Jozwiak

vonwright

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Alan Judge

Alan Judge got 3 goals in 14/15. 

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bradley Johnson go 16 goals for Norwich

But he got 2 assists.

You said wingers should be getting 8-10 goals AND 15-20 assists as season yet there's barely 1 player a season who gets 15 assists and half the time it isn't even a winger.  

10 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

The ‘assist’ stat is one of footballs most pointless. How can you measure the value of something that is totally dependent on someone else performing after you’ve done your bit? No matter how perfectly you perform if someone else doesn’t put the ball in the net afterwards all your work doesn’t count ?‍♂️ 

Chances created is far more realistic and far more valuable when measuring someone’s creative ability.

Chances created is okay, it's basically just a pass that ends in a shot. Best one readily available in the Championship is xA (expected assists) as it also measures the quality of the chance created. xT (expected threat) is also decent but it's not available for the Championship.

Our defence and spine of the midfield is good enough to get us out of this battle to stay up, obviously we need Bielik and Knight fit plus maybe a signing in January to help out our two aging CB’s.

The obvious problem is at the top of the pitch:

Morrison. Playing too deep at the moment.

Jozwiak. He’s not good enough, doesn’t score, create or even take on the full backs enough.

Sibley. In his defence I don’t think he’s a winger and he also doesn’t get a run of games but he hasn’t done enough.

Lawrence. Like Keogh he is Marmite amongst fans, for what he supposedly earns a week I think he’s been a poor signing and should be released in the summer. Davies should have the armband too.

Baldock. Needs must but we need a better striker, an absolute must in January.

Kazim. He’s done pretty well and gives us a much needed presence up front.

Playing Morrison, Jozwiak and Lawrence together is also a mistake in my opinion as they are ‘luxury’ players and don’t get in the trenches often enough. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Joz has been dropped by Poland. Cash has took his place at right wing back. They are losing at half time. 

Big rotation from Poland tonight. They’ve guaranteed a playoff place so lots of starters on bench (Lewa not even in squad) 

5 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Joz has been dropped by Poland. Cash has took his place at right wing back. They are losing at half time. 

I wouldn't say 'dropped' tbf. It's a largely meaningless match and it'll be a rotational switch rather than leaving him out for a poor performance in his previous game (a goal and an assist).

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Most probably, these admin have shown their true colours the last 2/3 weeks. 

You’re writing about them as if they are some kind of evil owner who’s only intention is to asset strip the club for their own ends. Not sure that is fair. 

Whether we like it or not, selling players might be the only way the club gets to survive. It also seems like things are changing on an almost daily basis with the finances. While I’d like a bit more communication from them about what’s happening, if selling Jozwiak, or anybody else, was the difference between having a club next season or not (even in League 1) then I’ll take it, frankly. 

6 minutes ago, LazloW said:

You’re writing about them as if they are some kind of evil owner who’s only intention is to asset strip the club for their own ends. Not sure that is fair. 

Whether we like it or not, selling players might be the only way the club gets to survive. It also seems like things are changing on an almost daily basis with the finances. While I’d like a bit more communication from them about what’s happening, if selling Jozwiak, or anybody else, was the difference between having a club next season or not (even in League 1) then I’ll take it, frankly. 

I don't think anyone sees them as evil and the majority of fans understand the need to sell to survive. I think the issue is the manner they go about it, seemingly not informing WR of their intentions. Irrespective of being in Admin the Admins still have a responsibility to inform the manager of any decisions which effect the playing staff. If this one is true we could have secured ongoing operability in March had WR not played him.