El DerbyCo

roboto

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

I really don't think anyone is jealous. I think most people are watching and waiting for it to go wrong to laugh at us. I honestly don't think anyone thinks this is a good thing, in the same way that no people other than a few overexcited fans got any good feelings from the sheikhy sheikh coming in.

1. There's definitely at least 1 person who thinks this is a good thing.

2. There were more than just a few who thought the sheikh was a good thing

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

1. There's definitely at least 1 person who thinks this is a good thing.

2. There were more than just a few who thought the sheikh was a good thing

Any of them not Derby fans?

Were you genuinely jealous when Fatwaz took over the trees?

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I bet his family remember the tonking Real Madrid got when they came to our little stadium in the days of black n white.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Probably recollect more the tonking they gave us back at their place...

I remember a few years back when Real Madrid needed a huge recovery, that tie was used as the best ever example of them turning it around.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

At least this guy understands football/has a proper football background.

He wants to see us do well and I think most of this current media talk is just signs of his exuberance. 

And at least things are on the move again after stagnating so long with Mel.

#COYR

I always like to be optimistic and will wait to see if the funds come through and the EFL tests are passed. If he has the funds to buy the club and guarantee to be able to fund it for 2 years fair enough , if not then it will be known very soon. 
If he has funds then hopefully they are from legit sources.  I would be seriously worried if not , unlike fans of a neighbouring club , where there are unanswered questions as to the source of that money and don’t seem to care as long as they can continue to collect ageing players in large wages. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I have a hard time believing he’s going to be our club’s lawyer if he’s never practised English law. I hope it was just something that was lost in translation and he’s only going to be an advisor.

Don't think we have automatic mutual recognition of qualifications anymore in a post brexit world. Thats what the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries have been saying to us all, so unless tha law society have a deal with the Spanish one he's barred....(pun intended) ?

13 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I really don't think anyone is jealous. I think most people are watching and waiting for it to go wrong to laugh at us. I honestly don't think anyone thinks this is a good thing, in the same way that no people other than a few overexcited fans got any good feelings from the sheikhy sheikh coming in.

I agree, I doubt many, if any, fans of other clubs are jealous. Even if “it doesn’t go wrong” I suspect most (including Derby fans) really don’t expect the takeover to turn us into any where near a force in the premier league.

As for whether Derby fans think it’s a good thing, I can obviously only speak for myself. If it goes ahead I don’t necessarily see it being a bad thing. If it falls through we’ll remain in a delicate state of limbo until another buyer is found. So, I’m (extremely) cautiously optimistic but I’m certainly not getting excited. If it happens - fine, let’s give the guy a chance and hope for the best. If it doesn’t happen then let’s wait for the next one to come along. At the end of the day, there is nothing we can do to influence the outcome so I’m not letting it stress me out one way or the other.