Garry Cook

Ibby

13 hours ago, Oldben said:

Cook’s team will have to resolve the financial problems in advance and show they have funds to keep the EFL happy.

Rumour: the deals linked to cooks American consortium that offered 300 million for another club in 2018

50 mil for the club and 250 mil on players etc

simple

Gary Cook was appointed  at manchester City by Thaksin Shinawatra and was instrumental in bringing in Sheikh Mansour’s money to buy the club, in poor financial shape at the time, for a figure around £150 m.

City parted company with Cook due to something he shouldn't have done.

2017: Gary cook with financial backers, acquired wigan. During his time at Latics they had serious financial problems and they were relegated to League One following a points deduction.

2018: Gary cook with financial backers attempted to buy Newcastle, that failed.

14 hours ago, TimRam said:

Would like to see more of her whoever she is....oh sorry, any decent amount of money put into the club would be good whoever does it.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that photo of Kerry Katona is writing cheques less likely to be cashed in reality than Erik Alonso is of dropping £35mill into your piggy bank. 

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

Gary Cook was appointed  at manchester City by Thaksin Shinawatra and was instrumental in bringing in Sheikh Mansour’s money to buy the club, in poor financial shape at the time, for a figure around £150 m.

2017: Gary cook with financial backers, acquired wigan. During his time at Latics they had serious financial problems and they were relegated to League One following a points deduction.

Oh for Christs sake, here we go again ?

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

Why can’t we do another Leicester? We have a bigger fan base not shared with the egg chasers.

We did try to do a Leicester, but our attempts to bypass ffp haven't been quite as successful. The major flaw with our plan is that we're going to get punished whilst we're still in the championship rather than in the Prem like Leicester were.

37 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We did try to do a Leicester, but our attempts to bypass ffp haven't been quite as successful. The major flaw with our plan is that we're going to get punished whilst we're still in the championship rather than in the Prem like Leicester were.

My point was that we have the potential once in the premier league to do a Leicester. I know we’ve tried to get promoted like they did, but I’m saying any investors must see that it is possible to take a club like Derby and build something.

Not just get promotion and look to sell on like what happened the last time we got promoted.  

Gary Cook seems a very interesting character.

CEO of Nike, working with Michael Jordan to build the Nike Air Jordan brand.

CEO of Man City, signed some big players, almost signed Kaka, almost accidentally signed Messi. Was responsible for bringing in the investment which helped transform Man City into what they are now.

He publicly criticized Richard Dunne, publicly backed Thaksin Shinwatra a year before he was found guilty of various crimes.

He tried to induct Uwe Rosler into the Man City hall of fame but accidentally inducted him into the Man United one, he had to apologise in writing to 70 supporter groups.

He also accidentally sent an email meant for his mate to a footballers mother who was battling cancer mocking her. His resignation was accepted as a result.

Became involved with the UFC and then sacked during a shake up.

Attempts to buy Newcastle with some wealthy American backers for the tune of 350 million, which failed, unsurprisingly when Ashley is involved.

Gets Wigan taken over with Chinese backers which proved disastrous.

Apart from the Wigan thing, Cook seems someone who is good at his job in a business sense, but sometimes his mouth gets him into trouble. He is also prone to the odd disastrous gaff. 

He sounds an absolutely perfect fit for our rollercoaster of a club.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

He wants owners to be able to “support the club in the way they wish”. Meaning clubs with mega rich owners (like Stoke) can inject as much money as they like. So, I think it’s obvious why he wants to do it.

I'm hoping you understood the intense sarcasm in my post

13 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I hope roony be new brain clough for us now. His first job is trying build the back 3 or 4 organise into a unit and then try bring in good players to help young talent we do have in our youth system.

Yep, from those 35 games I too can see a bit of Brian Clough in Wazza B4........

10 hours ago, Oldben said:

Wigan didn’t have any points deductions while Garry Cook was at the club, and he’d been gone for 2 years when they had takeover that led to their administration so don’t think anyone can say he had any involvement with that.

17 hours ago, Boycie said:

To be honest, Leicester have been a breath of fresh air, and had stuck two fingers up at the supposed big 4 clubs.  Just like we did under Clough and MacKay.  Nobody thought it was possible in this day and age, but they showed the world what team work can do.

Good on them, I just hope we can attract a family as passionate as they did. 

I'd say Mel is (or was) very passionate, the only difference is when Leicester cheated the gamble paid off and when we did it (if we actually did) we we're unlucky. Leicester have been incredibly lucky on several occasions in recent years. If they got relegated in 14/15 they would be struggling in the Championship with there FFP problems.

It annoys the amount of praise Leicester's owners get. They don't own them just because they're such good people, they're main reason for owning them is just to use them as a form of sportswashing for Thailand. Just like Abu Dhabi use Man City 

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

I'd say Mel is (or was) very passionate, the only difference is when Leicester cheated the gamble paid off and when we did it (if we actually did) we we're unlucky. Leicester have been incredibly lucky on several occasions in recent years. If they got relegated in 14/15 they would be struggling in the Championship with there FFP problems.

It annoys the amount of praise Leicester's owners get. They don't own them just because they're such good people, they're main reason for owning them is just to use them as a form of sportswashing for Thailand. Just like Abu Dhabi use Man City 

If the owners were that good they would have repaid the local businesses inc St John’s Ambulance that got stiffed. Never even paid for the stadium they couldn’t afford . 

2 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Where did I say Mel isnt or wasn’t passionate? He’s gifted lots of things to the local community and the Royal Derby Hospital very similar to what the Leicester owners have.

Once again, my points been missed.

We ought to be a very good investment opportunity for someone to not only get us promotion as and when, but reach for the stars like Leicester have since done. 

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Where did I say Mel isnt or wasn’t passionate? He’s gifted lots of things to the local community and the Royal Derby Hospital very similar to what the Leicester owners have.

Once again, my points been missed.

We ought to be a very good investment opportunity for someone to not only get us promotion as and when, but reach for the stars like Leicester have since done. 

I wasn't trying to suggest you didn't think Mel was passionate, I was just disagreeing with your praise of Leicester and there owners. I agree with you other points.

I would actually rather have Mel (2014 Mel) as an owner than Leicester's, at least he actually wanted Derby specifically. Leicester could have been any club, they didn't care about there history etc. The main difference between the two is that they've been on the opposite ends of the luck spectrum. I think the long term aim of Leicester's owners are to improve Thai football and use Leicester as a way to funnel Thai players into the PL. I know I'm getting away from your point ? but it just really annoys me the constant fawning over them.

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

I wasn't trying to suggest you didn't think Mel was passionate, I was just disagreeing with your praise of Leicester and there owners. I agree with you other points.

I would actually rather have Mel (2014 Mel) as an owner than Leicester's, at least he actually wanted Derby specifically. Leicester could have been any club, they didn't care about there history etc. The main difference between the two is that they've been on the opposite ends of the luck spectrum. I think the long term aim of Leicester's owners are to improve Thai football and use Leicester as a way to funnel Thai players into the PL. I know I'm getting away from your point ? but it just really annoys me the constant fawning over them.

? I’m trying to say we could be bought by anyone ( with the means ) and win the prem with the right combination of players and management. We have the fan base, more if required. 

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

? I’m trying to say we could be bought by anyone ( with the means ) and win the prem with the right combination of players and management. We have the fan base, more if required. 

So, not anyone then? Don't you need a minimum of being on the Sunday Times rich list to even contemplate it?