The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

You still ignored the question. 

They suspended it on blood clots, even though medical advice was to continue. As was proven, there was no connection between the two. The other vaccine which also had people that had blood clots after having the jabs was not suspended, so tell me why would you suspend one and not the other ?

It was not data that showed any connection between the two though. Same as there is no connection between blood clots and the under 55s. So I'm not quite sure what you mean by true data, if I have a car crash after having the jab, would you say the two are related ?

I just can't see how that makes it solely EU politics at play. The EMA says AZ is safe. A small yet significant number of EU countries go it alone and suspend use of it. Countries across the globe do similarly. 48 hours later they resume use. 

Unless the EU released fake data about the blood clots, a number of non-EU countries agreed that they wanted more investigation done. It's been done, safety confirmed (as the EMA said all along) and it's back in use. 

If the other countries hadn't suspended use, I could see why it could be described as solely EU politics. However as the EMA never suggested any safety issues, I'd still say it doesn't sound like EU politics, more member state politics. 

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I just can't see how that makes it solely EU politics at play. The EMA says AZ is safe. A small yet significant number of EU countries go it alone and suspend use of it. Countries across the globe do similarly. 48 hours later they resume use. 

Unless the EU released fake data about the blood clots, a number of non-EU countries agreed that they wanted more investigation done. It's been done, safety confirmed (as the EMA said all along) and it's back in use. 

If the other countries hadn't suspended use, I could see why it could be described as solely EU politics. However as the EMA never suggested any safety issues, I'd still say it doesn't sound like EU politics, more member state politics. 

I’ve had it today. 
I’ll let you know if my legs stop working.

18 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

They have resumed though have they, Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway have still to resume. It's also not the first time either is it, It was banned in over 55s for what reason ? It's now been banned in the under 55s for what reason ?

You say fake data, but none has been released that shows anything that associated blood clots to the vaccine, even the EMA said this, so if ask you what data has been released that justifies the pausing of the programme ?

My own view is that authorities in certain geographies may be looking for someone to blame for a poor rollout. When one of your main members drop out of your programme and are doing so well in their vaccination programme, suddenly people start looking in your direction and these events against one one of the vaccines and not the other make me think that is more based on politics than "data".

10 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Bickering or discussing ?‍♂️

Plus it's more interesting than the football ?

I’d rather have the AZ jab directly in my eyeballs than have to watch that game again......and it cost £10 ?

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

The main article is paywalled, but some of the points are in the twitter thread

Without getting into the politics (and therefore having the posts deleted) - it's an interesting debate - if you keep it personal, not political

I'd take a 4 day week on the same pay over a 5 day week with a 20% payrise

8 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

So would I.

I guess it depends where you are in life but for me the more time I have for myself the better,  which is why I am happy to continue working from home aslong as possible. 

As Sith says, I reckon the response would be different depending in the age group you.

Working from home cuts down a lot of wasted time - I'm willing to bet half a day for the average person over a week?

20% more pay for me, although I'd probably opt for a day less work instead in about 10 years time.

4 hours ago, BIllyD said:

They have resumed though have they, Finland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway have still to resume. It's also not the first time either is it, It was banned in over 55s for what reason ? It's now been banned in the under 55s for what reason ?

You say fake data, but none has been released that shows anything that associated blood clots to the vaccine, even the EMA said this, so if ask you what data has been released that justifies the pausing of the programme ?

My own view is that authorities in certain geographies may be looking for someone to blame for a poor rollout. When one of your main members drop out of your programme and are doing so well in their vaccination programme, suddenly people start looking in your direction and these events against one one of the vaccines and not the other make me think that is more based on politics than "data".

I don't disagree with what you are saying, just it seems a bit of a stretch to blame the EU as an organisation for the antics of some of its members. Especially when those antics were duplicated by non EU members. 

32 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Got the AZ vaccine today at the Arena. 

Hats off to the volunteers who make it such an easy process. ?

Must admit, it felt a bit emotional going in and coming out. 

Had mine there on Wednesday, it's so efficient, isn't it?

They asked me my address, which is Nottingham, so I made sure I slipped in I'm a Derby fan, just so they didn't hammer the jab in!

5 hours ago, BIllyD said:

The irony of this whole discussion is that Covid greatly increases the chance of blood clots if you have complications.  Surely per head of population you have a far greater chance of getting a blood clot from getting Covid than the jab that stops the complications.

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The irony of this whole discussion is that Covid greatly increases the chance of blood clots if you have complications.  Surely per head of population you have a far greater chance of getting a blood clot from getting Covid than the jab that stops the complications.

That must tell you that some countries have an axe to grind

17 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

That must tell you that some countries have an axe to grind

Politicians, perhaps. People? Not so much. I know that there are factions in any country who are anti-this and anti-that, but by and large when it comes to attitudes towards others, people are generally laissez-faire - unless and until they are orchestrated.

I've got my jab this afternoon. So am learning to type with one hand currently.

I don't normally post on this thread but even the most churlish of persons can't fail to give some respect to the government giving vaccinations to over half the populous now. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Nearly 900k yesterday.

Wife had hers last night at Swadlincote, very impressed with the organisation - military efficiency with a friendly smile! 

Almost unbelievable the numbers we're posting, my wife's appointment was 7:13pm and despite it being late in the day there was no delay and it was bang on time. Remarkable.