Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Trevor Birch confirmed their plan is to remove parachute payments, pool the TV revenue with the Premier League in which the EFL get a 25% share. 

I say good luck getting the Premier League agreeing to such a thing. 

If they don’t agree I’d be going after our town to deal. Amazon YouTube Netflix and other streaming apps I’d be going after them. We do t have to follow in with the premier leagues tv deal let them negotiate there own deal. 

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The important bit is that it guarantees us getting through to January if Mel's £1.5m a month comment is to be believed

The £5m will not be able to be touched by the administrators for the club as it will go into ESCROW and will form part of the consideration if a deal is struck to purchase the club. it is basically a put your money where your mouth is statement and will rule out people like the Spanish school boy and the fake sheik

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

The problem with the GSE ownership is that it was unsustainable. With Glick in post they were trying to reduce wage costs to break even and we finished in the bottom half every season. Crowds were falling and there was no growth achieved in revenues. They were never able to break even and had to constantly put extra cash in.

When Rush came in he convinced them to loosen the purse strings a little. Nigel was able to bring in better players, which eventually led to the McLaren play off team. The losses were increasing even at this point though and most of GSE's investors wanted out.

I would hope that Appleby would return a little older and wiser. With the economics of the Championship, the only route to sustainability is promotion. OK, it might be a few years before it's an issue for us, but I do wonder if the best plan might be doing it in cycles? Two years of high spending to try to achieve promotion, followed by two years of cost cutting to create P&S headroom, for the next cycle. 

Hmm...I don't subscribe to the GSE love in either but they brought our debts to zero, paid off the mortgage on the stadium, and then made their push.

It ties into what Mel said on the radio recently about making a big play "1 season in 4/5" rather than every season.

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The only bargaining chip the EFL has, that they wouldn't have the bottle to threaten the PL with, is to turn off promotion & relegation from EFL to PL & PL to EFL.

Doing this would make 90% of PL games effectively dead rubbers, ruining the PL entertainment and lowering their broadcasting revenue.

The PL would soon come back with a fairer deal for all.

I'm not sure. I would say in 5 years the revenue taken by the Premier League will lean heavily from overseas funding, perhaps around 70%. We know that the overseas funding is due to the big 6, well, at least 80% of which. I don't think it's the relegation battle that brings that money in. 

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Hmm...I don't subscribe to the GSE love in either but they brought our debts to zero, paid off the mortgage on the stadium, and then made their push.

It ties into what Mel said on the radio recently about making a big play "1 season in 4/5" rather than every season.

So our only solution then is a mega rich owner who has the clubs interest at heart and is willing to stick around for 20-30 years, that or risk going bust.

It will be pure luck if we get one of those owners e.g. Leicester 

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Dont think they paid off the Mortgage , Mel did later if I recall correctly 

26 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The only bargaining chip the EFL has, that they wouldn't have the bottle to threaten the PL with, is to turn off promotion & relegation from EFL to PL & PL to EFL.

Doing this would make 90% of PL games effectively dead rubbers, ruining the PL entertainment and lowering their broadcasting revenue.

A lot of premier league teams would bite his hand off for that deal..they have been pushing for zero promotion or relegagtion for years sadly..

22 minutes ago, Tombo said:

That is factually incorrect, they had a charge and debenture over the club and a mortgage on the ground when they left, these were paid off by Morris (see companies house documents). I have no love for GSE they thought they could make a fast buck they spent nothing then bailed out, I think being owned by Private Equity or a wealth fund is not a good move other than to take us out of admin, they would buy the stadium it is true but then leverage it again to get some of their cash back. We need a wealthy individual(s) with a medium term 5 year plan and super deep pockets, I believe the USA will come to our aid, I still think David Tepper will bid as he now owns an MLS club  Charlotte FC and there are obvious synergies.

Edited by Charlotte Ram
their there

7 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

That is factually incorrect, they had a charge and debenture over the club and a mortgage on the ground when they left, these were paid off by Morris (see companies house documents). I have no love for GSE they thought they could make a fast buck they spent nothing then bailed out, I think being owned by Private Equity or a wealth fund is not a good move other than to take us out of admin, they would buy the stadium it is true but then leverage it again to get some of their cash back. We need a wealthy individual(s) with a medium term 5 year plan and super deep pockets, I believe the USA will come to our aid, I still think David Tepper will bid as he now owns an MLS club  Charlotte FC and there are obvious synergies.

Via Andalusian?

29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Clipperty Klopp complained about Burnley when the smaller clubs voted for 5 substitutes and not the 7 Klopp wanted.

So my guess is...and it's only a guess mind you is...The Premier League would say...go to hell and do it, The smaller clubs would vote for it in an instance as their revenue stream would be 100% guaranteed for life.

47 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Or let the big 6 press ahead with their notion of forming a Super League,their numbers made up by Championship clubs and called PL1, the championship renamed PL2 with promotion/relegation as it is now but with no parachute payments. The champions of PL1 then taking the place of the lowest English club in the Super League at the end of the season. Still something to play for in all divisions and an equal share of the pot for PL1 & 2, or am i talking out of my backside

50 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I don’t think that was the case. At no point were we debt free under GSE ownership. They had a loan of about £15m against the stadium and there was a significant overdraft facility. 

One thing I noticed: the short term loans that Jordan didn't push on that the administrators have acquired. Hosking immediately spoke of the club's fan base. Do we think that it's another wealthy supporter who has put his hand in their pocket to keep the club ticking on until we can find a buyer? 

I can't imagine many other actual loan providers too keen to pony up the money. It just made me think we may have a silent hero amongst us. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

One thing I noticed: the short term loans that Jordan didn't push on that the administrators have acquired. Hosking immediately spoke of the club's fan base. Do we think that it's another wealthy supporter who has put his hand in their pocket to keep the club ticking on until we can find a buyer? 

I can't imagine many other actual loan providers too keen to pony up the money. It just made me think we may have a silent hero amongst us. 

Wealthy or very wealthy LOCAL people have offered loans...or something very similar ?

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

George Clooney Yes GIF by Casamigos

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Would you lend money to an insolvant company?

It's quite possible a mysterious benefactor has provided the facility. Or perhaps the loan has gone to the administrator? Maybe Rammie was brought back to be used as collatral? He's locked in an attick somewhere in Chad until the loans are repaid?