When do we start to panic?

Malty

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

But you constantly belittled Cocu and he was put in a bad situation too ...please don't tell me he wasn't ??

No he was. But the squad he had was still better than this. Plus when he left us he wasn't 'doing well'.

So I think Rooney (or any manager except Pearson) should have the same opportunities. I've never said different. It's been interpreted differently by some posters but that's their problem.

Oh and get this right, I 'belittled' Cocu's football - again some on here cannot or will not see the difference. I thought Cocu came across as a very decent man indeed, I personally liked him. But that does not mean I want him as manager.

Edited by RoyMac5

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No he was. But the squad he had was still better than this. Plus when he left us he wasn't 'doing well'.

So I think Rooney (or any manager except Pearson) should have the same opportunities. I've never said different. It's been interpreted differently by some posters but that's their problem.

Oh and get this right, I 'belittled' Cocu's football - again some on here cannot or will not see the difference. I thought Cocu came across as a very decent man indeed, I personally liked him. But that does not mean I want him as manager.

To be honest with you Roy, any manager would have a hard job working for Mel, which has been proven, most falling out with him at some time, and yes the squad Rooney has to work with is a very tough job, as was Cocu, Mel was determined to play the youngsters, not due to there talent but due to the clubs financial state of affairs which has now been proven, with all the poo happening now, even Akex Ferguson would struggle to take this squad of 13 very far, so for me as it has always been, Mel has alot to answear for, and the situation could still get worse if he does not sell us soon. rant over. 

Edited by Derby blood

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

To be honest with you Roy, any manager would have a hard job working for Mel, which has been proven, most falling out with him at some time. And yes the squad Rooney has to work with is a very tough job, as was Cocu, Mel was determined to play the youngsters, not due to there talent but due to the clubs financial state of affairs which has now been proven. With all the poo happening now, even Alex Ferguson would struggle to take this squad of 13 very far. So for me as it has always been, Mel has alot to answer for, and the situation could still get worse if he does not sell us soon. rant over. 

I think Mel will have to take the blame when things aren't going well, definitely. All owners do. But the past couple of years have been particularly poor. Tbh all we the fans can do is look to the future and keep hoping! At least until we can get back into the ground and voice our opinion. #WeareallDerby #COYR

Hi, it's the close season, I'm pretty disillusioned with Derby County after last season, so I am only checking in every now and then to see if there is any news about EFL punishments, takeovers, player transfers, kit launches etc. Of course, there never is but, hey ho, Derby fans get used to waiting.....

But I am amazed to see that the "Cocu versus Rooney" argument between @RoyMac5 and the rest of the world is continuing.

I admire all of your persistence and tenacity but surely both sides should recognize that everyone is entrenched in their views and are never going to change.

Myself, I have been massively frustrated with Roy's stubborn refusal to explain his inconsistent appraisal of the two. But I think we are just going to have to accept it and move on.

Maybe he's hoping if things turn around for the better, he can point at himself as being the one supporter who "kept the faith". A bit like Twitter trolls who start a rumour, one of them has to be right eventually and can then claim they're ITK. I dunno why Roy is doing it. Maybe he just genuinely believes that the circumstances and squad that Cocu had were not as bad as those faced by Rooney. I just don't know.

But I have given up trying to understand. Let's move on.

Edited by IslandExile

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

But I am amazed to see that the "Cocu versus Rooney" argument between @RoyMac5 and the rest of the world is continuing.

I admire all of your persistence and tenacity but surely both sides should recognize that everyone is entrenched in their views and are never going to change.

Myself, I have been massively frustrated with Roy's stubborn refusal to explain his inconsistent appraisal of the two. But I think we are just going to have to accept it and move on.

Christ yes, move on. 

The time to panic was a while ago. This has been written in the stars for the past 12 months. Players aren't going to want to come to a club with no secure ownership, potentially a points deduction hanging over their head, with little to no players - IF they have other options on the table. 

We will sign players, we will have a team for the first game of the season, but I always said that I would imagine that all our work will go into the final 2 weeks before the season starts. I'd imagine a lot of them will be loan players to just keep the club ticking on without any long-term commitment. We face a mountainous task to even remain a Championship club. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

The time to panic was a while ago. This has been written in the stars for the past 12 months. Players aren't going to want to come to a club with no secure ownership, potentially a points deduction hanging over their head, with little to no players - IF they have other options on the table. 

We will sign players, we will have a team for the first game of the season, but I always said that I would imagine that all our work will go into the final 2 weeks before the season starts. I'd imagine a lot of them will be loan players to just keep the club ticking on without any long-term commitment. We face a mountainous task to even remain a Championship club. 

Agree 

the worrying thing too is that any player worth their salt will have been snapped up way before we’ve sorted ourselves out 

Mel Morris would be lucky to get a fiver for the club they way he has run it, while he tries to eek out as much money as possible he's sabotaging our chances of doing anything next season because we will be getting all the last minute panic buy signings after the season has started like last year. 

If we can't get a new owner I hope he invests some more money into the team to atleast make the team competitive or we'll be favourites to go down. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Mel Morris would be lucky to get a fiver for the club they way he has run it, while he tries to eek out as much money as possible he's sabotaging our chances of doing anything next season because we will be getting all the last minute panic buy signings after the season has started like last year. 

If we can't get a new owner I hope he invests some more money into the team to atleast make the team competitive or we'll be favourites to go down. 

Really ? I can tell you that Mel isn’t trying to eek any money out of Derby that he didn’t put there in the first place. For sure he spent badly but the background to that and the failings of others explain it far more than berating someone who has financially backed / underwritten this club solidly for 5 years. 

How with FFP / P+S regulations and the club losing money do you propose the new owners realistically invest in the team 

If you can’t see that the youth policy was about keeping the club within those strictures then your reasoning and comprehension is dubious 

1 hour ago, jono said:

Really ? I can tell you that Mel isn’t trying to eek any money out of Derby that he didn’t put there in the first place. For sure he spent badly but the background to that and the failings of others explain it far more than berating someone who has financially backed / underwritten this club solidly for 5 years. 

How with FFP / P+S regulations and the club losing money do you propose the new owners realistically invest in the team 

If you can’t see that the youth policy was about keeping the club within those strictures then your reasoning and comprehension is dubious 

Rubbish, Mel can put more in, Mel is full of himself, i been through this many times now, but we have 13 senior pros on the books, and the youth policy was used as Mel knew he had made so many mistakes, and did not want to put any more money in  Derby problems do fall on  Mel decision making, make no mistake about that. 

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

Rubbish, Mel can put more in, Mel is full of himself, i been through this many times now, but we have 13 senior pros on the books, and the youth policy was used as Mel knew he had made so many mistakes, and did not want to put any more money in  Derby problems do fall on  Mel decision making, make no mistake about that. 

The only rubbish is the assumption that when your decisions don’t work out, and the game isn’t working for you. The you should keep paying and playing. Why ? .. so he has to keep funding our club because you say so ? Or if he doesn’t he’s not a proper fan ? You’ve got to be realistic surely ?

13 hours ago, jono said:

The only rubbish is the assumption that when your decisions don’t work out, and the game isn’t working for you. The you should keep paying and playing. Why ? .. so he has to keep funding our club because you say so ? Or if he doesn’t he’s not a proper fan ? You’ve got to be realistic surely ?

So your happy with Derby Fan Mel taking us to the brink of disaster, i know i am not, the sooner the club is sold and Mel has gone, the sooner US fans get our club back. 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

If it isn't sorted by the end of the month, then things start to look bleak. Obviously things aren't great now, but they are recoverable at the minute. the clock of doom is ticking though. 

Stop winding it up then! ?

3 hours ago, Derby blood said:

So your happy with Derby Fan Mel taking us to the brink of disaster, i know i am not, the sooner the club is sold and Mel has gone, the sooner US fans get our club back. 

Of course I am not happy but we are where we are because of the way football at this level is structured. Mel has made mistakes, he has been badly advised, risks he took didn’t pay off but he individually hasn’t taken us to the brink. There is a whole big story full of reasons and they don’t all come from Mel who has poured a fortune in to this club and compared to many has played a straight bat against a lot of dodgy bowling 

1 hour ago, jono said:

Of course I am not happy but we are where we are because of the way football at this level is structured. Mel has made mistakes, he has been badly advised, risks he took didn’t pay off but he individually hasn’t taken us to the brink. There is a whole big story full of reasons and they don’t all come from Mel who has poured a fortune in to this club and compared to many has played a straight bat against a lot of dodgy bowling 

In my opinion your post is way of the mark, Mel plays with a straight bat, lol, are u related to Mel, sorry but Mel has to take the blame, he employed the managers, he was the owner , so should have been aware what was going on at the club he has made more mistakes than any other chairmen i can remember and he is a so called fan, the sooner he is gone the better. Enough said now, we all know my opinion on Mel, and as u can see its not a good one, as being the chairmen of Derby County. 

4 hours ago, Derby blood said:

In my opinion your post is way of the mark, Mel plays with a straight bat, lol, are u related to Mel, sorry but Mel has to take the blame, he employed the managers, he was the owner , so should have been aware what was going on at the club he has made more mistakes than any other chairmen i can remember and he is a so called fan, the sooner he is gone the better. Enough said now, we all know my opinion on Mel, and as u can see its not a good one, as being the chairmen of Derby County. 

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. You can have the best of leaders and financial backers but if the dice are weighted and luck goes against you then poo happens but I will never fault Mel for his good will and positive intent. 

?