When do we start to panic?

Malty

19 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

If Rooney walks.

Even though I don't want him at the club, the fact he is still here indicates things are progressing on the takeover front & that the news on the penalty (the severity of which I'm certain the club will be aware of) isn't as bad as first feared.

Rooney is an unashamed careerist & there's no way he would stay if a) there were no funds to bring in players/was going to lose players and/or b) a substantial penalty incoming. Too much potential damage to his brand and ambition & he's already got a ready made narrative of 'keeping us up'. His media pals will do their duty talking up his stint & protesting we're an impossible job.

I think you're reading to much into it. He kept saying he'd stay with us regardless of what division we were in this season as well. This new takeover could easily go the wsy of alk the others and Rooney would be none the wiser

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I think you're reading to much into it. He kept saying he'd stay with us regardless of what division we were in this season as well. This new takeover could easily go the wsy of alk the others and Rooney would be none the wiser

A Viking based consortium ??????

19 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

If Rooney walks.

Even though I don't want him at the club, the fact he is still here indicates things are progressing on the takeover front & that the news on the penalty (the severity of which I'm certain the club will be aware of) isn't as bad as first feared.

He probably will walk, he's just not in a massive rush and enjoying the Euros. Why do anything prematurely ?

Anyone seen the DCFC website? They have put a news flash out suggesting when the fixtures will be out. On it they have specifically listed championship clubs, including the rams.

This is interesting as the efl don’t seem to have the same news on their website. 

This suggests that either Derby are confident that they are staying up or Derby are publishing to their fans that they are in the championship and will be “hugely surprised” if this isn’t the case after the panel decision and resultant punishment.

For me, at least, one reason not to panic just yet. 

we will at least have another season in the championship. (Cue Sarcastic Whoop).

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/06/202122-fixture-release-day-24th-june-2021

Edited by Malty

4 minutes ago, Malty said:

Anyone seen the DCFC website? They have put a news flash out suggesting when the fixtures will be out. On it they have specifically listed championship clubs, including the rams.

This is interesting as the efl don’t seem to have the same news on their website. 

This suggests that either Derby are confident that they are staying up or Derby are publishing to their fans that they are in the championship and will be “hugely surprised” if this isn’t the case after the panel decision and resultant punishment.

For me, at least, one reason not to panic just yet. 

we will at least have another season in the championship. (Cue Sarcastic Whoop).

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/06/202122-fixture-release-day-24th-june-2021

Not sure anyone was panicking in terms of any punishment relegating us this season….

21 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

If Rooney walks.

Rooney is an unashamed careerist & there's no way he would stay if a) there were no funds to bring in players/was going to lose players and/or b) a substantial penalty incoming. Too much potential damage to his brand and ambition & he's already got a ready made narrative of 'keeping us up'. His media pals will do their duty talking up his stint & protesting we're an impossible job.

Don’t think Rooney is in a strong position. The football community thinks that so far he’ s struggling as a manager - so where is he going to walk to ? And I don’t think punditry is likely to be his thing

But if he does turn it around next season, he’ll be feeling good about Derby, and many of the fans who are now against him will give him a second go. So I’m not sure he’ll be out the door at the first opportunity 

all quite dependent on the long awaited new owners of course and their relationship with him. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think Rooney is in a strong position. The football community thinks that so far he’ s struggling as a manager - so where is he going to walk to ? And I don’t think punditry is likely to be his thing

Which football community?! Most of the media believe he's been sold a pig in a poke. All the take-over nonsense is there for all to see. They see he kept us up.