Please don’t blame Morris and Pearce.

Curtains

I am normally a half full glass person but i have this gnawing away in the background and i want to get it off my chest. Some people may think this is very emotive but here goes. It's been fantastic how much someone was prepared to put alledgedly £200 million of their own money into something that they love (perhaps not as much now) and that establishment affects a great many people far and wide throughout the local community and beyond. If i had the assets/cash Mel has reportedly got and my love for something has dwindled so much so it is becoming something of a weight around my neck,i would want it gone asap. From snippets given out by the club this is ongoing. If I was Mel I  personally would sell up for £1 to American owners (please), pay off all debts and leave the club in hopefully a debt free environment. Afterall I would still have £100s millions in the bank and that something the majority of us can only dream about. Tin hat on now!

6 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

I am normally a half full glass person but i have this gnawing away in the background and i want to get it off my chest. Some people may think this is very emotive but here goes. It's been fantastic how much someone was prepared to put alledgedly £200 million of their own money into something that they love (perhaps not as much now) and that establishment affects a great many people far and wide throughout the local community and beyond. If i had the assets/cash Mel has reportedly got and my love for something has dwindled so much so it is becoming something of a weight around my neck,i would want it gone asap. From snippets given out by the club this is ongoing. If I was Mel I  personally would sell up for £1 to American owners (please), pay off all debts and leave the club in hopefully a debt free environment. Afterall I would still have £100s millions in the bank and that something the majority of us can only dream about. Tin hat on now!

He’s trying to sell so what more can he do .

If people don’t want to buy and the EFL doesn’t allow it he’s snookered 

On 24/07/2021 at 09:48, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Which suggests you think people criticising our current owner for getting us in to this mess are not also part of the lifeblood of the club?

I am angry because I care. I want the club to be looked after, not run in a way that risks it's very existence.

Suggests nothing of the sort. Perhaps you read the post again. ?‍♂️

On 24/07/2021 at 10:17, i-Ram said:

Not even the “all these threads of yours simply serve to give the handwringers yet another soapbox from which to slaughter all things DCFC. Can't even bring myself to scan this thread as I know exactly what I'll be reading and precisely who will have posted it... for the 100th time!”

Blind GIF by memecandy

I'd have thought anyone with a modicum of intelligence would be able to distinguish between a pop at those who bleat incessantly on the forum, effectively saying the same things over and over again and a completely separate reference to someone who is pleading for others to support the club at a time when it needs support most. 

As it clearly needs explaining to yourself and one or two others, I'm not implying the handwringers you're so keen to defend care any less than @Curtains, only that I can't be arsed to read their whiny outpourings. It seems that you and some others are incapable of understanding that that some folk who remain grateful to MM are also capable of acknowledging his rooster ups along the way, they simply don't choose to dedicate time every day to moaning about them.

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'd have thought anyone with a modicum of intelligence would be able to distinguish between a pop at those who bleat incessantly on the forum, effectively saying the same things over and over again and a completely separate reference to someone who is pleading for others to support the club at a time when it needs support most. 

As it clearly needs explaining to yourself and one or two others, I'm not implying the handwringers you're so keen to defend care any less than @Curtains, only that I can't be arsed to read their whiny outpourings. It seems that you and some others are incapable of understanding that that some folk who remain grateful to MM are also capable of acknowledging his rooster ups along the way, they simply don't choose to dedicate time every day to moaning about them.

Drunk On One GIF

On 24/07/2021 at 22:57, GenBr said:

You are entitled to you opinion and perhaps you have lower standards, but i don't share your view. Just because you are "Derby thru and thru" doesn't put you beyond criticism. What is the point of a couple of years of above average performance if you then almost ruin the club and yourself and usher in almost 30 years of decline thanks to your mistakes. A brief period of success does not erase the fact that he was ultimately a failure - exactly the same as the tenure of Mel Morris.

Lower standards? You said you're too young to remember the TBE era so you're used to a much lower standard of football than I enjoyed so it's not about standards youth. If you mean standards in terms of the way the club is run then let's be real. You really have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, all the twists and turns, financials, agendas, etc, etc and as you grow-up you'll realise that it's easy to just sit and judge expecting 'better' but that's not how life is. 

At no point did I say they were beyond criticism but you don't know your history nor do you know what's really going on now - none of us do. You're all indignant and full of pomp criticising a highly successful self-made millionaire and board of other professionals like you have a clue about what's really going on - ya don't - you're just a fan with an opinion based on very little fact. 

As you say, we won't agree because you clearly know it all and I'm just a dinosaur so I'll go back to my low standards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2021 at 08:25, Curtains said:

Noticed some people having a go .

We are Derby fans and we should stick together and back the Club 

Its easy to be derogatory about the owners in this situation but the real enemy is the EFL 

They are an absolute joke of an institution and don’t get me started on Steve Gibson and Wycombe Wanderers

I think you need to wise up to the complete disaster MM is turning out to be. If you purchase any business you are responsible for it! In good and bad times. Just because you have decided to sell does not relinquish you of those obligations. I find it personally very unbecoming of MM to be crying wolf regarding finances.

As i think I remember from scriptures "who is the more generous, the man who has untold wealth who gives copiously or the poor woman who has nothing, but gives the church her last penny" 

MM I think you need to stand up, and be counted!

I can't believe this thread ever existed. Just let it sink in that without a takeover there will probably be no Derby County next season. Hide behind the EFL and covid all you like the facts are this situation has happened due to serious mismanagement at the top of this football club. Nobody else has control of the finances. 

9 minutes ago, DCFCJim87 said:

I can't believe this thread ever existed. Just let it sink in that without a takeover there will probably be no Derby County next season. Hide behind the EFL and covid all you like the facts are this situation has happened due to serious mismanagement at the top of this football club. Nobody else has control of the finances. 

wasting your time

even if we did go under there will be still some who won't hear a word against him.  I would guess these people would be the first to complain if this was an outsider

On 25/07/2021 at 08:56, Curtains said:

He’s trying to sell so what more can he do .

If people don’t want to buy and the EFL doesn’t allow it he’s snookered 

You are deluded, The precarious position MM has engineered regarding EFL and finances is entirely his fault! 

Secondly if he was so desperate to sell, then the price would reflect that.

All this BS rhetoric from MM crying wolf regarding finances and only wanting whats best for Derby is in my opinion not worth the paper it's written on!

Edited by Hathersage Ram
spelling

15 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

You are deluded, The precarious position MM has engineered regarding EFL and finances is entirely his fault! 

All this BS rhetoric from MM crying wolf regarding finances and only wanting whats best for Derby is in my opinion not worth the paper it's written on!

I think deluded is a bit strong. I have my eyes wide open to reality. I’m happy we got 2 centre halves in and a goal keeper.  The other trialists are being greedy.   I said i can’t support Mel anymore on another thread but that was out of frustration and from reports coming out the meeting with fan groups. 

I still have Mels back to be honest. 

I don't know who else is to blame but the people who have been in charge of the club. I think we are paying the price of having

a one-person owner, who has not been responsible to anybody but himself for his actions. I don't see how he can avoid blame for

his choices when trying to sell the club, when all but him seemingly recognise a bad choice made much earlier. How many others are

there like myself who after 60 years ( with many ups and downs admittedly) have had their enthusiasm and love for the club knocked out

of them? We were in limbo most of last season but seem now to have moved to a deeper level of hell.

23 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

None of us knows the price. You’ve got a pandemic on, possible future lockdowns, and a club that could still be dragged into the third tier by the EFL. Or that could be top 6 this season with crowds approaching capacity. So you have a debt free valuation that stretches from, dunno, £150m to £40m.
He’s pumped endless money into the club and you’re saying he should now sell at any price ? 

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I think you need to wise up to the complete disaster MM is turning out to be. If you purchase any business you are responsible for it! In good and bad times. Just because you have decided to sell does not relinquish you of those obligations. I find it personally very unbecoming of MM to be crying wolf regarding finances.

As i think I remember from scriptures "who is the more generous, the man who has untold wealth who gives copiously or the poor woman who has nothing, but gives the church her last penny" 

MM I think you need to stand up, and be counted!

He think he has been stood up to be counted   

We have signed 3 the others are greedy  

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

None of us knows the price. You’ve got a pandemic on, possible future lockdowns, and a club that could still be dragged into the third tier by the EFL. Or that could be top 6 this season with crowds approaching capacity. So you have a debt free valuation that stretches from, dunno, £150m to £40m.
He’s pumped endless money into the club and you’re saying he should now sell at any price ? 

Mel Morris has said numerous times he would sell for £1 to the right buyer in the past.