Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'd love to see a month by month view of culminate hmrc debt.

There was no month by month build up I am sure that I heard that Mel found the bill under his pillow one morning and presumed the Tooth Fairy had left it. The Tooth fairy is diversifying so there’s a good chance it was her.?

6 minutes ago, dabber said:

Geesh in that bbc article our old friend Mr Rush is mentioned....

"Two of the six potential buyers are "substantial entities" who were previously in touch with Morris, who had been looking to sell the club since 2019, with four new interested parties.

The six are understood to include former Derby County owner Andy Appleby and chief executive Sam Rush, who are both part of the 366 Group"

I just noticed this little mention and was gonna post too. Didn’t listen to everything today so didn’t know if I’d missed something, searched the forum and came up with nowt too.

So Sam Rush was oft painted as the villain of the piece. With Mel’s mask well and truly slipping and the fact they settled with Sam out of court, does that mean he wasn’t actually the problem?

After the events of 3 amigos, ‘the Americans’ were treated with a lot of scepticism throughout but did a good job all in all and Appleby always came across well. Wouldn’t mind him back involved at all.

3 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

I just noticed this little mention and was gonna post too. Didn’t listen to everything today so didn’t know if I’d missed something, searched the forum and came up with nowt too.

So Sam Rush was oft painted as the villain of the piece. With Mel’s mask well and truly slipping and the fact they settled with Sam out of court, does that mean he wasn’t actually the problem?

After the events of 3 amigos, ‘the Americans’ were treated with a lot of scepticism throughout but did a good job all in all and Appleby always came across well. Wouldn’t mind him back involved at all.

humm....wasn't it Rush who signed us all those players he might have had a steak in, hence the fiduciary duty talk? I'm struggling to see Rush as a positive, although I always thought myself the settlement was as much "we'd both have to present things in court which we know will make us look bad, lets keep some of them behind closed doors" far more than either of them being totally right (or morally right).

Appleby always seemed professional, in fact GSE were very competant and professional throughout.

You missed the league of gentlemen in between the 3 amiegos and GSE - LoG, proto mel morris, but got to the prem and sold us in the prem.

22 minutes ago, dabber said:

"Two of the six potential buyers are "substantial entities" who were previously in touch with Morris, who had been looking to sell the club since 2019, with four new interested parties.

The six are understood to include former Derby County owner Andy Appleby and chief executive Sam Rush, who are both part of the 366 Group"

I think "substancial entity" could become forum talk for total tool.

As in, Mel Morris is clearly a substancial entity, known for his disharmony with substancial enity steve gibson.

39 minutes ago, dabber said:

366 Group Ltd changed their company name back in August to "General Sports Europe". The return of GSE?

5 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Rush was a total A hole,  remember Ipro anyone, I would welcome Glick back, who is a distinct possibility but not the other two

Met Rush at a pre season friendly at Port Vale a few years back. I felt dirty afterwards and would have looked outside if he said it was raining.

5 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I don’t want Derby to get Points deducted but ask yourself this, of all the 72 clubs why is it only Derby that Covid has driven into administration.

Remember that not all clubs took up or were eligible for the EFL loan.

I simply think its unlikely that Derby’s Challenge will be successful for the reasons I have previously given.

Can't compare Derby's loss of £20 million in revenue with the other 72 clubs, most of them lost nothing like that. Most of the bigger teams in the Championship had parachute money, or got Covid support money. We may be first into admin but we will not be the last.  

6 hours ago, Red_ram said:

Yes they stabilised the club, the EFL would like them, they are a steady hand, I also liked Glick when he was here, he even knew how to say 'Darby' and not 'Deerby' when he left. I have fond memories of these guys.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Can't compare Derby's loss of £20 million in revenue with the other 72 clubs, most of them lost nothing like that. Most of the bigger teams in the Championship had parachute money, or got Covid support money. We may be first into admin but we will not be the last.  

Thats what I think as well, the only difference might be (because our losses are minor compared with some others) is that we owe money to commercial enterprises and they owe it to their owner so pay little back.

We did get hit hard without the support money and the fact we had a bigger fanbase, and I can see Mel's point about parachute payments and smaller clubs lossing less. However the issue we have is servicing the debt and that is down to Mel and DCFC. Less debt more operating income left.

The decision making is also flawed, Keogh was always going to win a court case and I think treated badly and they should have known quickly if Rush should be sacked or not. This also cost money.

I think Mel is a true fan but very head strong and at DCFC made a number of rash decisions

11 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

I disagree. This season is far from done. The outcome inevitably will be relegation but it allows us @ 10 months to prepare for next season. We can offload players we don’t want or can’t afford. Blood players who will be needed next year and scout players who will be great in league one. We can build momentum and togetherness amongst fans and staff alike and hit league one with all guns blazing!!! This is probably the most important period in our recent history, far, far from done 

Phenomenal Post we need to keep thinking and acting along these lines. 

One thing puzzles me .Do we want owners that just steady the ship ? . If i remember right unders gse didnt we use to moan alot about lack of funding and buying players , everything just became stale ? . Or do you want owners with pots of money who will prob gamble and again put us in the same pickle . The problem is as time goes by fickle fans forget and posts start appearing of nigel clough type football its boring , i would sooner us have a real go and go bust bar watch this drivel . 

It seems where caught on a double edged sword , hoping the fans now understand what we are in for .

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

humm....wasn't it Rush who signed us all those players he might have had a steak in, hence the fiduciary duty talk? I'm struggling to see Rush as a positive, although I always thought myself the settlement was as much "we'd both have to present things in court which we know will make us look bad, lets keep some of them behind closed doors" far more than either of them being totally right (or morally right).

Appleby always seemed professional, in fact GSE were very competant and professional throughout.

You missed the league of gentlemen in between the 3 amiegos and GSE - LoG, proto mel morris, but got to the prem and sold us in the prem.

The Rush thing is strange. None of us know quite what happened and I doubt he was squeaky clean, but there are several questions which need answering before we can fully condemn him:

Why did Mel have to settle out of court and pay him compensation if he was such a villain?

If his dealings were so bad, why was this not noticed by the Chairman or the CFO?

Why did the wage bill rise significantly after he left?

If he is such a crook, why is Andy Appleby so keen to work with him again?

Personally, I have no idea either way, but I'm not sure we can condemn him purely on the words of Mel Morris.

10 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

One thing puzzles me .Do we want owners that just steady the ship ? . If i remember right unders gse didnt we use to moan alot about lack of funding and buying players , everything just became stale ? . Or do you want owners with pots of money who will prob gamble and again put us in the same pickle . The problem is as time goes by fickle fans forget and posts start appearing of nigel clough type football its boring , i would sooner us have a real go and go bust bar watch this drivel . 

It seems where caught on a double edged sword , hoping the fans now understand what we are in for .

Whilst i understand your standpoint, lets start with an owner who can save the club, steady the ship and football  is the main news topic. 

Personally i dont want gse or rush , we have been there and done it ,lets not go back they have had there chance . Only if there is no other option would i go with this . 

On another note regarding vendetta and the efl , do some people not think radio Derby didnt push hard enough if there isnt a vendetta to explain why no accountant on the 2nd sitting . He didnt truly explain that properly at all . Seemed to me to give a half blustered reply and radio Derby didnt press it again .Personally thought they were able to pass that off to easily .For me it still has not been properly explaind . To add fuel to fire its obvious gibson is pushing buttons in the fact he is now trying to sue Derby . Is there nothing we can do to complain to authorities to bring this to light . Newspapers seem scared to even report it . 

Has radio Derby approached Mr Gibson for an interview so he can explain his actions and why the constant attack .Surely if he is whiter than white we might understand the man rather than think he is just a petty chairman that has a beef and cant let things go .

Edited by NottsRammy

8 hours ago, Red_ram said:

After the interview with him not long ago (was linked on here but cant find) would totally expect Appleby to be behind/involved in a rescue bid although then I remember he said he wouldnt want to own us again. However perhaps faced with the seriousness of our situation he couldnt just stand by and let us go bust. Who knows perhaps administrators can cook up takeover by more than one interested party having investment spreading the debt coverage. Would prefer proper professional board than one strong character again if we can be picky! Mel always seemed to have strong views so wonder if he didnt look at takeover by certain people early on if he didnt like them!

20 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

it depends if you want boom and bust, the boom of Mel's spending was exciting but its not nice when it ends