When do we start to panic?

Malty

The EFL have already cost us dearly without any formal punishments.

Both embargos and a sense we will struggle due to any potential punishments will probably have cost us free agents/cheap additions, and likely affected the negotiations of existing players, without mentioning the inability to plan beyond the end of last season, and now still living in relative limbo.

The ridiculously protracted FFP/Keogh saga has hung over us for 18 months now, and will have cast a shadow of uncertainty that will be felt throughout the club, that has to have an affect on the pitch, as well as keeping genuine buyers at a distance.

I sense in terms of current ownership its probably worn Mel down to a point he just can't be bothered any more, yes maybe he antagonised them first, but they do seem to be on a mission to drag everything out as long as possible for maximum effect.

Its absolutely imperative that any new owners start to repair the damage and get us out of this cycle.

13 hours ago, Malty said:

So we are waiting for the result of the DC panel (or whatever it’s called) and simultaneously waiting for a potential takeover announcement.

Both seem imminent, but in honesty, both seem to have been kicked down the road so many times you just wonder when and if we will ever see the end of them. 

Meanwhile DCFC seem in complete limbo …. armed with a selection of academy graduates and a handful of championship or near championship level players, a team which many think are barely capable of staying in the league and a squad that just is simply way to thin.

Our manager has barely kept us up and was very clear a month ago that he needed action immediately to prepare for next season … after which nothing has happened. How much patience does he have?

Our best youth players are not signing contracts and even mediocre players in our squad are being snapped up by rivals.

So as fans, do we continue to sit and wait and play the patience game … or do we panic?

8CFFC828-C06E-495A-99AA-AE89FBBEC599.jpeg

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

If Rooney does improve, you're in for an unpleasant surprise if you think he's intending on staying at Derby any longer than necessary.

Like Lampard and Rowett did? ? Of course successful managers don't want to stay at the club in the state it's in.

No need to panic, the ITKs on social have got their ?? on the go again. Surely this means it’s happening doesn’t it they’ve been right so many times before ??

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

By that I presume you mean someone who wants to do really well in their career path - his being to be a very good football manager. So by staying here, where he has committed his future to us - more than once already - he intends to do that with Derby.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Like Lampard and Rowett did? ? Of course successful managers don't want to stay at the club in the state it's in.

More contradictory waffle...you either believe he will stay to be successful with us or you don't. Which is it?

And your standard whataboutery chucked in too although never seems to apply to tough circumstances previous managers have experienced here (of course).

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

No need to panic, the ITKs on social have got their ?? on the go again. Surely this means it’s happening doesn’t it they’ve been right so many times before ??

It’s the same lot again… worst thing is they’re all adults looking for attention 

32 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

More contradictory waffle...you either believe he will stay to be successful with us or you don't. Which is it?

And your standard whataboutery chucked in too although never seems to apply to tough circumstances previous managers have experienced here (of course).

I believe he should be given chance to be successful here (and yes I currently think he will).

You're another one when it's pointed out to them that they are making no sense don't like it and get snitty.

You said "If Rooney does improve, you're in for an unpleasant surprise if you think he's intending on staying at Derby any longer than necessary." I pointed out he wouldn't be the only one, nor the first to do that! 

You 'accused' him of being 'careerist'. Well when his career is football manager why isn't that a good thing for us? ?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I believe he should be given chance to be successful here (and yes I currently think he will).

You're another one when it's pointed out to them that they are making no sense don't like it and get snitty.

You said "If Rooney does improve, you're in for an unpleasant surprise if you think he's intending on staying at Derby any longer than necessary." I pointed out he wouldn't be the only one, nor the first to do that! 

You 'accused' him of being 'careerist'. Well when his career is football manager why isn't that a good thing for us? ?

Good grief. Even by your standards, that is a hilariously weak reply ?

Avoiding the question again, selectively answering what suits you, desperately scrambling for the higher moral ground (I'M not making sense!?!) , more whataboutery & a laughing emoji for something that isn't funny. You've been called out & your counter argument is feeble to the point of pitiful.

Have a lovely day Roy. My work here is done ?

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Good grief. Even by your standards, that is a hilariously weak reply ?

Avoiding the question again, selectively answering what suits you, desperately scrambling for the higher moral ground (I'M not making sense!?!) , more whataboutery & a laughing emoji for something that isn't funny. You've been called out & your counter argument is feeble to the point of pitiful.

Have a lovely day Roy. My work here is done ?

At least you didn’t get ‘stop being personal’ when his contradictions and inaccuracies (being very polite here) are shown up for what they are ??

47 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yeah you got it, it’s going to help. It’s going to help because the EFl has a massive amount of discretion in the way they manage the league. And they won’t ever exercise it in favour of clubs who keep trying to poke them in the eye.  

That's exactly what I was saying ....