Lee Buchanan

Kernow

15 minutes ago, nottingram said:

7 minutes ago, Topram said:

E67kwyZXEAEerYh?format=jpg&name=mediumSell him …?

The case for the defence:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Derby-youngster-lee-buchanan-hails-19009878
“I grew up as a Derby fan and it does make it feel more special. It’s so real now that it’s only a couple of days away so it makes it even more important to get the win. A local Derby against your rivals, you always want to play the best you can and get the best result.”

16 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Controversial, Lee isn’t good enough. Does the basics well, end of. Fozzy past it. So wouldn’t sell on basis of squad depth but neither good enough IMO 

Buchanan has had some fine moments, but he’s still trying to make his way in the game. Bird is in a similar boat. 

Knight and Sibley have shown a higher ceiling, in my opinion, but again both are still in the process of making their way in the game.

None of them should’ve struggled to hold down their position in our team last season, but they all had their bad moments. Sibley simply should’ve been afforded more game time, but perhaps he didn’t earn it in training. I don’t know.

These are young lads though. They’ve got a long way to go before we can see what they will become. A lot of young players get worse as well as better, equally some do make great leaps in their development, I just don’t know with these four. Sibley is the one I see the most promise from, then Knight. Buchanan and Bird are about par. 

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

Controversial, Lee isn’t good enough. Does the basics well, end of. Fozzy past it. So wouldn’t sell on basis of squad depth but neither good enough IMO 

I completely agree. Everyone hypes Buchanan up but i’ve never really been a fan. Looks so uneasy on the ball and needs to relax. His deliveries into the box and aerial ability are decent tbf, however i wouldn’t be too bothered if we sold him to get funds.  

Would much rather sell him than Knight or Sibley

Interesting rumour, our team begs the efl for help to be allowed to sign players because the teams to weak to survive instant relegation in the coming season.

We get the right to sign crud free agent players, since we are not allowed to compete fairly by offering a decent wage.

Now are all time foes forest, who want nothing more than to see us go into administration, devise a plan to sign one of our best remaining players in a position that we are already to weak in.

If we sold buchanan does the efl allow us to reinvest the money in the short time thats left before the window closes in a decent new player on a full time contract to replace him.

Forest is laughing at Derby, they will pay us to go into administration by buying buchanan.

In answer to can we take an academy player and fill buchanans position if he leaves, a young inexperienced player and expect them to be exceptional through the season.

Are Derby todays Manchester United.

With so many required changes to the team is Rooney the right man to save the club, for that matter to ask an inexperienced manager to manage under these circumstances.

I do love a good meltdown, but can't see why this should be one.

Good enough offer and off he goes, like any other player.

Last week I saw Uronen moving from Belgium to France for a million and he he is way better player than Buchanan... So if we could get couple millions, I'm certain he could be replaced for less money. Heck, we might get replacement for free á la Neil Taylor.

29 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Last week I saw Uronen moving from Belgium to France for a million and he he is way better player than Buchanan... So if we could get couple millions, I'm certain he could be replaced for less money. Heck, we might get replacement for free á la Neil Taylor.

I would rather keep both Buchanan and Byrne unless we get silly money offers. The likelihood is we are going to have 2 central defenders lacking pace and I think both will be able to compensate for that at the back.....

36 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Good shout. I would be well up for selling Buchanan and getting Taylor in on a free who would effectively be a Byrne on the left side ?

17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would rather keep both Buchanan and Byrne unless we get silly money offers. The likelihood is we are going to have 2 central defenders lacking pace and I think both will be able to compensate for that at the back.....

Yeah, ideally he would sign a new long-term contract but if that ain't an option, I'd rather sell him and get someone else in. Ruthless, but needs must.

8 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Reminds me of when we went after Antonio when Mel had an open cheque book! 

Mel’s had a lot of slack given him during this 2 year limbo period. If he was to sell Buchanan to Forest he’d loose all support from me! 

All just 'loose' change to Mel back then........