Roos

IslandExile

1 hour ago, derbydaz22 said:

Improve greatly on commanding his area? When did this happen? Certainly not Cardiff away a few weeks ago he literally didn’t claim any cross all game.

Did you post this from the West Stand...Love a duck, Another that doesn't understand football.

5 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

Improve greatly on commanding his area? When did this happen? Certainly not Cardiff away a few weeks ago he literally didn’t claim any cross all game.

Roos was hung out to dry by Rooney's woeful team selection for that game. Pretty hard to lay the blame at Roos' door for any of the four goals.

1 hour ago, derbydaz22 said:

Doesn’t understand football ? So you think he commands his area then? And I don’t sit in the West stand thanks.

Tell me, How many crosses didn't he collect? where you belive he should have done, Baring in mind there has to be a cross he can collect, Not the suicidal come and miss, Or the over crowded penalty area where a bump into a player could cause confusion.

I think he commands his area alot more than he did, Barnsley with their high balls into the box shows that he does, There's being critical of a player and then there's being critical because some have it in for him.

Me, He's shown this last year how far he improved, Maybe alot to do with Shay Given.

The West Stand jibe...is where Roos anti fan club sit...Not all BTW.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Compared with Marshall who hasn't claimed a cross all season? ?

Wow do you really think Roos is our No1? I know who I would sooner have and our defenders. Marshall has not been error free I know but he’s a solid keeper at this level.

3 hours ago, James Pond said:

Tell me, How many crosses didn't he collect? where you belive he should have done, Baring in mind there has to be a cross he can collect, Not the suicidal come and miss, Or the over crowded penalty area where a bump into a player could cause confusion.

I think he commands his area alot more than he did, Barnsley with their high balls into the box shows that he does, There's being critical of a player and then there's being critical because some have it in for him.

Me, He's shown this last year how far he improved, Maybe alot to do with Shay Given.

The West Stand jibe...is where Roos anti fan club sit...Not all BTW.

He could have come and punched or collected 3 or 4 long throws at Cardiff for a start and I’ve not got it in for anyone in a Derby shirt I want them all to play well but for me Roos is simply not good enough at collecting crosses and I’ve no idea why as he has the height and physique.

20 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

He could have come and punched or collected 3 or 4 long throws at Cardiff for a start and I’ve not got it in for anyone in a Derby shirt I want them all to play well but for me Roos is simply not good enough at collecting crosses and I’ve no idea why as he has the height and physique.

Is that it...wow, Just to let you know, A long throw isn't a cross, It's the use of the arms and hands, Where a cross is the use of the legs and feet.

29 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Wow do you really think Roos is our No1? I know who I would sooner have and our defenders. Marshall has not been error free I know but he’s a solid keeper at this level.

Overall I think he's better. I don't believe I've changed my opinion on that all season. Marshall has played well for large chunks of this season and deserved to keep the number 1 spot. His handling is better, a better leader and organises his defence better. But Roos is better at pretty much everything else.

Yeah, very good performance from him the other night. I was critical of him in the previous couple of games, but he seemed much more composed and calm against Barnsley - his decision making was better, he caught everything he needed to, and made a worldie save to secure the point as well. 

Well done Kelle. He’s still a good backup goalkeeper at this level - his really stupid mistakes are becoming less common, and he’s capable of the odd incredible save to boot. Can’t complain really.

13 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

If Wazza drops him today then he will lose credibility, he has to stay in the side on merit. 

16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah, very good performance from him the other night. I was critical of him in the previous couple of games, but he seemed much more composed and calm against Barnsley - his decision making was better, he caught everything he needed to, and made a worldie save to secure the point as well. 

Well done Kelle. He’s still a good backup goalkeeper at this level - his really stupid mistakes are becoming less common, and he’s capable of the odd incredible save to boot. Can’t complain really.

Very well said. ^^^

How many errors has Roos made this season? Can’t think of many. Remember the howlers from Marshall though, Barnsley at home, Florist at home. There is very little to choose between the two although I think Wazza sees Marshall as his current number 1....

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

How many errors has Roos made this season? Can’t think of many. Remember the howlers from Marshall though, Barnsley at home, Florist at home. There is very little to choose between the two although I think Wazza sees Marshall as his current number 1....

Roos hasn't had as much game time to make as many mistakes. Roos made a big mistake against forest when he spilt it but got away with it.

On 12/03/2021 at 13:22, OohMartWright said:

Roos was hung out to dry by Rooney's woeful team selection for that game. Pretty hard to lay the blame at Roos' door for any of the four goals.

I've rarely played in a football team.

The office where I worked forced me to play in goal once.

We were losing 2-1 at half time.

3-1 straight from the kick off second half.

We changed tactics to a 0-0-10 and let in 3 more quick goals (not surprising with only me in our half).

I refused to carry on until I had at least one defender in support.

After that the game ended in a 6-1 defeat.

I wasn't invited to play again!

I have the utmost respect for goalkeepers.

Edited by Brammie Steve

On 11/03/2021 at 09:13, AGR said:

Better keeper than Marshall for us. The fact that Marshall saved some penalties for Scotland has clouded a lot of Rams fans' judgement.

Marshall has made some fantastic saves for us this season perhaps his latest error is clouding your judgement on a very good keeper in Marshall.I don't watch scotland games 

Saying that I'd let Roos keep the gloves for now but healthy competition is a good thing 

Edited by S8TY

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

Marshall has made some fantastic saves for us this season perhaps his latest error is clouding your judgement on a very good keeper in Marshall.I don't watch scotland games 

Saying that I'd let Roos keep the gloves for now but healthy competition is a good thing 

Like all championship keepers Marshall has done some fantastic saves (Norwich away) but he's also dropped some clangers (as has Roos in the last few years since he broke into the first team) .

Marshall's clangers that I can recall this season; Forest at home, Barnsley at home, I seem to remember him dropping a cross at Brentford away that their striker should've scored from. He's also been rooted to the spot for a few goals that I thought he should've saved; Coventry at home and Preston at home spring to mind.

For what its worth I don't think there's a great deal between Marshall and Roos but I think Roos has been the better keeper for us and would let him keep his spot.

On 13/03/2021 at 14:11, Brammie Steve said:

I've rarely played in a football team.

The office where I worked forced me to play in goal once.

We were losing 2-1 at half time.

3-1 straight from the kick off second half.

We changed tactics to a 0-0-10 and let in 3 more quick goals (not surprising with only me in our half).

I refused to carry on until I had at least one defender in support.

After that the game ended in a 6-1 defeat.

I wasn't invited to play again!

I have the utmost respect for goalkeepers.

Towards the end of my playing career I played in goals for 2-3 seasons, Got to a final at the Municipal Bowl...lost 4-1 but got the headlines in the "Green Un" Scored a goal from a goal punt from my hands in Belgium, The wind was in my favour, Lost 13-0 on Markeaton park and held my hands up for the 10th and 13th goal in the changing room, Caught a cross on the Racecourse on a bitterly cold December Morning the ground was frozen solid but the ref wanted his fee so passed the pitch playable, After catching the ball I bounced it, It came up hit my chin and rolled into the net ? howls of laughter could be heard from the sidelines, Made some world class saves and made some huge gaffs.

Yes they say you have to be a little crazy to be a keeper ?

45 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Towards the end of my playing career I played in goals for 2-3 seasons, Got to a final at the Municipal Bowl...lost 4-1 but got the headlines in the "Green Un" Scored a goal from a goal punt from my hands in Belgium, The wind was in my favour, Lost 13-0 on Markeaton park and held my hands up for the 10th and 13th goal in the changing room, Caught a cross on the Racecourse on a bitterly cold December Morning the ground was frozen solid but the ref wanted his fee so passed the pitch playable, After catching the ball I bounced it, It came up hit my chin and rolled into the net ? howls of laughter could be heard from the sidelines, Made some world class saves and made some huge gaffs.

Yes they say you have to be a little crazy to be a keeper ?

Yeah, nice story.

I played in a game which we lost 9-1 but our goalkeeper was easily man of the match and kept the score down considerably.

I was also in a 15 minute 5-a-side game, different goalie. At half time, we were losing 6-0 so we decided to try and slow the pace down. Straight from the kick-off, our player rolled the ball back to our goalkeeper. It went over his outstretched arms and into the net. 7-0. It ended 12-0.

Hey, you don't think it's me and the other outfield players, do you?