EFL Verdict

DCFC90

5 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Its been over a week now since the appeal result & punishment was announced. Surely the fact the IDC knew their outcome their report really shouldn't need to take a week to type up? I know it will be long & complicated but seriously, it wont take any longer than a day for someone to type it up correctly.

Perhaps the typist's furloughed

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

well our last 2 years havent been submitted due to the ongoing EFL case, but the latest ones were given the government extended period to be submitted which is what resulted in the soft embargo as the EFL didnt approve clubs to use the government extended deadline....although as per Kieran Maguire yesterday, the EFL themselves actually used the extended deadline.

So:

2016 - Need resubmitting as per IDC

2017 - Need resubmitting as per IDC

2018 - Need resubmitting as per IDC

2019 - Never been submitted

2020 - Never been submitted

Is that even legal (the EFL penalising clubs who are acting lawfully)?

24 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Is that even legal (the EFL penalising clubs who are acting lawfully)?

They clearly just do what they want. The government extended the deadline, the EFL themselves utilised it but put clubs who did the same under a soft embargo as their rules states they have to be submitted by a certain deadline, think it may be end of March. I'm sure the original report states about half of the Champ were under a soft embargo because of this. 

12 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I wasn't referring to us. I was referring to the EFL's action of the embargo when we and other clubs have been given a legal right to defer submitting the accounts. 

Sadly, they have the legal right, as the governing body, to make rules and enforce them with penalties. 

Their actions are beyond words tho.... 

Perhaps we should lobby for primary legislation to remove the EFL as the governing body. I'd just love to hear her maj at the opening of Parliament... 

"May government will be bringing forth legislation to ensure the fair, lawful operation of association football and that Gibson naffs orf" 

?

Suddenly beginning to appreciate that it’s summer, geese and turkeys beginning to hatch, poly tunnel full of tomatoes and peppers, bees busy in the hives.

Thanks to god that the rest of my mundane life is on an even keele and all the Derby peri feral crap can be put into perspective.

Problem being unfortunately summer doesn’t last forever and I’ll have to take on board the Derby County soap opera.

2 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

Suddenly beginning to appreciate that it’s summer, geese and turkeys beginning to hatch, poly tunnel full of tomatoes and peppers, bees busy in the hives.

Thanks to god that the rest of my mundane life is on an even keele and all the Derby peri feral crap can be put into perspective.

Problem being unfortunately summer doesn’t last forever and I’ll have to take on board the Derby County soap opera.

S*d the tomatoes and peppers, we’ve got Evans and then Muzza on at Wimbledon, the two Euro quarters and then Derbyshire in the T20 ???

NO appeal

While the EFL does not agree that those sanctions are commensurate to the breaches found, following consultation with our legal advisors, the EFL Board has regrettably determined that there are insufficient grounds to appeal the sanction imposed by the Independent Disciplinary Commission.

While the EFL does not agree that those sanctions are commensurate to the breaches found, following consultation with our legal advisors, the EFL Board has regrettably determined that there are insufficient grounds to appeal the sanction imposed by the Independent Disciplinary Commission.

EFL statement: Derby County sanction (written reasons) - News - EFL Official Website

Just came to check it said what I thought it said. Load of waffle.

Huge relief to stay up but we definitely only won the battle today, they will hammer us over P&S when the acounts go in if they have any opportunity at all. Would still work on a basis of needing 12 points more than anyone else this season.

As it stands I think we're still screwed.