Roos

IslandExile

Just now, Chris_Martin said:

Barnsley made the play offs with Bradley Collins in goal. 

Think your maybe not seeing the bigger picture if you think GK is a big problem for us. ?

When did I say it’s a big problem for us? I’ve literally just said that Roos is about the level of keeper we can expect? I didn’t say it’s the reason we’re going down? A little confused by your comment. 

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Marshall has chucked more in than Roos this season. 

Isn't that because Marshall has played more games. I can't remember many games Ross has played this season where he hasn't made a mistake in a game. Marshall is also better at commanding defenders. Nothing good rarely comes from changing keepers every few games. Changing keepers is almost as disrupting as changing a CB partnership.

Roos can take some blame for the first, he was too far back on his line. If he was 5 cm further forward it would've been a wonderful save. But how has Whittaker won a header against Clarke and Edmundson?

Can't blame him for the second at all. It's shocking tracking back from Lawrence, ball watching from Forsyth and a wonderful strike. 

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

When did I say it’s a big problem for us? I’ve literally just said that Roos is about the level of keeper we can expect? I didn’t say it’s the reason we’re going down? A little confused by your comment. 

Roos is better than Barnsley GK and they made play offs though

4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The problem with Roos is that his general play doesn’t give the defence any confidence - he’ll do something great and then follow it up with a howler. Good defences have a relatively consistent keeper - Roos terrifies me and seems to have the same effect on his team mates….

Exactly, It's not just the mistakes. His unpredictability affects the whole back four. 

4 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Roos can take some blame for the first, he was too far back on his line. If he was 5 cm further forward it would've been a wonderful save. But how has Whittaker won a header against Clarke and Edmundson?

Can't blame him for the second at all. It's shocking tracking back from Lawrence, ball watching from Forsyth and a wonderful strike. 

Already made this comment but i'll say it again. Playing 4-4-2 requires you to have good defensive wide men, so why on earth is Lawrence being asked to do this. Everyone knows Tom Lawrence's game is not about defending,  your just asking for trouble to expect it from him. Stupid tactics, it's Rooney's mistake not Lawrence's. 

Both goals down to Roos, particularly the second. Beaten at his near post, gets a soft hand to it. First he was too slow to it - that's according to Sky commo.

Need a new keeper neither is now consistent enough.

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Both goals down to Roos, particularly the second. Beaten at his near post, gets a soft hand to it. First he was too slow to it - that's according to Sky commo.

Need a new keeper neither is now consistent enough.

think there are other positions that need sorting more urgently than the GK to be honest.

What did you think to the substitutions @RoyMac5 ?????

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

think there are other positions that need sorting more urgently than the GK to be honest.

What did you think to the substitutions @RoyMac5 ?????

They smacked of inexperience? Joz wasn't fit for 90 mins, ok. But can't see why Waghorn stayed on nor Fozzy was on. Roberts has looked as 'lightweight' as Sibley. But to give Sibley only 10 minutes. Dunno. I guess it was working, and then it wasn't, which is where a thin bench doesn't help. Don't know if there was a lot of choice based on players past performances, only down to personal preferences I guess.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

Already made this comment but i'll say it again. Playing 4-4-2 requires you to have good defensive wide men, so why on earth is Lawrence being asked to do this. Everyone knows Tom Lawrence's game is not about defending,  your just asking for trouble to expect it from him. Stupid tactics, it's Rooney's mistake not Lawrence's. 

I know this wasn't what this topic was about but its not acceptable to just say its not part of his game. Lawrence is the single most frustrating Derby player I've possibly ever seen. You can see when he's on it going forwards he has so much talent to play at a higher level but its things like his attitude in thinking he's not part of the teams defensive efforts that make him a passenger when he's not on it going forwards and worse still a liability to the defensive cause. 

3 minutes ago, DCFCJim87 said:

I know this wasn't what this topic was about but its not acceptable to just say its not part of his game. Lawrence is the single most frustrating Derby player I've possibly ever seen. You can see when he's on it going forwards he has so much talent to play at a higher level but its things like his attitude in thinking he's not part of the teams defensive efforts that make him a passenger when he's not on it going forwards and worse still a liability to the defensive cause. 

he is still part of the defensive efforts, just that he should not be given such a crucial role as like today. Lots of teams have a player or 2 that are in the team for their attacking ability, and are not expected to contribute as much the other way. It's a managers job to find a system that suits his players, not force them into one that doesn't.