Roos

IslandExile

That goal from second half kick off is imprinted indelibly on my memory.

I stood in exactly the right place, heard the whistle, a shout of "Steve!" and saw the ball hurtling out of a clear blue sky above my head.

My fingers deflected the ball. Both hands stung like mad and the opposition cheered!

Is this what PTSD is like?

I wasn't offered counselling (or the match ball come to that!)

22 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

That goal from second half kick off is imprinted indelibly on my memory.

I stood in exactly the right place, heard the whistle, a shout of "Steve!" and saw the ball hurtling out of a clear blue sky above my head.

My fingers deflected the ball. Both hands stung like mad and the opposition cheered!

Is this what PTSD is like?

I wasn't offered counselling (or the match ball come to that!)

Eddy is that really you??!!! After that performance, it's no wonder you now call yourself Steve.

I knew your eyes were bad but the gym ceiling wasn't even blue. But that does explain why the ball went in if you were looking upwards as it rolled along the floor.

I think you also mistook the opposition laughter for cheering but anyhow.....

Good to hear from you bud.

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Eddy is that really you??!!! After that performance, it's no wonder you now call yourself Steve.

I knew your eyes were bad but the gym ceiling wasn't even blue. But that does explain why the ball went in if you were looking upwards as it rolled along the floor.

I think you also mistook the opposition laughter for cheering but anyhow.....

Good to hear from you bud.

¿Qué?

image.png

Edited by Brammie Steve

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Comforting to see that Roos has now reverted to type. At least there are some things you can rely on. 

View might have been blocked, seemed to see it late or maybe just a mistake....Marshall has made a few too. Strangely enough Roos didn’t have an awful lot to do other than take the ball out of his net twice...

Seen Roos get some flack for the 2nd last night, harsh as it's poor defending from Byrne who allowed him to cut in and get a shot off, whilst being in front so Roos saw it late. Would the same people give Marshall flack if he conceded the same goal? Don't think so.

8 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Seen Roos get some flack for the 2nd last night, harsh as it's poor defending from Byrne who allowed him to cut in and get a shot off, whilst being in front so Roos saw it late. Would the same people give Marshall flack if he conceded the same goal? Don't think so.

It's a goal you often see now, All the pundits and alot of supporters say you should not be conceding at your near post, I agree, But whether players are blocking or the ball is shot with much more precision ?‍♀️

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Blame Lawrence for the second.

1 minute ago, DCFClks said:

I actually think Marshall would have saved the second

more to the point, why is Tom Lawrence being asked to play on the left of a 4-4-2 which requires good defensive wide men. We all know defending is not what Lawrence is about so why, why, why, ask him to do it? Stupid tactics. 

The trouble is he is probably a lower end of the championship keeper and that’s what we are.

I prefer Marshall but he’s been out of sorts recently. We just don’t have the funds to have 2 strong goal keepers so if Marshall is having a bad spell, then Roos is as good as we get. 

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

The trouble is he is probably a lower end of the championship keeper and that’s what we are.

I prefer Marshall but he’s been out of sorts recently. We just don’t have the funds to have 2 strong goal keepers so if Marshall is having a bad spell, then Roos is as good as we get. 

Is Marshall really having that much of a bad spell? for every mistake he seems to do a worldie. Is his minutes/mistake ratio even worse than Roos's?

1 minute ago, DCFClks said:

Is Marshall really having that much of a bad spell? for every mistake he seems to do a worldie. Is his minutes/mistake ratio even worse than Roos's?

I’ve no idea if it’s worse than Roos, as I said I prefer Marshall. Marshall has definitely had a bad spell since he got that injury, before that he was unbelievable. 

4 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Barnsley made the play offs with Bradley Collins in goal. 

Think your maybe not seeing the bigger picture if you think GK is a big problem for us. ?

1 minute ago, Bad Sheep said:

That can only be based on blind faith rather than the evidence from this season.

partly, but also years of watching Roos's apparent inability to cope with any form of cross, also Marshall pulled of probably save of the season from a similar situation earlier this season.