Please don’t blame Morris and Pearce.

Curtains

I blame the recruitment team (and whoever sanctioned them) for identifying players who would cost a lot of money in transfer fees and wages, who weren’t anywhere near as good as they thought, and whose value diminished like water going down a drain. A succession of atrocious purchases - in which we continued to carry out for a long time. 
There wouldn’t have been any need to muck about with players amortisation rubbish if they’d have identified players who would improve and who would grow in value. 
Why the same lot are still here is beyond my comprehension. 

• 4 weeks later...

Resurrected this thread as I’ve had a change of heart. I’ve been a supporter of Mel, I thought he’d just made the mistake of giving supporters what they asked for: ‘sack this manager, sack that manager’, ‘sign this player, sign that player’. All good intentioned, genuine but just slightly misguided.

…But now I’ve got to ask, how on earth has Mel let it get to this stage? We knew we’d have to resubmit accounts - why weren’t they ready? Why are we so late on submitting the latest accounts? Why have we accrued so much debt with HMRC - The alleged £20m is a lot in anyone’s book but this has to be paid! Why have we not set payment terms with HMRC? How were managers allowed to spend so much with no care for the future? 

2 hours ago, Taribo said:

Resurrected this thread as I’ve had a change of heart. I’ve been a supporter of Mel, I thought he’d just made the mistake of giving supporters what they asked for: ‘sack this manager, sack that manager’, ‘sign this player, sign that player’. All good intentioned, genuine but just slightly misguided.

…But now I’ve got to ask, how on earth has Mel let it get to this stage? We knew we’d have to resubmit accounts - why weren’t they ready? Why are we so late on submitting the latest accounts? Why have we accrued so much debt with HMRC - The alleged £20m is a lot in anyone’s book but this has to be paid! Why have we not set payment terms with HMRC? How were managers allowed to spend so much with no care for the future? 

Been saying it for a while now mate, Mel has made a pigs ear out of running DCFC, his decisions has left us in the worse state that anyone could have imagined, just hope someone buys the club ASAP, or who knows what could happen. 

5 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Been saying it for a while now mate, Mel has made a pigs ear out of running DCFC, his decisions has left us in the worse state that anyone could have imagined, just hope someone buys the club ASAP, or who knows what could happen. 

If this had been under the stewardship of someone who wasn’t local the pitchfork demonstrations would have been taking place months ago. 

He genuinely might go down as the owner that kills us. 

Which makes me angry but also sympathetic. There’ll be no one as upset as him if it comes to that. He was poured in well over £200m from his personal wealth so he’s not some sort of dodgy owner. He’s just made poor decision after poor decision. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Which makes me angry but also sympathetic. There’ll be no one as upset as him if it comes to that. He was poured in well over £200m from his personal wealth so he’s not some sort of dodgy owner. He’s just made poor decision after poor decision. 

do you really think he can possibly be more upset than you me and rest of us, really?

As the old saying goes 'You reap what you sow'  At the end of the day bad decisions have been made by whoever, but ultimately Mel is the owner and if others were making bad decisions it his his train set and he should manage it so.

If your team is not doing what it is supposed to be doing then you o something about it.

I have been saying this for a long time now.

27 minutes ago, Spanish said:

do you really think he can possibly be more upset than you me and rest of us, really?

Who knows but I think there is a chance he could be. If he is a lifelong fan like the rest of us, that potentially puts him on a par with us. Add to that any personal loss he has suffered and the knowledge that he, as a successful business man has failed. Also, however thick skinned he might be I’m sure he’s not enjoying the change from local hero to villain.

I’m not saying we should all get the violins out and feel sorry for him, after all the dilemma we’re in have come about under his watch so he carries a great deal of responsibility whereas we don’t, but I reckon he’s at least as upset as most of us.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Which makes me angry but also sympathetic. There’ll be no one as upset as him if it comes to that. He was poured in well over £200m from his personal wealth so he’s not some sort of dodgy owner. He’s just made poor decision after poor decision

I'm telling you....it's all agent Paterson's doing

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Who knows but I think there is a chance he could be. If he is a lifelong fan like the rest of us, that potentially puts him on a par with us. Add to that any personal loss he has suffered and the knowledge that he, as a successful business man has failed. Also, however thick skinned he might be I’m sure he’s not enjoying the change from local hero to villain.

I’m not saying we should all get the violins out and feel sorry for him, after all the dilemma we’re in have come about under his watch so he carries a great deal of responsibility whereas we don’t, but I reckon he’s at least as upset as most of us.

i can agree with at least and this is our hope that he doesn't abandon us.

We are on the verge of being an embarrassment again. Just over two weeks until our first game with no senior centre halves, one striker who is in his mid 30s and still under this embargo.

Morris and Pearce should be working night and day to get this sorted ASAP. They may well be but we don’t know either way.

What will the fans say when we are getting hammered every week because we are no where near competitive? Will they still support Morris and say he tried his best? If Morris was not a local man he would be being castigated now. It is is ‘fan’ label that is saving him in my opinion.

I was a huge supporter of Morris but from what I read and see (as this is all I can base my opinion on) unless things dramatically change he will ruin this club for at least a decade by his actions.

Blame games don’t help especially as whatever was done, was done with good intent by those still here, but if we are to look forward maybe those in charge could give us at least a partial time plan ? In the end they are a business and we are the customer. If one of your suppliers was in difficulty surely it is reasonable to request some answers. 

new owner .. ok ongoing, difficult and open ended, can’t be answered. 

payment plan for alleged HMRC debt. Hardly confidential so what is it. ? How much, and is there a time scale to resolve this. ? 

resubmitted accounts .. at what point will they be ready ?

To the EFL .. On submission of new accounts how long do you need to reach a judgment ? (Or find another moan)

I don’t see that any of these bits of info are either strategic or breach commercial confidentiality 

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

His vastly over inflated ego had something to do with it too