Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

52 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

We've got a 12 point deduction due to going into administration. We are expecting a further points deduction from the financial fair play charges. 

The question is, when will the EFL impose this second points deduction? 

Will it be immediately after the charges are proved

Will the EFL wait to see where we look like finishing in the league before implementing the points deduction.

Or will they suspend the points penalty until next season, to prolong our punishment

There will be no proof of the charges. 

The administrators will be bullied in to it by the efl to placate Wycombe and Boro. 

They will release a vague press release and that'll be it and probably no transparency. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Stoke the most obvious one went they decide to look into their accounts (notably Covid impairment). Blackburn and Forest close.

Boro, Bournemouth and Watford probably next closest, but have significant leeway after seemingly making cutbacks/sales.

Watford still in the PL so their predicament won't affect our chances of staying up

Perhaps the administrators could offer next years season tickets at good prices, in order to get some quick funds in and so pay wages until new owners come in?

I think that many existing season ticket holders would be prepared to renew now at a discounted price, even with the knowledge of us likely being in league 1 next season.

3 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

I disagree. This season is far from done. The outcome inevitably will be relegation but it allows us @ 10 months to prepare for next season. We can offload players we don’t want or can’t afford. Blood players who will be needed next year and scout players who will be great in league one. We can build momentum and togetherness amongst fans and staff alike and hit league one with all guns blazing!!! This is probably the most important period in our recent history, far, far from done 

But if we get 6 points from the next 3 games would you think we have a chance even with another points deduction? 

That’s what football is all about and I for one won’t be giving up until it’s mathematically impossible. 

It could be something truly spectacular if we stay on the championship. Not unachievable though. 
For us to be able to pull off the spectacular, we need the takeover done and dusted by the January transfer window opening. 
Knight’s back, CKR is coming back, Bielik is comping back. Two huge players for Derby, and CKR to provide an upgrade on Baldock. 
We should be out of the hard embargo, able to strengthen the squad and if we’re going well then and the team is performing at top half levels then I’m sure Rooney will be able to pull a few strings and bring in some decent players on loan. 

10 minutes ago, tinman said:

It could be something truly spectacular if we stay on the championship. Not unachievable though. 
For us to be able to pull off the spectacular, we need the takeover done and dusted by the January transfer window opening. 
Knight’s back, CKR is coming back, Bielik is comping back. Two huge players for Derby, and CKR to provide an upgrade on Baldock. 
We should be out of the hard embargo, able to strengthen the squad and if we’re going well then and the team is performing at top half levels then I’m sure Rooney will be able to pull a few strings and bring in some decent players on loan. 

I like your optimism ????

Morris has done some interview with something called off the pitch .

Morris says buyers circle the club wouldn’t do a deal until a “critical event” unleashed interest.

He confirms tax liabilities of at least £27 million and former manager Philip Cocu owed £500,000.

Says ownership of stadium won’t stand in way of deal with variety of options possible.

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If EFL want to ENSURE we are relegated they will need to do it this season. Assuming we carry on current form it will be close.

I'll be amazed if they punish us quickly. They will be absolutely devastated if we manage to stay up so I expect them to prevaricate as long as possible so they can fit the points deduction to ensure relegation.

Its a pity the EFL aren't subject to FOI. I'd personally pay to see the communications between Steve Gibson and the lickspittles at the EFL.

17 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Morris has done some interview with something called off the pitch .

Morris says buyers circle the club wouldn’t do a deal until a “critical event” unleashed interest.

He confirms tax liabilities of at least £27 million and former manager Philip Cocu owed £500,000.

Says ownership of stadium won’t stand in way of deal with variety of options possible.

I'd love to see a month by month view of culminate hmrc debt.

57 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Perhaps the administrators could offer next years season tickets at good prices, in order to get some quick funds in and so pay wages until new owners come in?

I think that many existing season ticket holders would be prepared to renew now at a discounted price, even with the knowledge of us likely being in league 1 next season.

That’s kicking the can down the road, next seasons income would be significantly reduced.

Geesh in that bbc article our old friend Mr Rush is mentioned....

"Two of the six potential buyers are "substantial entities" who were previously in touch with Morris, who had been looking to sell the club since 2019, with four new interested parties.

The six are understood to include former Derby County owner Andy Appleby and chief executive Sam Rush, who are both part of the 366 Group"