El DerbyCo

roboto

30 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

If this is 'no comment', what's he going to be like when he does comment?!

To be fair until it's all officially ratified, Alonso isn't the owner; the statement of 'we' on the official site doesn't actually specify who 'we' is - people have just assumed they're including Alonso in that.

If it had stated "neither party will be making any further comment" then fair cop

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Indeed, but we could of course cancel that lease if someone with no money takes us over...

Ah, right. I get your drift. So literally in the same situation as we currently are, where the owner doesn't want to go on losing money and so may cost cut?

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Who the bloody hell owns it then.  What's going on ? .  No wonder this bloke can buy us for two quid .  The only thing we own seems to be the old baseball ground doors at the Lionel Pickering entrance and Craig Forsyth. The doors are 1.99.

AADD56AE-AA89-4D63-AB46-A9CE89FEE474.jpeg

My main concern is actually where the funds are coming from. I said the same with BZI. When push comes to shove, where is the money?

In the Chris Coles interview on Radio Derby, Alonso said the finances are being provided by him. How wealthy can he be? I'm not convinced.

10 minutes ago, richinspain said:

AADD56AE-AA89-4D63-AB46-A9CE89FEE474.jpeg

I'm not really sure why any business would invest millions of pounds in state of the art facilities on land owned by a third party.  Obviously it can't be picked up and moved.  Perhaps it's a 99 year lease or something .  Even so it seems odd and considerably more expensive overall than utilising space elsewhere that's purchased outright even if it's paid off over a number of years.

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

My main concern is actually where the funds are coming from. I said the same with BZI. When push comes to shove, where is the money?

In the Chris Coles interview on Radio Derby, Alonso said the finances are being provided by him. How wealthy can he be? I'm not convinced.

This from a Sheff Wed fan who obviously had a gander last December when he was interested in them .

hmmm - a bit murky to be honest.

According to his Linked In he's worked as a marketing person for a bunch of companies - including Real Madrid to be fair, but he managed their events by the looks of it. Before that it's hotels etc. His CV screams employee/freelancer to be honest. It states he's the CEO of WBD Capital, but only has 2 employees listed, and the link to the company website doesn't work. Interestingly, he's listed as a majority shareholder of Muangthong United Football Club, a Thai football club. Finished a masters in sports management in 2018.

I dunno - assuming the LinkedIn is legit, he certainly doesn't fill me with confidence. I've met tons of 'startup bros' with delusions of grandeur. Might be wrong, but I get that vibe. Fingers crossed he's the 'face' to a larger family network. That's worked out well for us so far.

Is anyone else getting Michael Knighton vibes?

This deal will be at least £100 million if the stadium is included in the purchase.

If we accept that Alonso is a multi millionaire and under 30, surely someone in such a position would carry more of a profile? I hope he is the real deal but it does sound mysterious.

It seems to me the only way this will be viable is if he has backers lined up once the deal is complete.

Either that or the naming rights to the stadium are sold and he brings in new kit manufacturers and new shirt sponsors and so on.

Locko Estates is a new name. I would assume that that is Mel too? 
we will have to wait to find out for sure exactly what is and what is not included in the deal and whether the club has been asset stripped in return for writing off debts? 

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Is anyone else getting Michael Knighton vibes?

This deal will be at least £100 million if the stadium is included in the purchase.

If we accept that Alonso is a multi millionaire and under 30, surely someone in such a position would carry more of a profile? I hope he is the real deal but it does sound mysterious.

It seems to me the only way this will be viable is if he has backers lined up once the deal is complete.

Either that or the naming rights to the stadium are sold and he brings in new kit manufacturers and new shirt sponsors and so on.

Its got to be backers, there was rumours when he tried to buy Sheff Weds that there was businessmen from Thailand involved.

10 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Its got to be backers, there was rumours when he tried to buy Sheff Weds that there was businessmen from Thailand involved.

You would have thought so but in the interview with Chris Coles, he said it would just be him and that he has the wealth to fund the club. Although, he did say later down the line he may need to bring in external backers and sponsorships. All very mysterious anyway.

Edited by Rammy03

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Locko Estates is a new name. I would assume that that is Mel too? 
we will have to wait to find out for sure exactly what is and what is not included in the deal and whether the club has been asset stripped in return for writing off debts? 

Only been around about 270years. They own most of the land around Spondon and surrounding area.