When do we start to panic?

Malty

When? I've been hyperventilating into a brown paper bag for 30 years already now. After all, who needs perspective when you can have melodrama? 

What is odd though, is that I'm sure I can recall darker times at the club and yet by some massively strange quirk of fate, the world has just carried on spinning. Go figure... ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

When? I've been hyperventilating into a brown paper bag for 30 years already now. After all, who needs perspective when you can have melodrama? 

What is odd though, is that I'm sure I can recall darker times at the club and yet by some massively strange quirk of fate, the world has just carried on spinning. Go figure... ?‍♂️

I've had 53 years good bad cried laughed despaired but why panic it is what it is i always think why i supported the club and come up with answer its in my heart. 

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Fixtures are released Thursday, that truly is a day to start panicking when you see our threadbare squad without a kit to wear away at West Brom first game of the season.

If this happens, I for one will want to know if you are ITK. 

9 hours ago, r4derby said:

I think if the major issues (takeover, punishment etc) aren't sorted by the time the preseason friendlies kick in, we can start to become a little nervous and ask questions.

Those are so important for us to know what to do next season and how we are going to approach it. Will we be able to afford wages for new signings? Do we have to sell first?

The squad isn’t awful. It just needs some players in important positions (CB, ST)

You wont get much for thruppence hapenny.

I truly think that the EFL probably don't have much grounds to punish us but they can delay the outcome in the meantime keeping us under an embargo. - The downside from that the potential new owners are maybe hanging on until the outcome of the EFL findings are published. 

This way the EFL can hurt us and really ruin our season without actually giving out any real punishment.

10 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

If this happens, I for one will want to know if you are ITK. 

You wont get much for thruppence hapenny.

I truly think that the EFL probably don't have much grounds to punish us but they can delay the outcome in the meantime keeping us under an embargo. - The downside from that the potential new owners are maybe hanging on until the outcome of the EFL findings are published. 

This way the EFL can hurt us and really ruin our season without actually giving out any real punishment.

Same old same old then?

9 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Rooney is an unashamed careerist & there's no way he would stay if a) there were no funds to bring in players/was going to lose players and/or b) a substantial penalty incoming. Too much potential damage to his brand and ambition & he's already got a ready made narrative of 'keeping us up'. His media pals will do their duty talking up his stint & protesting we're an impossible job.

By that I presume you mean someone who wants to do really well in their career path - his being to be a very good football manager. So by staying here, where he has committed his future to us - more than once already - he intends to do that with Derby.

Lol. I don't suppose there would be a lot of disagreement from Derby fans about that either!!! How many CBs on our books for the new season? ?

Edited by RoyMac5

6 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

If I was new owner I would not kiss and make up I make it clear I will not be messed with.

Both is possible. Something needs to change as the EFL battle is one of things that has dragged the club's reputation down so much and hindered us so much over the last few years. Sick of it

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

"If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, you obviously don't appreciate the situation."

At the moment they are all fears of what might be.

I will remain calm until I see davie marsall more than six inches out of the area.

Lots moaned that he never came off his line for us! ?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

By that I presume you mean someone who wants to do really well in their career path - his being to be a very good football manager. So by staying here, where he has committed his future to us - more than once already - he intends to do that with Derby.

Lol. I don't suppose there would be a lot of disagreement from Derby fans about that either!!! How many CBs on our books for the new season? ?

?

'Committed his future to us?' Thats good of him. This is as good a gig as he's getting at present given how dismal his record is. That's like celebrating Ikechi Anya committing to us for the 4 years he had a contract here.

If Rooney does improve, you're in for an unpleasant surprise if you think he's intending on staying at Derby any longer than necessary.

11 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

To old to panic about football at age 47. What ever happens happens.

Main problem for me if things don’t get sorted is the football will be a stinking pile of ? so I won’t want to watch it and have to find something else to do.

What he said - I've been here more than once, no longer have a life that revolves around 3pm Saturday. Football has become a fickle interest, they have changed the relationship with the fan to one of a customer. The recent events have also given us all so much more to find to do on a weekend - it's sad to admit but I'm really not that bothered enough to panic.

However, I do seem bothered enough to post on here about three times a week about how unbothered I am so I appreciate I am likely not being true to myself.

27 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

If you're a 12 year-old schoolgirl or younger, start to panic. Otherwise (with apologies to @angieram and other female supporters on the board) grow a pair and stop being such a wuss.....

I'm sure @angieram (and all the other female posters on the board) will be delighted you have taken the time to apologise before making the statement anyway.

12 hours ago, Malty said:

So we are waiting for the result of the DC panel (or whatever it’s called) and simultaneously waiting for a potential takeover announcement.

Both seem imminent, but in honesty, both seem to have been kicked down the road so many times you just wonder when and if we will ever see the end of them. 

Meanwhile DCFC seem in complete limbo …. armed with a selection of academy graduates and a handful of championship or near championship level players, a team which many think are barely capable of staying in the league and a squad that just is simply way to thin.

Our manager has barely kept us up and was very clear a month ago that he needed action immediately to prepare for next season … after which nothing has happened. How much patience does he have?

Our best youth players are not signing contracts and even mediocre players in our squad are being snapped up by rivals.

So as fans, do we continue to sit and wait and play the patience game … or do we panic?

Panic I'd say.  The whole situation is a complete shambles

If part of our defence against any sanctions from the DC isn't "You have already cost us dearly with your constant embargoes and the frankly ludicrous amount of time this has taken" then it definitely should be.

Another transfer window swallowed up by the EFL and their meandering, glacial paced incompetence.