El DerbyCo

roboto

13 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Trevor Birch wasn’t involved then. Huge difference!

I was going to ask what's so special about Birch? I hope he's not another Sam "I always get my man" Rush.

11 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

There is a difference between the Wigan situation and ours... That is Trevor Birch who is now at the EFL and in charge of the test. 

Birch has facilitated quite a few successful takeovers of clubs Chelsea, Leeds and Swansea to name a few he is well versed in sorting out the good from the bad in these deals and is very meticulous. 

This is probably why it is taking sometime to approve or block the deal. I am not saying Birch could not get it wrong but his past history suggests he is a pretty good person to be judging this. 

But hopefully this is the answer.

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

Okay, I don't know what to believe on the latest Erik Alonso story, but I do know one thing - he is right that the only thing the club should be concentrating on today is the game tomorrow. 

However, it totally suits the Daily Mail agenda to run as much poo on us as possible to try to derail the club further.

Certainly "convenient" timing isn't it!

28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe the Daily Mail are in cahoots with the EFL to derail our hopes of survival (we’re quite capable of doing that without any outside influence) so, expect an announcement today that the EFL are charging us with something else/launching another investigation/have turned Alonso down.

P.s. Only kidding (I hope). I don’t really believe in conspiracy theories or think the whole world is determined to destroy Derby.

Except the EFL are now our only hope of not getting stuck with a chancer!

12 minutes ago, falconram said:

Who knows, cloak n dagger come to mind. I did think when it was all announced it was 50/50 with 32Red

I don't think that was announced? It was a sponsorship deal, the first one by them like this. But that was as a player surely? Can managers be sponsored?

I can't help but lose faith with all corners of DCFC at present. While I'm ignoring what the Daily Fail is saying to some extent, I can't say the number of bad articles isn't concerning. Would love to know why they appear to have a massive vendetta against the club, mind.

I can only hope that this stuff isn't accurate, and my thoughts are with the 'normal' people employed by DCFC in whatever form it may be. 

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except the EFL are now our only hope of not getting stuck with a chancer!

I'm not keen on him either but Percy's article is more worrying than anything in the Daily Mail.

So, maybe, we have no choice.

Rock and a hard place - and all that.

35 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I was going to ask what's so special about Birch? I hope he's not another Sam "I always get my man" Rush.

But hopefully this is the answer.

He was also involved in saving Portsmouth as well as being ex-Derby.  As football administrators go he’s one of the best and he’s overseeing this EFL approval. 

Do we have the full transcript of the Percy article? I agree it’s the most concerning. The Alonso deal will either happen or it won’t happen. The Percy article seems to talk about what next and infers that Mel will put us in administration if this deal doesn’t go through - which is something many of us including me thought was never going to happen as we trust Mel to do right by the club (regardless of any criticism of how he’s managed it). I still don’t believe he would, unless he has actually run out of money.

We need to focus on the game tomorrow but after the game we need some answers. If this thing drags on through the summer then we will only start next season on the back foot whichever division we’re in

14 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I can't help but lose faith with all corners of DCFC at present. While I'm ignoring what the Daily Fail is saying to some extent, I can't say the number of bad articles isn't concerning. Would love to know why they appear to have a massive vendetta against the club, mind.

I can only hope that this stuff isn't accurate, and my thoughts are with the 'normal' people employed by DCFC in whatever form it may be. 

Maybe they don’t have a vendetta, maybe the club is actually a mess. 

14 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'm not keen on him either but Percy's article is more worrying than anything in the Daily Mail.

So, maybe, we have no choice.

Rock and a hard place - and all that.

If we go with Eric we're more likely to be even less appealing if he runs out of money and puts us into admin, a la Wigan. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we go with Eric we're more likely to be even less appealing if he runs out of money and puts us into admin, a la Wigan. 

Agreed but, ignoring the Daily Mail, that's the outcome Percy is suggesting may happen without Alonso.

Worrying times.