The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

11 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'm so glad I'm not on Twitter! 

People seem to forget there's a real person at the end of their jibes.

Me neither re: Twitter!

It is tedious and disheartening to read gratuitous, derogatory comments about David, or vapid assertions about the other meeting attendees being 'smug ITKs', or whatever. 

The guys & gals that attend SCGs aren't just hooked off the street by a Pride Park bouncer; a lot of hours and miles are put in by them, voluntarily, within the fanbase. Remember they love the club, too. 

I'm sure they are broadly representative, be they a forum rep, supporter club member, or 'minority / BAME' group, heritage, governance interest group, or so on - they do have the respect of the club, so we should accord similar respect to fellow fans. 

They are not beholden to 'spill the beans' and pile onto social media at anyone's beck & call, in an instant; the club requires discretion and accuracy from them, having been entrusted with sensitive information. 

The focus for us fans is surely to pull together, to be supportive  of the lads on the pitch; be defiant, in this adversity, for the players and the club? 

Make a noise of Saturday, chant player's names, not just crude anti-EFL songs (yes - I hate them too, y'know!) Channel your energy into helping the team through what we expect to be bl 00dy tough games.

There's a convoluted tangle around just about everything connected with the club - we wish it were sorted but it isn't.

Blaming and trashing all connected - and your own fan groups, isn't actually helpful IMHO.

Rant over: feel free to target me, though I'm afraid it won't solve a thing :-o

C O Y R

Just now, Ambitious said:

Rooney should really get a shift on. What is he getting out of being here? I’m a Derby fan and I would’ve walked weeks ago. 

Mel sounds checked out to me. 

It makes no sense for him to stay right now. He’s already had his fair share of negative publicity this summer, does he want to still be hammered by the National media on a weekly basis when we’re struggling at the bottom?

It would also make zero difference to us. If Rooney stays with this squad, we go down. If Rooney leaves and someone like Justin Walker or Darren Wassall steps up, we go down anyway.

There is one good thing out of all this, there were loads of people last season saying they were going to support the U23’s more than the first team… well now they are the first team! 

I feel it’s 100% his own making and I can’t defend him but oh how the mighty have fallen. Mel was meant to be ‘one of our own’ but he’s screwed this football club and he’s fobbed us off every step of the way. 

something has to give otherwise OUR football club is staring into the abyss.

On a plus note from the meeting 3 groups have shown proof of funds and 1 of those groups has the efl owners and directors test draft. Does this mean they’ve been through the efl and done the test or have the paperwork ready to do it anyone?

Edited by Barney1991

3 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

Me neither re: Twitter!

It is tedious and disheartening to read gratuitous, derogatory comments about David, or vapid assertions about the other meeting attendees being 'smug ITKs', or whatever. 

The guys & gals that attend SCGs aren't just hooked off the street by a Pride Park bouncer; a lot of hours and miles are put in by them, voluntarily, within the fanbase. Remember they love the club, too. 

I'm sure they are broadly representative, be they a forum rep, supporter club member, or 'minority / BAME' group, heritage, governance interest group, or so on - they do have the respect of the club, so we should accord similar respect to fellow fans. 

They are not beholden to 'spill the beans' and pile onto social media at anyone's beck & call, in an instant; the club requires discretion and accuracy from them, having been entrusted with sensitive information. 

The focus for us fans is surely to pull together, to be supportive  of the lads on the pitch; be defiant, in this adversity, for the players and the club? 

Make a noise of Saturday, chant player's names, not just crude anti-EFL songs (yes - I hate them too, y'know!) Channel your energy into helping the team through what we expect to be bl 00dy tough games.

There's a convoluted tangle around just about everything connected with the club - we wish it were sorted but it isn't.

Blaming and trashing all connected - and your own fan groups, isn't actually helpful IMHO.

Rant over: feel free to target me, though I'm afraid it won't solve a thing ?

C O Y R

200.gif

Ah, you know who’s he’s on about regarding us not playing enough Academy players - Liam Delap and Kaide Gordon! Delap’s being loaned out to the Championship this season, probably thinks we should have been playing him two years ago.

Not much we can do when the big Prem clubs come knocking, Mel! 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

On a plus note from the meeting 3 groups have shown proof of funds and 1 of those groups has the efl owners and directors test draft. Does this mean they’ve been through the efl and done the test or have the paperwork ready to do it anyone?

Have filled out but not submitted the paperwork is how that one reads.

Just now, Barney1991 said:

On a plus note from the meeting 3 groups have shown proof of funds and 1 of those groups has the efl owners and director rear draft. Does this mean they’ve been through the efl and done the test or have the paperwork ready to do it anyone?

Have the paperwork ready to go through it, however this is Mel Morris we’re talking about so be prepared for another **** show

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think Rooney will be gone by close of play tomorrow. He’s being strung along by these bunch of charlatans, just like we are. 

Morris isn’t a football man, he just doesn’t get it. Remember his reasons for buying Derby County Football Club? Chancer, a toy to stroke his ego.  

He brought the club because we were ready and nearly made it to the prem year before. He thought I’ll Chuck couple quid hurry it along and because he can’t tell his arse from his elbow made bad after bad decisions. I don’t think Rooney will walk no one else will give him a job in championship and he’s fortunate the way he got it in the first place 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Ah, you know who’s he’s on about regarding us not playing enough Academy players - Liam Delap and Kaide Gordon! Delap’s being loaned out to the Championship this season, probably thinks we should have been playing him two years ago.

Not much we can do when the big Prem clubs come knocking, Mel! 

Exactly, I'm not sure what he wants. Our best bet of being successful is doing what we did with Lampard that season. Bring though one or two academy players, get good players on loan, combined with experienced players at this level. That group just had the right blend.

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Who knows mate, it doesn’t sound like it’s going to get us out of the immediate quicksand situation we’re in.

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

He brought the club because we were ready and nearly made it to the prem year before. He thought I’ll Chuck couple quid hurry it along and because he can’t tell his arse from his elbow made bad after bad decisions. I don’t think Rooney will walk no one else will give him a job in championship and he’s fortunate the way he got it in the first place 

He “claimed” it was to bring joy to the city. Something for us to be proud of! How can you follow that moral code and then do this? 

I absolutely loved this football club, but I have totally lost interest now. I’ll be there on Saturday, but I don’t think it’ll ever be the same again for me. 

I’m sure a 19 year old under developed kid who is used to playing against other under developed 19 year olds is going to do just fine against wrecking balls like Kiefer Moore and Ikpeazu 

Neil Warnocks going to be rubbing his ******* hands together at the thought of his team of mutants kicking our timid kids out of the stadium this season.

Nice one Mel