rooney was excellent in his press conference today. No crying and moaning about the restrictions, no excuse making, just total belief in his squad and his work on the training ground.

The proof will be in the pudding of course, but he does at least deserve some credit for how he's dealing with this current situation.

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I'm not his biggest fan, but I have to say Rooney was excellent in his press conference today. No crying and moaning about the restrictions, no excuse making, just total belief in his squad and his work on the training ground.

The proof will be in the pudding of course, but he does at least deserve some credit for how he's dealing with this current situation.

I am seriously concerned that he hasn't grasped quite what a state we are in....there's optimism and there is blind belief.

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I am seriously concerned that he hasn't grasped quite what a state we are in....there's optimism and there is blind belief.

So what did you want him to say, the players are crap I’m a useless manager and we might as well admit that we are already relegated.

It is hard to know whether Rooney is doing a good job based on what he has at his disposal or not, but, give him some credit for the way he has handled it. He could have sold out the hierarchy at any point in that interview and he didn't.( I would have spilled the beans completely. ) Not sure if he is sleeping on the couch in order to be on call around the clock or to get away from Colleen but he is stumbling his way round a bad situation with some likability. 

Think it is time to back the players and management in the coming weeks by attending matches and being as positive as possible. The fans will be enough as an extra to get the team through this. 

C'mon you Rams

I hope wazza creates a bit of a Siege mentality. He worked under bacon face that did it at united. Everyone else hates us & wants to beat us so its us against everyone else. 

If you think cocu had a bad hand wayne has had it worse. Towards the end last season he frustrated me and i wanted him out. However he is learning. His job was to keep us up and he did that. I do like the fact he wants to stick around. New season & for me its fresh start for wayne. Willing to give him a go & my support (unless we lose 5 on the bounce then i'll want him out ?