When do we start to panic?

Malty

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm on a walk, I'm 20 minutes from home in a built up area, I desperately need the loo and there is a very good chance I dont make it home, I've just logged into this thread to see if there is any guidance on when it is time to panic.

Call into your mates for a p*** and see if they’ve got any takeover updates ??

On 21/06/2021 at 19:06, Malty said:

Anyone seen the DCFC website? They have put a news flash out suggesting when the fixtures will be out. On it they have specifically listed championship clubs, including the rams.

This is interesting as the efl don’t seem to have the same news on their website. 

This suggests that either Derby are confident that they are staying up or Derby are publishing to their fans that they are in the championship and will be “hugely surprised” if this isn’t the case after the panel decision and resultant punishment.

For me, at least, one reason not to panic just yet. 

we will at least have another season in the championship. (Cue Sarcastic Whoop).

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/06/202122-fixture-release-day-24th-june-2021

I just knew there was something funny about this announcement from DCFC. 

Now, with the announcement from the EFL this morning we know why DCFC released this statement earlier this week. Cue the “we have been planning for another season in the championship” response from DCFC this morning. 

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm on a walk, I'm 20 minutes from home in a built up area, I desperately need the loo and there is a very good chance I dont make it home, I've just logged into this thread to see if there is any guidance on when it is time to panic.

The first part just gets you in touch with your feminine side if you could just delete the "in a built up area" bit

On 20/06/2021 at 23:13, LeedsCityRam said:

If Rooney walks.

Even though I don't want him at the club, the fact he is still here indicates things are progressing on the takeover front & that the news on the penalty (the severity of which I'm certain the club will be aware of) isn't as bad as first feared.

Rooney is an unashamed careerist & there's no way he would stay if a) there were no funds to bring in players/was going to lose players and/or b) a substantial penalty incoming. Too much potential damage to his brand and ambition & he's already got a ready made narrative of 'keeping us up'. His media pals will do their duty talking up his stint & protesting we're an impossible job.

Looking a bit too insightful for comfort at this point.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Malty said:

Seriously though … when do we start to panic about no new signings?!!

I’m saying this part out of superstition that as soon as I say it we will sign someone … anyone!!!

The thing to do, apparently,is to keep moving the goalposts re signings so you are never disappointed....last week,next week,next month etc.

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. 11pm (or is it midnight?) 31st August is when to panic if we've signed no-one. ?

It's probably 11pm but the club will say they thought it was midnight and that's why they failed to bring anyone in.

Either that or the EFL will change the time stamp on their fax machine so it looks as if we just missed the deadline.