Please don’t blame Morris and Pearce.

Curtains

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So, if we had beaten Villa at Wembley would he still be diabolical or are we being Captain Hindsight? 

If I go to the bank tomorrow and withdraw all the money in my account, savings and shares, place all of it on red - does that make me a genius if I win and an idiot if I lose? 

Even if I win, I’m still a careless idiot for even putting my families future in that balance. The decisions made my Mel would’ve been tolerable HAD we won the bet, but as we didn’t we are now paying the price. 

It’s that kind of recklessness that was always going to catch up with us regardless, even more so when you consider the array of bad choices we make a seasonal basis. 

Edited by Ambitious

48 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If I go to the bank tomorrow and withdraw all the money in my account, savings and shares, place all of it on red - does that make me a genius if I win and an idiot if I lose? 

Even if I win, I’m still a careless idiot for even putting my families future in that balance. The decisions made my Mel would’ve been tolerable HAD we won the bet, but as we didn’t we are now paying the price. 

It’s that kind of recklessness that was always going to catch up with us regardless, even more so when you consider the array of bad choices we make a seasonal basis. 

The reason I welcomed Mel was being local he wouldn’t lose interest, sell the stadium, take unnecessary risks with the future of the club, sell us to any old chancer but….

still hoping for the best though, I believe he will continue to provide sufficient support until something better comes along

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

This. 

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Please guys mel tried his best to get club were it belongs and his heart is in the right place he tried spending money into the club bad luck has hit during that time and I just wish people leave him alone he is not the one to blame for this mess and you know who is dont you.

Please don’t say covid mate.

When Mel took over he inherited a good squad and then supplied the funds for Mac to bring in Thorne on a permanent and a few other players …at that stage I felt we couldn’t be in a better place and we were heading in the right direction 

A few seasons on and it is a total and utter shambles and although some poor managerial appointments haven’t helped what we as fans have no insight into is how the books are being balanced are the HMRC being paid are staff wages being paid etc etc in other words running a business

The embarrassing shambolic mess of a once great football club is down to Mel and his associates I’m afraid whether anyone thinks he has good intentions or not …his side of it was to maintain the football club we love and he has failed 

I’m sick to death of hearing our club being spoke about in such low terms and Mel seemed ok on talksport boasting that he’d had one over on the efl etc but I’m sorry all we as fans asked of Mel was to run the club we adore ….properly !!! He has failed and for me I certainly will never forgive him for the mess we are in ….managers make bad decisions so do players but that’s part of the game …but crossing the tees and dotting the I’s on the business side we trusted Mr Morris and he has let us down …good intentions or not 

The largest gripe with Morris for me is that he is meant to be an astute businessman but every year he's been at the helm of the club it seems he's made another massive ricket which has followed on from the one he made the previous season until we've ended up in this debacle. 

He's openly challenged the EFL in his great wisdom whom have then it seems taken great pleasure in sticking one back at him or more pertinently the club - not sure if Morris had some deluded Don Quixote type of romantic fantasy that things were ever going to pan out any differently with the EFL or he was just extremely naive. Either way very foolish and very misguided.

I swear I could have dragged some random person off the street and have put them in charge of the club and defy them to do a worst job than has been served up. 

We still have our ground though which is the only saving grace in all of this. Oh hang on a minute....

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why must they? Conspiracy theory preferred by you?

No, I am merely saying there must be more to it than we are told. Let's face it, we are not privileged or in a position to know all the facts. Why would we be? 

17 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The auditors, professionals in the field of accounting, concluded that we complied with the law.

The EFL with no accountancy expertise concluded we didn't. 

That is my point. I was saying that the EFL are ignorant and do not know their own laws

5 hours ago, S8TY said:

When Mel took over he inherited a good squad and then supplied the funds for Mac to bring in Thorne on a permanent and a few other players …at that stage I felt we couldn’t be in a better place and we were heading in the right direction 

A few seasons on and it is a total and utter shambles and although some poor managerial appointments haven’t helped what we as fans have no insight into is how the books are being balanced are the HMRC being paid are staff wages being paid etc etc in other words running a business

The embarrassing shambolic mess of a once great football club is down to Mel and his associates I’m afraid whether anyone thinks he has good intentions or not …his side of it was to maintain the football club we love and he has failed 

I’m sick to death of hearing our club being spoke about in such low terms and Mel seemed ok on talksport boasting that he’d had one over on the efl etc but I’m sorry all we as fans asked of Mel was to run the club we adore ….properly !!! He has failed and for me I certainly will never forgive him for the mess we are in ….managers make bad decisions so do players but that’s part of the game …but crossing the tees and dotting the I’s on the business side we trusted Mr Morris and he has let us down …good intentions or not 

All down to Sam Rush in my opinion. Certainly Mel appointed him but we have all been taken for a mug in some way.

Mr Rush couldn’t wait to get rid of Clough who was managing the team in a sustainable manner and spending Mel’s cash as if it was his own. Sadly this wasn’t enough for the vocal minority, the rest is history.

Perhaps be careful what you wish for…

16 minutes ago, chadlad said:

All down to Sam Rush in my opinion. Certainly Mel appointed him but we have all been taken for a mug in some way.

Mr Rush couldn’t wait to get rid of Clough who was managing the team in a sustainable manner and spending Mel’s cash as if it was his own. Sadly this wasn’t enough for the vocal minority, the rest is history.

Knew I’d missed this forum. 

16 minutes ago, chadlad said:

Nigel Clough was sacked some 9 months before Morris bought the club.

Sam Rush was clearly some trickster. He managed to undertake player negotiations, agree and sign contracts, write cheques and transfer monies, and organise strange payments to the likes of Mrs Ince, all without Messrs Morris and Pearce having the slightest knowledge of what was going on.  At least Morris got his day in court to expose his concealed trickery. Oh wait….

Appears I am the latest to rattle Mr P's cage over on OTIB.

It really is a shame that he doesn't sign up here so his views can be challenged.

Anyway, we I know you will be looking in again today Mr P, so for your benefit, yes I do feel after 23 years of working as an accountant and audior that I am suitably placed to challenge what the LAP decided. 

I'm also more than happy to explain to you why the accounts, other than the wording of the notes, were compliant with FRS, so feel free to drop your e-mail address on your board if you wish to discuss.

I'm not sure how you concluded that I think I know better than the IDC, as I actually agreed with their findings, on the basis that you disagree with them, and think we should have a points deduction, surely it is you that thinks you know better than the IDC and LAP, and I look forward to hearing on what basis you believe you know better.

In respect of you thinking my views are not balanced, you will note that I said I believe the residual values of our players may have been manipulated to help us with FFP and I would have no problem if the IDC or LAP had requested for them to be revised in light of information that has come to light since ie; resale values or contracts expiring. Having read your posts I am struggling to see what balance you feel you add to the matter but look forward to hearing.

Anyway, don't spend too much time worrying about the opinions of fans on another teams forum...life is much too short.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Appears I am the latest to rattle Mr P's cage over on OTIB.

It really is a shame that he doesn't sign up here so his views can be challenged.

Anyway, we I know you will be looking in again today Mr P, so for your benefit, yes I do feel after 23 years of working as an accountant and audior that I am suitably placed to challenge what the LAP decided. 

I'm also more than happy to explain to you why the accounts, other than the wording of the notes, were compliant with FRS, so feel free to drop your e-mail address on your board if you wish to discuss.

I'm not sure how you concluded that I think I know better than the IDC, as I actually agreed with their findings, on the basis that you disagree with them, and think we should have a points deduction, surely it is you that thinks you know better than the IDC and LAP, and I look forward to hearing on what basis you believe you know better.

In respect of you thinking my views are not balanced, you will note that I said I believe the residual values of our players may have been manipulated to help us with FFP and I would have no problem if the IDC or LAP had requested for them to be revised in light of information that has come to light since ie; resale values or contracts expiring. Having read your posts I am struggling to see what balance you feel you add to the matter but look forward to hearing.

Anyway, don't spend too much time worrying about the opinions of fans on another teams forum...life is much too short.

In short, do one you knobber.

15 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Nigel Clough was sacked some 9 months before Morris bought the club.

Sam Rush was clearly some trickster. He managed to undertake player negotiations, agree and sign contracts, write cheques and transfer monies, and organise strange payments to the likes of Mrs Ince, all without Messrs Morris and Pearce having the slightest knowledge of what was going on.  At least Morris got his day in court to expose his concealed trickery. Oh wait….

Hadn’t realised that. Could have sworn it was Mel’s doing, remember thinking why appoint a football agent as your CEO it’s just asking for trouble.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

No, I am merely saying there must be more to it than we are told. Let's face it, we are not privileged or in a position to know all the facts. Why would we be? 

Well yeah. Who would imagine we ever knew everything that went on.