When do we start to panic?

Malty

So we are waiting for the result of the DC panel (or whatever it’s called) and simultaneously waiting for a potential takeover announcement.

Both seem imminent, but in honesty, both seem to have been kicked down the road so many times you just wonder when and if we will ever see the end of them. 

Meanwhile DCFC seem in complete limbo …. armed with a selection of academy graduates and a handful of championship or near championship level players, a team which many think are barely capable of staying in the league and a squad that just is simply way to thin.

Our manager has barely kept us up and was very clear a month ago that he needed action immediately to prepare for next season … after which nothing has happened. How much patience does he have?

Our best youth players are not signing contracts and even mediocre players in our squad are being snapped up by rivals.

So as fans, do we continue to sit and wait and play the patience game … or do we panic?

6 minutes ago, Malty said:

So we are waiting for the result of the DC panel (or whatever it’s called) and simultaneously waiting for a potential takeover announcement.

Both seem imminent, but in honesty, both seem to have been kicked down the road so many times you just wonder when and if we will ever see the end of them. 

Meanwhile DCFC seem in complete limbo …. armed with a selection of academy graduates and a handful of championship or near championship level players, a team which many think are barely capable of staying in the league and a squad that just is simply way to thin.

Our manager has barely kept us up and was very clear a month ago that he needed action immediately to prepare for next season … after which nothing has happened. How much patience does he have?

Our best youth players are not signing contracts and even mediocre players in our squad are being snapped up by rivals.

So as fans, do we continue to sit and wait and play the patience game … or do we panic?

I think we need to start panicking when fans ask if we need to start panicking. 

12 minutes ago, Malty said:

Fixtures are released Thursday, that truly is a day to start panicking when you see our threadbare squad without a kit to wear away at West Brom first game of the season.

24 minutes ago, Malty said:

No need to worry yet, during the cricket season when Derbyshire are doing...doing..so..how long until the football season?

19 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I’m predicting that things will start to fall into place this week, with the EFL burying our fine in the press, the day after England reach the last 16. The takeover will be announced along with major transfer activity....then again..............

133DEAB8-A6B2-4440-85B2-875BC5283F43.gif

I have a similar feeling in that we will start to know more this week on either the takeover, the new kit or the EFL punishment or maybe even all of them. But im basing it purely on the basis of the fixtures being released this week and come the end of this week we're a week away from preseason.

If I'm anything to go by, we start panicking within a couple of months of becoming a Derby fan. From there it's just one continual lurching panic to panic journey through to the grave, so far as I can make out.

My advice is to just go with it, and numb the worst bits with IPA. Or conceivably some brutal Belgian job, or some alcohol infused Ribena, according to some on here.

I think if the major issues (takeover, punishment etc) aren't sorted by the time the preseason friendlies kick in, we can start to become a little nervous and ask questions.

Those are so important for us to know what to do next season and how we are going to approach it. Will we be able to afford wages for new signings? Do we have to sell first?

The squad isn’t awful. It just needs some players in important positions (CB, ST)

Not sure why you would panic. 

We are at the low point already, poor manager, threadbare squad, youngsters and senior pros not yet signed up to new deals, worst run of results in the pro divisions, owner who wants out, no budget.

The only way is up from here, if any of the above improve then that’s a good thing.....at least that’s how I’m trying to look at it!

Edited by Ramarena

It's not panicking it's legitimate concern at this point. The club is six weeks away from the beginning of the season, we have an absolute threadbare squad that couldn't compete for more than a month at this level before putting us bottom (yes it is awful) little idea about future ownership of the club and we're under embargo with an inexperienced managerial team. If this isn't enough to make us concerned about the club's future what is?

1 hour ago, Malty said:

If Rooney walks.

Even though I don't want him at the club, the fact he is still here indicates things are progressing on the takeover front & that the news on the penalty (the severity of which I'm certain the club will be aware of) isn't as bad as first feared.

Rooney is an unashamed careerist & there's no way he would stay if a) there were no funds to bring in players/was going to lose players and/or b) a substantial penalty incoming. Too much potential damage to his brand and ambition & he's already got a ready made narrative of 'keeping us up'. His media pals will do their duty talking up his stint & protesting we're an impossible job.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well you all know what I think I think we should protest against efl and let them know we are backing our club and help Derby county fight them.

I hope our new owners will have the sense to kiss and make up with the EFL. Fighting your regulator is a mug’s game 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I hope our new owners will have the sense to kiss and make up with the EFL. Fighting your regulator is a mug’s game 

If I was new owner I would not kiss and make up I make it clear I will not be messed with.