Jozwiak

vonwright

Joz looks good for Poland against the likes of San Marino. Part timers that wouldn’t survive in div 2 . When they play a decent team the 1st rule is - Don’t give the ball away. How many times does Kamil get space in front of him , only to turn round and pass the ball backwards. He has to get more direct and don’t worry if he loses it now and again.

As a winger you should be getting 15-20 clear assists and scoring 8-10 goals per season.  You should make the full back hesitant to go forward very often.  If your not doing that, your not contributing what's required.  

If we had more options, he wouldn't be getting games.

Don't know if he's not settled or just not great but time to move along when we can start trading again.

Looks like he's in an awkward part of his career. Can't decide whether he's an attacking winger or a wing back. If we had any decent depth he wouldn't be close to starting at the moment. Good work ethic, great pace without the ball. Lacks quality in the final third. 

23 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Or you could just mark the thread 'read', move on and let others read and post as they wish? You know, kinda like one of those forum things...

Could do. Not much to debate though really is there? 52 games, 1 goal + 2 assists for an attacking player says everything doesn’t it? 

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

FTFY ?

Good point, but the thread didn’t close after my extremely forceful demand. So if you can’t beat them join them.

18 hours ago, minesahartington said:

Festy did all the things that Joz is supposed to do in the short time he was on the pitch. Festy is twice the player joz is and some!

He's not been great but that is a little simplistic. The game had changed by the time Festy came on. 

The problem for Sibley and Jozwiak is they are constantly receiving the ball with back to goal and under pressure or they are chasing punts upfield. Both thrive on having ball to feet, facing goal. 

Edited by sage

On 31/10/2021 at 18:25, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As a winger you should be getting 15-20 clear assists and scoring 8-10 goals per season

You're expecting WAY too much from our wingers then. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

In the past 8 seasons, only 3 players have done that. Ritchie (14/15), Buendia (20/21) and Pereira (19/20).

Buendia was just sold for £40m.

3 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

You're expecting WAY too much from our wingers then. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

In the past 8 seasons, only 3 players have done that. Ritchie (14/15), Buendia (20/21) and Pereira (19/20).

Why do we insist on buying and playing them then? 433 is a busted flush unless you have real quality as wide players. 

48 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Why do we insist on buying and playing them then? 433 is a busted flush unless you have real quality as wide players. 

8-10 assists is a good season for a winger in the championship. We don't really play 433 and our wingers don't necessarily play as wingers. How often do our wingers make overlapping runs? Hardly ever, they're always coming inside whilst our fullbacks make overalapping runs, so it's often our fullbacks getting the crosses in rather than our wingers. Also, we rarely ever put a cross in, so it's unlikely our wingers are going to get assists. As a team, we average 2 successful crosses a game, 2. Once Kazim is fully back I gather that will increase, but when you're playing with Stretton/Baldock/Lawrence as a striker, we can't be expecting our wingers to get an abundance of assists.

13 hours ago, Jubbs said:

You should get out more mate.  I would suggest digging through 8 years of wingers stats to call someone's opinion ridiculous is far more so.  Why 8 yrs, how about 10, 15 maybe.     Simpson did this regularly for Derby,  Players like Alan Judge did it for Brentford.  Both cost about 500 grand. Bradley Johnson go 16 goals for Norwich playing mostly out wide. 

I find you one of the rudest and most opinionated posters on here to be honest, every post has a dig . Lifes to short - ignore.

The ‘assist’ stat is one of footballs most pointless. How can you measure the value of something that is totally dependent on someone else performing after you’ve done your bit? No matter how perfectly you perform if someone else doesn’t put the ball in the net afterwards all your work doesn’t count ?‍♂️ 

Chances created is far more realistic and far more valuable when measuring someone’s creative ability.

10 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

The ‘assist’ stat is one of footballs most pointless. How can you measure the value of something that is totally dependent on someone else performing after you’ve done your bit? No matter how perfectly you perform if someone else doesn’t put the ball in the net afterwards all your work doesn’t count ?‍♂️ 

Chances created is far more realistic and far more valuable when measuring someone’s creative ability.

I agree we should use goals scored as the best metric for an attacking player. That’s 1 in 52 then.