The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

29 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

A good thread posted by Chris Coles on Twitter in the last few minutes with updates as to where the club are at with the embargo, HMRC, EFL etc.

Can confirm we have received an invite for the meeting. No day set yet, once I know I will try and get together some questions from you all, although I suspect most questions would be the same across all groups attending.

I will be attending this meeting myself as @Boycie has refused, claiming that the chef is probably on furlough so no buffet.

1 minute ago, David said:

Can confirm we have received an invite for the meeting. No day set yet, once I know I will try and get together some questions from you all, although I suspect most questions would be the same across all groups attending.

I will be attending this meeting myself as @Boycie has refused, claiming that the chef is probably on furlough so no buffet.

Please take a whoopie cusion with you. For reasons of comedy.

Well done Chris Coles as others have said. There needed to be some clarity as the vacuum created just allowed negative speculation from media looking for angles to generate clicks, and doomsters to propagate doom.

We’ll see what assurances Mel gives in the meeting (if any) but positive he is willing to engage with the fans again.

We’re still in a bad position this close to the season starting but it’s positive that the club are working hard behind the scenes to resolve the issues with the EFL (which seems to be the main issue now). Looks like we’re going to pay HMRC and Mel continues to stand behind the club for the time being, as he should as club custodian but also as I expected him to do.

Im reassured, but this won’t be enough for some people.

22 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I assume the status of youngsters is where the embargo is p&s related so its 24 established players but u21s dont count and players have to have played 5 games to qualify as established players

Youth players of any age count towards the 'professional standing' count.

The 'status of some youngsters' refers to one of two possibilities:

1. Not counting the Chorley game towards the 'professional standing' count (due to hard embargo)
  2. Moving from a hard embargo ('professional standing' rule) to a soft embargo ('established player' rule)

I daren't feel any positivity or hope in any way, shape or form, but the fact that all the trialists are still here and (less so) playing in the friendlies didn't sit right with me that there wasn't some strong confidence behind the scenes they were going to be able to sign. Especially being a free agent you'd be very inclined to look elsewhere sharpish if you looked to be messed about. The thread makes that feel doable and not toooo far off now.

Either that or we're all so messed up behind the scenes we were blissfully ignorantly all going along with it and were gonna wing the starting XI first game of the season with a team that's never played together. The latter was looking more and more likely though in this clusterflock of a situation.

32 minutes ago, Taribo said:

No news on umbongo, HMRC or submitting accounts I see.

No new players to be joining anytime soon. The countdown to kick off is on

'People at the table' could mean anything, I'll be at my table for tea tonight.

Hashtag disillusioned 

New striker Umbongo?