Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

8 hours ago, curb said:

That’s kicking the can down the road, next seasons income would be significantly reduced.

I realise that, but I'm sure that potential new owners would prefer to have 3 points less punishment and have to invest a couple of million more or pay a couple of million less for the club.

It wouldn't affect the long term value of the club, other than to help by reducing punishments and therefore increasing the chance of avoiding relegation and also preventing job losses.

I'm sure that potential new owners who can't take over for a couple of months, would love to be able to put a couple of million of their investment into the club right now.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'll be amazed if they punish us quickly. They will be absolutely devastated if we manage to stay up so I expect them to prevaricate as long as possible so they can fit the points deduction to ensure relegation.

Its a pity the EFL aren't subject to FOI. I'd personally pay to see the communications between Steve Gibson and the lickspittles at the EFL.

Efl need to sort it out otherwise without clarity they will put off the new owners .

17 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Personally i dont want gse or rush , we have been there and done it ,lets not go back they have had there chance . Only if there is no other option would i go with this . 

On another note regarding vendetta and the efl , do some people not think radio Derby didnt push hard enough if there isnt a vendetta to explain why no accountant on the 2nd sitting . He didnt truly explain that properly at all . Seemed to me to give a half blustered reply and radio Derby didnt press it again .Personally thought they were able to pass that off to easily .For me it still has not been properly explaind . To add fuel to fire its obvious gibson is pushing buttons in the fact he is now trying to sue Derby . Is there nothing we can do to complain to authorities to bring this to light . Newspapers seem scared to even report it . 

Has radio Derby approached Mr Gibson for an interview so he can explain his actions and why the constant attack .Surely if he is whiter than white we might understand the man rather than think he is just a petty chairman that has a beef and cant let things go .

Ed Dawes has just whined with a wobbly ‘I’m about to cry’ voice through this. I knew his interview with the EFL would be pretty useless. The bloke said ‘before my time’ a number of times and Dawes never challenged him 

17 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

it depends if you want boom and bust, the boom of Mel's spending was exciting but its not nice when it ends 

Totally agree , but im not sure our fans after 2 seasons pass by will be happy with signing low cost players and mid table finishes . This now coukd take quite awhile unless were incredibly lucky to get a championship promotion squad together . I dont think the enormity of it all has hit home with most fans yet . 

Infact i think once new owners are in place there going to expecting fireworks, hopefully for most now reality has hit home .

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

Yes they stabilised the club, the EFL would like them, they are a steady hand, I also liked Glick when he was here, he even knew how to say 'Darby' and not 'Deerby' when he left. I have fond memories of these guys.

They only became truly appreciated between October 2013 and February 2015. I seem to recall allot of "Slick Glick" and "get the Yanks out" comments. Even if they came back, it wouldn't be long before a certain section of the fanbase started to resent them. But they'd be good custodians imo. 

30 minutes ago, Crewton said:

They only became truly appreciated between October 2013 and February 2015. I seem to recall allot of "Slick Glick" and "get the Yanks out" comments. Even if they came back, it wouldn't be long before a certain section of the fanbase started to resent them. But they'd be good custodians imo. 

Think I'm inclined to agree with that sentiment.

Edited by Sheff Ram

31 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Totally agree , but im not sure our fans after 2 seasons pass by will be happy with signing low cost players and mid table finishes . This now coukd take quite awhile unless were incredibly lucky to get a championship promotion squad together . I dont think the enormity of it all has hit home with most fans yet . 

Infact i think once new owners are in place there going to expecting fireworks, hopefully for most now reality has hit home .

To be honest, if we still have our beloved club to support in Div I at Pride Park next season I'll be happy.

Edited by Sheff Ram

13 hours ago, jono said:

It’s not. Derby were in a certain situation prior to Covid. If they can prove those circumstances were manageable but Covid was an unpredictable, unforeseen (force majeur ) spanner in the works then it fails comprehensively. Force majeur by definition is something you can’t predict for yourself in your particular circumstances.  Other club’s situations are irrelevant . E.G Derby had a financial recovery / trading plan plan in place that assumed £ 10,000,000 ticket income. This was needed but it as also a conservative and reasonable assumption based on past history. Covid came along and the 10 mill became zero … That was unforseable force majeur. 

Other clubs had different situations, they might have had more padding that allowed them to avoid our situation but that doesn’t alter the force majeur as it affected us. 

Ironically the biggest point in our favour is that EFL rules prevented us from accessing the additional £8M+ funding that was provided to every other Championship club - thereby making the impact of Covid far greater on us than anyone else. A pretty strong argument and one the EFL would find difficult to provide a valid arguement against....

22 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Exactly my thoughts . 

Fans are still expecting a promo push either in league 1 or championship . I would think in league 1 we can possibly just . But in the championship to be a level based club living within their means there isnt a chance of a promotion push unless where incredibly good in buying in low value excellent players . 

What this has brought home to me is just how unfair the championship is i guess ive always known it but its taken Derby poss going under to properly understand it and for it to sink home . I do have a little bit of sympathy for Mel chasing the dream he has had to . But not at the expense of how he has now pulled out and left Derby possibly going bust .Even though i secretly think he knows a buyer is there for certain and thats why its been done . 

It's hard to say much on here without getting towards defamation. There's a huge irony that MM tried to remove Sam Rush on the basis of a 'lack of fiduciary duty'. 

By definition:

A fiduciary duty is a commitment to act in the best interests of another person or entity. Broadly speaking, a fiduciary duty is a duty of loyalty and a duty of care. That is, the fiduciary must act only in the best interests of a client or beneficiary. And, the fiduciary must act diligently in those interests.

also:

In November 2014 he was named FC Business Championship chief executive of the year. In October 2015, he signed a new five-year contract at Derby. Chairman Mel Morris stated: “Rush is a big reason for the turnaround in the football club and a main for reason for me having joined the club”.

and:

During his time at the club Derby reached the play-offs final in 2014 and the play-off semi-finals in 2016, and he was described by manager Steve McClaren as “the glue that holds the club together”.

Don't forget that it was Sam Rush who appointed Steve McClaren and could arguably be stated as the catalyst for our recent successes - 2014... 

If there's one thing that turns my stomach, it's the phrase "League of Gentleman". We were promoted in 2007 largely because of one man, working with modest funding.

Where's Mel's fiduciary duty? Did he think that's what he was doing sticking the club in Admin?  

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

As I understand it the 366 Group / GSE Europe introduce potential investors in football clubs to football clubs looking for new investors. 

The BBC are probably adding 2+2 and making 5.

Yes they wouldn’t be involved post sale, but will bring credible candidates who know what is required and what they are getting into.

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

One thing puzzles me .Do we want owners that just steady the ship ? . If i remember right unders gse didnt we use to moan alot about lack of funding and buying players , everything just became stale ? . Or do you want owners with pots of money who will prob gamble and again put us in the same pickle . The problem is as time goes by fickle fans forget and posts start appearing of nigel clough type football its boring , i would sooner us have a real go and go bust bar watch this drivel . 

It seems where caught on a double edged sword , hoping the fans now understand what we are in for .

I was very happy under GSE because the way the club was run was viable in the long term. If I remember correctly, they really had a big push to increase revenue in to the club. I think the big video screen was installed under their tenure increase advertising revenue, iPro stadium was embarrassing but I’m sure it brought in a fair amount of cash.

Im sure no investor coming in is going to magically pay off our debt, especially if they are looking to buy back the stadium and training ground. It’s going to be a long road back now but I would welcome someone who is going to come in, focus on making us commercially viable again, gradually pay off the debts and keep us competitive (even if that means another 10 years in the championship). 

if we have a good solid base and then all of a sudden 1-2 really good youth prospects come through or a really good lower league transfer (Jamie Vardy-esque), they could either push us on or be sold to finance a promotion push. Without parachute payments it is the only way we will ever get back to the prem. Having a sugar daddy come in and buy our way there just isn’t realistic.

35 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Ironically the biggest point in our favour is that EFL rules prevented us from accessing the additional £8M+ funding that was provided to every other Championship club - thereby making the impact of Covid far greater on us than anyone else. A pretty strong argument and one the EFL would find difficult to provide a valid arguement against....

The EFL rules didn't prevent us from accessing the additional money.MM's actions prevented us from accessing it.

8 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The EFL rules didn't prevent us from accessing the additional money.MM's actions prevented us from accessing it.

No - Mel's actions prevented us from meeting the criteria laid down in the rules.

However, the reason we didn't get the funding is a a moot point - the fact is that ALL of the other Championship clubs were provided with over £8M to help them deal with the effects of Covid. We didn't get that funding which made the impact of the pandemic far greater on us and therefore gives us a valid case to argue against the 12-point deduction.....

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I think this might or has to be different considering we have just gone into admin through wreckless spending. I want patience and sensible buys. If anyone moans about not spending money then they are just downright idiotic considering this is where we are now 

I’m hoping this whole situation will lead to fans having a reset in their expectations and demands about the club going forward.   We’ve nearly gone bust, we may yet still go bust although that’s now (for the moment anyway) thankfully looking less likely. 

First and foremost now above all else we need a club that lives within its means and is sustainable as much as it can be. If we buy players they have to be the right players. For those slating the academy, if we can keep it together it will really come to fruition in the next 2-3 years, Bird Buchanan Sibley Knight are all potential premier league players, Stretton Williams McDonald Ebosele Watson Thompson Brown all look excellent prospects and there’s probably others behind them that I have missed.

The academy needs to be the centre of what we do alongside sensible recruitment to a plan and a strategy. This is key any money we spend we have to do it with a view of making a return on that investment, this can only be done by data driven targeting of players with right attributes age and potential. We won’t make money in all cases we will lose money in some cases but with a clear plan and strategy behind signings we should have a net gain.

They also need to support a set style of play, giving us the chance to progress year on year and build success sustainably. Managerial recruitment also needs to be done on this basis, if we sack a manager we appoint another one who will follow the same plan . 

We need to move away from boom and bust, it might mean more seasons of mediocrity than success but at least wed have a club at a relatively high level in the pyramid. In the meantime, hopefully, the premier league will listen to the EFL and work with them under an independent regulator to reform the game and make it a more level playing field.

4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

No - Mel's actions prevented us from meeting the criteria laid down in the rules.

However, the reason we didn't get the funding is a a moot point - the fact is that ALL of the other Championship clubs were provided with over £8M to help them deal with the effects of Covid. We didn't get that funding which made the impact of the pandemic far greater on us and therefore gives us a valid case to argue against the 12-point deduction.....

It's not a moot point at all,we didn't get it because MM placed the club in a position were we didn't meet the criteria. Don't blame the EFL blame MM

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Ed Dawes has just whined with a wobbly ‘I’m about to cry’ voice through this. I knew his interview with the EFL would be pretty useless. The bloke said ‘before my time’ a number of times and Dawes never challenged him 

Our overspending was before his time, so by that logic shouldn’t we just forget the whole points deduction thing and get on with our lives!? It was a feeble excuse that should have been challenged.