Roos

IslandExile

There's a very good keeper in there somewhere, Consistancy is the key, For him to reach the potential Roos needs games, I've heavily crtisised him especially the Wembley game, The Fulham game away in midweek was his downfall a couple of seasons back.

But this past 2 years he's been able to improve greatly on his commanding of his 18 yard area, Crosses were his downfall, Now it would appear he's coming to terms on when to catch or know whether to punch.

Marshall also has a mistake in him, But then so have all keepers, I'd stick with Roos for now and see, A full house at PP tho could be his undoing ?‍♀️

4 hours ago, Coconut said:

There weren't many balls put in on top of him, into a crowded box with the close attentions of an opposition player and with a decision to be made.

There was a very good corner in the first half which went right under the bar, in a crowded 6-yard box, which he caught under a lot of pressure, not only by their players but also getting trapped by the Derby defenders.

There was also a good punch out in the second half which cleared the penalty box, as well as a good low down save at his near post as the ball dipped from a cross.

Roos looked very comfortable in everything he did last night and he looked confident. May it continue then we have two decent Championship goalkeepers.

15 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Shout out for Kelle...

Played well. Caught extremely well.

In very difficult conditions.

The boy done good ?

Best game for the Rams. I simply expected him to catch everything and save everything. His kicking was better. He inspired confidence in the toughest looking bunch of hombres we have ever had at the back.

15 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

There was a very good corner in the first half which went right under the bar, in a crowded 6-yard box, which he caught under a lot of pressure, not only by their players but also getting trapped by the Derby defenders.

There was also a good punch out in the second half which cleared the penalty box, as well as a good low down save at his near post as the ball dipped from a cross.

Roos looked very comfortable in everything he did last night and he looked confident. May it continue then we have two decent Championship goalkeepers.

Yep, hence me saying the majority of his work.

I certainly couldn't fault him yesterday, but none of those were situations you wouldn't expect your keeper to deal with pretty comfortably if he has ambitions to play at the top end of the Championship / lower Prem imo.

Edited by Coconut

When you look at some of the mistakes by the great and the good of the Premier League this season, I mean Pickford, De Gea Allison, Llorris  Schmeichel and the fella at Man City, can’t think of his name, he really isn’t as bad as some might have you believe and if he was as good as we all like, he’d be on the bench for somebody in the Premier League at least.

They drive you nuts sometimes but all goalies are only one game away from a howler, it comes with the territory.

He is ok. An unfortunate error at Wembley shouldn’t still be a cross to bear.

however i wouldn’t be opposed to one or both our keepers moving on.

Upto the play off final he had played well for us and claiming the ball wasn’t something he seemed to struggle at. In fact he seemed to play quite far off his line too to sweep up. 
The Villa goal happened and it must have played on his mind because it was on such a big stage. 
His confidence was shot so he made some mistakes early on last season, following this clubs took note and put loads of crosses on Roos every week to keep him unsettled.

It might be he’s got over that confidence issue, or might just be a one of game. 

12 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Upto the play off final he had played well for us and claiming the ball wasn’t something he seemed to struggle at. In fact he seemed to play quite far off his line too to sweep up. 
The Villa goal happened and it must have played on his mind because it was on such a big stage. 
His confidence was shot so he made some mistakes early on last season, following this clubs took note and put loads of crosses on Roos every week to keep him unsettled.

It might be he’s got over that confidence issue, or might just be a one of game. 

It didn’t just play on his mind , it was rammed down his throat week in week out by a large moronic section of our ‘supporters’ . He HAS to start over Marshall , because he is better than him ......imo ! ???

17 hours ago, James Pond said:

There's a very good keeper in there somewhere, Consistancy is the key, For him to reach the potential Roos needs games, I've heavily crtisised him especially the Wembley game, The Fulham game away in midweek was his downfall a couple of seasons back.

But this past 2 years he's been able to improve greatly on his commanding of his 18 yard area, Crosses were his downfall, Now it would appear he's coming to terms on when to catch or know whether to punch.

Marshall also has a mistake in him, But then so have all keepers, I'd stick with Roos for now and see, A full house at PP tho could be his undoing ?‍♀️

Improve greatly on commanding his area? When did this happen? Certainly not Cardiff away a few weeks ago he literally didn’t claim any cross all game.