Please don’t blame Morris and Pearce.

Curtains

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Admire your loyalty fella but in all honesty, all these threads of yours simply serve to give the handwringers yet another soapbox from which to slaughter all things DCFC. Can't even bring myself to scan this thread as I know exactly what I'll be reading and precisely who will have posted it... for the 100th time!

Hold the club close to your heart, keep the faith and enjoy the new season, old bean. Whilst we don't always agree on everything, fans like you are the lifeblood of the club. Always were, always will be. 

Hbo Gemstoneshbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The three amigos maliciously messed the club up, Mel and Pearce have blundered in to it whilst trying to push us on.

The end result isn't much different, so I don't see why Mel should get a free pass to be honest.

Because his intentions were good. The Three Amigos carried out illegal activity and went to jail for it. Mel took a shot for the moon… <insert inspiring quote about ambition and potential failure here>

19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu&#x27;sNesta said:

Which suggests you think people criticising our current owner for getting us in to this mess are not also part of the lifeblood of the club?

I am angry because I care. I want the club to be looked after, not run in a way that risks it's very existence.

That’s an odd conclusion to come to. I clearly read it that fans that hold the club close to their heart and keep the faith are the life blood of the club. Such people can be critical or supportive of the owners. There’s nothing in @86 Hair Islands post to suggest otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That’s an odd conclusion to come to. I clearly read it that fans that hold the club close to their heart and keep the faith are the life blood of the club. Such people can be critical or supportive of the owners. There’s nothing in @86 Hair Islands post to suggest otherwise.

Not even the “all these threads of yours simply serve to give the handwringers yet another soapbox from which to slaughter all things DCFC. Can't even bring myself to scan this thread as I know exactly what I'll be reading and precisely who will have posted it... for the 100th time!”

Blind GIF by memecandy

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Apologies if I read too much in to the way it was worded. 

38 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

Because his intentions were good. The Three Amigos carried out illegal activity and went to jail for it. Mel took a shot for the moon… <insert inspiring quote about ambition and potential failure here>

The means were different absolutely but the ends still were still the same. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Admire your loyalty fella but in all honesty, all these threads of yours simply serve to give the handwringers yet another soapbox from which to slaughter all things DCFC. Can't even bring myself to scan this thread as I know exactly what I'll be reading and precisely who will have posted it... for the 100th time!

Hold the club close to your heart, keep the faith and enjoy the new season, old bean. Whilst we don't always agree on everything, fans like you are the lifeblood of the club. Always were, always will be. 

Mate there are more proactive fans than me .

I man just an ordinary average fan .

I will maintain forever that the real enemy are the EFL .

Effing fools limited. 

10 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu&#x27;sNesta said:

Intentions are irrelevant in my mind if the end result is almost the same.

Blimey. That's harsh. So you're saying Mel is no better for this club than The Three Amigos? That's like saying Lionel was a failure (well, same ballpark) as he and we were also penniless at the end of his tenure and he pretty much took the same risks.

17 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

Blimey. That's harsh. So you're saying Mel is no better for this club than The Three Amigos? That's like saying Lionel was a failure (well, same ballpark) as he and we were also penniless at the end of his tenure and he pretty much took the same risks.

The club was at risk of destruction under the three amigos and is now at risk again. Doesn't matter what the original intentions were. 

I wasn't old enough when Pickering was in charge, but if he piddled all of his money away and left the club penniless then yes he was a failure.

22 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The club was at risk of destruction under the three amigos and is now at risk again. Doesn't matter what the original intentions were. 

I wasn't old enough when Pickering was in charge, but if he piddled all of his money away and left the club penniless then yes he was a failure.

<sigh>Asanovic, Stimac, DPFG, Carsley, etc etc - the best times being a Derby fan since the 70’s mate. Mr Pickering was not a fkn failure, he was Derby thru and thru. Wash your mouth out and have some respect. 

6 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

<sigh>Asanovic, Stimac, DPFG, Carsley, etc etc - the best times being a Derby fan since the 70’s mate. Mr Pickering was not a fkn failure, he was Derby thru and thru. Wash your mouth out and have some respect. 

1995-1999 are my "glory" years supporting Derby, thanks to Lionel & Jim.

1 hour ago, Raich Carter said:

You are entitled to you opinion and perhaps you have lower standards, but i don't share your view. Just because you are "Derby thru and thru" doesn't put you beyond criticism. What is the point of a couple of years of above average performance if you then almost ruin the club and yourself and usher in almost 30 years of decline thanks to your mistakes. A brief period of success does not erase the fact that he was ultimately a failure - exactly the same as the tenure of Mel Morris.

Even if it is true that Mel has reached a point where he cannot justify further expenditure ... I cannot be angry about the huge amount of time and money that he seems to have put into our club.

A non-fan owner would have left before now; and in the current situation, they would probably be looking to asset-strip to recoup some losses.

As far as I can tell, our stadium has been secured(!), if I am right in thinking that our stadium would not be at risk of our club were to go into administration. (I don't really understand the stadium transfer! It may turn out to be far more significant than creative accounting.)

And I'm not saying that we are heading for administration! It just didn't feel fair to imply that Mel would be letting us down.

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

You are entitled to you opinion and perhaps you have lower standards, but i don't share your view. Just because you are "Derby thru and thru" doesn't put you beyond criticism. What is the point of a couple of years of above average performance if you then almost ruin the club and yourself and usher in almost 30 years of decline thanks to your mistakes. A brief period of success does not erase the fact that he was ultimately a failure - exactly the same as the tenure of Mel Morris.

Get your history correct