Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Would you lend money to an insolvant company?

It's quite possible a mysterious benefactor has provided the facility. Or perhaps the loan has gone to the administrator? Maybe Rammie was brought back to be used as collatral? He's locked in an attick somewhere in Chad until the loans are repaid?

It will be MSD, they need the club to keep trading/playing until they get their money back they have security already so it is no bug deal to them

Maguire addressed Derby's recent appointment of administrators due to their financial difficulties, focusing on the club's debts.

In his words, “the estimates I've been provided range from low to mid-twenty [millions] of what is owed to the tax authorities.” 

Your football debts are valued at £10 million.

After paying the first £35 million, a quarter of the remaining obligations, estimated at £5 million to £10 million, must be paid.

“And finally Mel Morris. 

Mel Morris has now lent Derby County approximately £100 million. 

If he wants 25% of that, the administrators will have to sell Derby County for £60 million for a team in League One that

doesn't own its stadium. 

So where we are now is quite concerning.”

on top of which efl are looking to hit Derby with another load of points next year, when Derby are very likely to be in league one.

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Sorry don't understand, but if you are talking about the 12 year old with the Tik Tok apartment, no way

Tepper invests/owns in a company called Andalusian.

That firm was set up quite recently to invest in companies across a few sectors, including sports teams.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Andrew Hosking was on talksport this morning, followed by Trevor Birch.

Another decent listen.

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1632474000/1632475800/

Wow some of those financial numbers quoted by Simon Jordan are an indictment on the whole of football - looks like the Crouch review, legislation and a regulator will be the route out of this crazy situation 

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Tepper invests/owns in a company called Andalusian.

That firm was set up quite recently to invest in companies across a few sectors, including sports teams.

Yes good spot the critical thing for me is that Tom Glick is president not just of the NFL team but also the MLS team and as the former CEO of the Rams is ideally placed to give advice, I just checked out the fund and some info is as follows;

Total value in fund $800 million

Andalusian’s equity investments will range from $100 million to $500 million, said the person familiar with the firm’s plans. In addition to investing in the sports industry -- along with technology and media companies -- the firm has an affiliate called Andalusian Sports Partners, according to the filing. This company will provide sports-related advisory services and management services to “certain sports-focused investment funds.”

Meanwhile, Tepper’s sports interests have expanded since he became an NFL owner. He has been planning a new Panthers stadium and in 2019 Tepper agreed to pay a record $325 million to bring a major league soccer franchise to Charlotte. He was also among investors who helped Epic Games Inc., the company behind the blockbuster Fortnite game, raise $1.78 billion.

14 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Maguire addressed Derby's recent appointment of administrators due to their financial difficulties, focusing on the club's debts.

In his words, “the estimates I've been provided range from low to mid-twenty [millions] of what is owed to the tax authorities.” 

After paying the first £35 million, a quarter of the remaining obligations, estimated at £5 million to £10 million, must be paid.

“And finally Mel Morris. 

If he wants 25% of that, the administrators will have to sell Derby County for £60 million for a team in League One that

doesn't own its stadium. 

on top of which efl are looking to hit Derby with another load of points next year, when Derby are very likely to be in league one.

The administrators presumably have better information than maguire … and they are not so negative. I don’t think there is any likelihood  of points deduction next year.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The administrators presumably have better information than maguire … and they are not so negative. I don’t think there is any likelihood  of points deduction next year.

I don't think the EFL are looking to deduct us points next season as well. In fact I thought the EFL wanted the outstanding issues resolved promptly.

We might end up with deductions next season due to new issues surrounding P&S or the insovancy not yet uncovered, Investigated and charged (i.e. not yet existing as a potential thing) or the above are not resolved.

The notion that the EFL just want to punish us over multiple seasons "to serve us right" is frankly balls.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

18 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

There's definitely a good buyer already there and the possibility of an even better one coming in between now and when a decision will be made.

Between now and last Friday, I'm a much happier DCFC supporter. 

Well we need a take over with someone with money who can get rid of debts.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

“And finally Mel Morris. 

doesn't own its stadium. 

This was Mel's position March 16th, 2017.

One I can set straight though: There is no, nada, zero mortgage on the Stadium. This was settled by me at a cost of £9M last year. The only club debt is owed to me in the form of soft loans (virtually irrecoverable except maybe after 3 years of Champions League!!!!!).

It would seem odd to run up £100m pound of recoverable loans since then.

7 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Are you on such an anti-Morris roll that your blinkers stop you seeing the bigger picture?

I'm not blaming the EFL - I'm stating that by not giving us the additional 'monet to save clubs from Covid' funding (while giving it to all of the other Championship clubs), we've been made into an exceptional case - and that provides a solid argument against the 12-point deduction for going into admin.

A lot of people on here have been saying we can't claim exceptional reasons to avoid the 12 point deduction as other clubs have been able to survive - but by denying us the funding (and there's a very good case to say they were right to do that due to the P&S issues we were having) and then also giving us a points deduction when that decision tipped us over the edge into administration, they've effectively penalised us twice (and that's ignoring the embargo shenanigans preventing us from extending contracts and therefore losing players on the cheap).

Whoever ultimately is to blame (and neither Mel or the EFL are blameless) the funding decision was a contrbutory factor in pushing us over the edge - that should at least lessen the points punishment if not negate it completely....

Is it within the remit of the administrators to bargain with the EFL now that Mel has gone?

19 minutes ago, Rev said:

This was Mel's position March 16th, 2017.

One I can set straight though: There is no, nada, zero mortgage on the Stadium. This was settled by me at a cost of £9M last year. The only club debt is owed to me in the form of soft loans (virtually irrecoverable except maybe after 3 years of Champions League!!!!!).

It would seem odd to run up £100m pound of recoverable loans since then.

I haven't accepted the offer of a free ticket...but I will make an exception for you.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes, i think as they are now running the club.

Simon Jordan asked them that directly and they weren't especially convincing. Felt more like they hope for goodwill than hardballing.

Trevor Birch didn't offer a lot of hope.  Definitely points coming, whether they can get another 3 points off the 9 suspended is possible maybe.. but the EFL definitely seem emboldened by Mel departing the scene and whilst they are pretending to be magnanimous they are sensing they are pushing against an open door (another Jordan-ism).

Edited by Chester40