EFL Verdict

DCFC90

Just came to check it said what I thought it said. Load of waffle.

Huge relief to stay up but we definitely only won the battle today, they will hammer us over P&S when the acounts go in if they have any opportunity at all. Would still work on a basis of needing 12 points more than anyone else this season.

As it stands I think we're still screwed.

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Thank **** for that. If we get points deducted on the refile then that’s what we deserve, end of argument from both sides, clean slate between the EFL and the new owners and let’s finally get back to excitement on the pitch instead of constant bad news off it! 

We've got new owner's!!!!!???? ???????

Edited by oomarkwright

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Thank **** for that. If we get points deducted on the refile then that’s what we deserve, end of argument from both sides, clean slate between the EFL and the new owners and let’s finally get back to excitement on the pitch instead of constant bad news off it! 

Not really what we deserve. If we fail because of the amortisation previously signed off our arguement will be that had it not be signed off we would have bought/sold players to stay within the limit. 

So lets hope we are within the limits still if not a point deduction will be applied but we will appeal it for this all to drag on longer

Edited by DCFC1388

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not really what we deserve. If we fail because of the amortisation previously signed off our arguement will be that had it not be signed off we would have bought/sold players to stay within the limit. 

So lets hope we are within the limits still if not a point deduction will ne applied but we will appeal it

Apparently we've already had our accounts revised and we're within ffp limit. 

10 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Can i just take this opportunity to commiserate the directors of Wycombe Wanderers on this breaking development

tenor-2.gif.cc11da87484417bf0aee6002d70a3497.gif

When they announced the sale of one of their better strikers to Boro earlier today, I did think it might be following some League 1 news for them.

Got to plug the loss in revenue somehow eh?

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

I may be making it up but I’m certain Stephen Pearce or one of our statements alluded to this being true. Maybe it’s just wishful thinking. 

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Where have you heard that? It wouldn't surprise me for us to be within the limits anyway, they'll have something ready i'm sure

That statement from the EFL is very aggressively worded considering they are talking about one of their member clubs!

Surely, if the re-submissions show the Club remained within the P&S limits (as we will find out in due course) then a six-figure fine for what is an accounting policy misdemeanour is absolutely all the punishment should be.

Given the tone of the statement, you have to suspect that the EFL feel that the Club will not be within the limits and they very much feel the accounting policy was not a misdemeanour at all but blatant bending of the rules, and that Derby have 'got away with it'.

4 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Why does it feel like it still isn't over

Because the EFL still dislike us as much, probably even more than they did yesterday. Again they've tried to come after us (rightly or wrongly) and not got the result they want. The statement highlights that they don't agree with the punishment, but they don't have the grounds to appeal.

I think it'll be telling now, as to how quick we are to submit our new accounts. I have no idea how long it would take to prepare what is required, and I don't know how long ago we started to prepare them. If we are still compliant with FFP then I would like to hope we would submit them as soon as possible to fully clear any uncertainty, lift any embargos and get on with the takeover and whatever signings we can afford to make. If we're going to fail on FFP, we will probably wait to submit as long as possible.

However, if we now know we are in the Championship next season, and our new accounts fail the P&S rules, then I would hope we would still submit sooner rather than later. If we end up with a points deduction either way as a result of that, why not do it early and get rid of the embargo, rather than be restricted with recruitment for the entire window, only to receive the deduction any way?

6 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

Where have you heard that? It wouldn't surprise me for us to be within the limits anyway, they'll have something ready i'm sure

Not itk but I've heard various people saying it. That Keiran Maguire did some calculations and we're in the limits. He's usually right about this financial stuff even if he does hate Derby. You have to remember to factor in the 80m stadium as well