El DerbyCo

roboto

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

So it appears he exaggerated the talks with Cardiff. Wonder what else he could have exaggerated...the funds available? The links to Calderon? This is all starting to feel very Sheikh Khaled to me. Loads of talks with other clubs but nothing actually came of them, possibly because they didn’t see him as viable. But Mel is so desperate to sell us that it seems he’ll accept literally any offer thrown his way, even if others wouldn’t go near them with a barge pole...

All will be revealed this week (if the EFL pull their finger out).

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

So it appears he exaggerated the talks with Cardiff. Wonder what else he could have exaggerated...the funds available? The links to Calderon? This is all starting to feel very Sheikh Khaled to me. Loads of talks with other clubs but nothing actually came of them, possibly because they didn’t see him as viable. But Mel is so desperate to sell us that it seems he’ll accept literally any offer thrown his way, even if others wouldn’t go near them with a barge pole...

What exaggeration ? All he said was that he has spoken to them which Cardiff confirmed. He made no other claim , never said he even entered into meaningful discussions .

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

What exaggeration ? All he said was that he has spoken to them which Cardiff confirmed. He made no other claim , never said he even entered into meaningful discussions .

Why mention it at all if it was so meaningless? Seems to me like he’s trying to brag about the approaches he’s made. I don’t trust his character one iota.

4 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Has Ramon Calderon said anything yet? At the minute, I don't know whether to even believe he's involved...

I have a hard time believing he’s going to be our club’s lawyer if he’s never practised English law. I hope it was just something that was lost in translation and he’s only going to be an advisor.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I have a hard time believing he’s going to be our club’s lawyer if he’s never practice English law. I hope it was just something that was lost in translation and he’s only going to be an advisor.

Let's hope. Plus, why would we want to lose our friendship with Nick De Marco? Especially if he gets us off this EFL appeal as well as all the other stuff he's done for us

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I have a hard time believing he’s going to be our club’s lawyer if he’s never practiced English law. I hope it was just something that was lost in translation and he’s only going to be an advisor.

I admit that part came across as "brag about knowing this guy".

Alonso for sure comes across as hustler rather than consumate professional. That of itself doesn't mean he's no good and having a professional manner has been part of the tricksters game for a long long time. We'll see.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I have a hard time believing he’s going to be our club’s lawyer if he’s never practised English law. I hope it was just something that was lost in translation and he’s only going to be an advisor.

Maybe he want's him to deal with overseas deals with players etc. Could be an asset if we are looking at the spanish Leagues. 

Just a theory, probably wrong ?

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As long as we only use Nick De Marco when it come to English Football Law then I'll happy.
I'll be happier still if we don't need him again.

Whats all this rubbish about that alonso has spoken to cardiff , he did speak to them they have confirmed that but never got into serious discussions . So the bloke is telling the absolute truth .

Im getting sick of this . It looks like to me we have finally got someone young and vibrant taking over the club and alot of people are jealous , and a few Derby fans are irrritated as well as they dont have an excuse to moan .There seems to be a campaign to make this bloke look bad . Jealousy springs to mind to me . 

The bloke has done nothing wrong at all so at the moment im fully behind him and find its bloody brilliant that it looks like we will have funds again 

31 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Whats all this rubbish about that alonso has spoken to cardiff , he did speak to them they have confirmed that but never got into serious discussions . So the bloke is telling the absolute truth .

Im getting sick of this . It looks like to me we have finally got someone young and vibrant taking over the club and alot of people are jealous , and a few Derby fans are irrritated as well as they dont have an excuse to moan .There seems to be a campaign to make this bloke look bad . Jealousy springs to mind to me . 

The bloke has done nothing wrong at all so at the moment im fully behind him and find its bloody brilliant that it looks like we will have funds again 

I was worried about just how much involvement he had with Vox which he has since clarified in his interview with Chris Coles - albeit a dubious clarification - but for now he's got the green light from me and I'm pretty important don't you know.

52 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

One person's jealously/irritation/excuses to moan is another person asking legitimate questions about both the experience of the new owner and where the funds are coming from.

I think there are more than enough examples that just "trusting that everything will be fine" is not the best approach.

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

One person's jealously/irritation/excuses to moan is another person asking legitimate questions about both the experience of the new owner and where the funds are coming from.

I think there are more than enough examples that just "trusting that everything will be fine" is not the best approach.

There are legitimate questions which is fine and understandable. I would hope that we all have them , then there is making mountains out of mole hills like the Cardiff thing. Must be a balance between the two ? 

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

I really don't think anyone is jealous. I think most people are watching and waiting for it to go wrong to laugh at us. I honestly don't think anyone thinks this is a good thing, in the same way that no people other than a few overexcited fans got any good feelings from the sheikhy sheikh coming in.