The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

27 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It'll give me the opportunity to try out the new Spear & Jackson spade I bought the Memsahib for Christmas (I kid you not).

Methinks you may have a new bike parking garden facility soon, although you probably won't be able to appreciate it!

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Despite reports last week that over 40's would now be delayed getting the first vaccine shot until May, I've just had the text from the nhs and my jab is booked for next week.

Happy with that & hopefully it means the squeeze on supplies might not be as bad as thought. Just don't tell the EU.

Do you have any health issues at the moment. My wife had it early, but it turned out it was because she was on some medication for a few weeks.

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Do you have any health issues at the moment. My wife had it early, but it turned out it was because she was on some medication for a few weeks.

No. I've been on blood pressure medication since my early 30's (now 48) & never been aware that it's an issue.

I haven't had any other kind of illness requiring medication for years.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

No. I've been on blood pressure medication since my early 30's (now 48) & never been aware that it's an issue.

It might be that rather than just your age. From the people I know, they seem to have been fairly liberal on health issues.

15 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

My colleague (50 last month) got his invitation a couple of weeks ago... a few days after my invitation (for 56 and overs) but a few days before they lowered the age range generally, and therefore a few days before 55 year old Muckerette got hers.

His GP confirmed it was because he was on blood pressure meds, even though that was only for a couple of months, about 2 years ago.  (Nothing since).

27 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

My colleague (50 last month) got his invitation a couple of weeks ago... a few days after my invitation (for 56 and overs) but a few days before they lowered the age range generally, and therefore a few days before 55 year old Muckerette got hers.

His GP confirmed it was because he was on blood pressure meds, even though that was only for a couple of months, about 2 years ago.  (Nothing since).

Oh OK. I remember back in the early days of COVID that high blood pressure was listed as a possible risk factor but no mention of it for ages. 

Technically I don’t have high BP because the tablets see to that but maybe it’s to do with the medication rather than the BP? Dunno. 

Just happy that I’m getting the jab.

Had mine done at the weekend. Felt nauseous for the next couple of days and my arm feels like Mike Tyson has bopped me on it but apart from is done now.

I had the same issues I was told I wasn't eligible as even though I'm diagnosed as having a learning disability the NHS say it has to be classified as a serious one for you to get progressed in the first wave if you're under 55 or whatever the cut off is. 

After querying this I was then given a local number In Nottingham by my GP to arrange an appointment then weirdly a few days after I went got a letter from the NHS saying I should arrange an appointment.

11 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think it’s just the media trying to whip up a poo storm. I doubt even the EU could be that stupid.

It's being over egged by the press but the threat is definitely there. The EU aren't happy with AZ mainly and their failure to produce vaccines from 3 of the 4 plants they signed up to. 

Is it threats to enforce their position, time will tell...

Apparently  we could have two types of pubs come May 17th 

1. With Covid status checks: 
No Social Distancing

2. Without Covid status checks : Table service only, social distancing, rule of 6 etc

Option 1 sounds best to me until June 21st then we can scrap all this rubbish. 

20 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Apparently  we could have two types of pubs come May 17th 

1. With Covid status checks: 
No Social Distancing

2. Without Covid status checks : Table service only, social distancing, rule of 6 etc

Option 1 sounds best to me until June 21st then we can scrap all this rubbish. 

Interesting - depends on what "covid status checks" means in practice. Negative test? Temperature check? Vaccinated once? Vaccinated twice? Scottish Terry says he "feels fine"?

If everyone in the pub has done a lateral flow test and shown negative, then no social distancing would be incredibly low risk, so I'd be Ok with that

But then I'd also be OK with 2 in my local. I quite like having beer brought to me ?

6 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Interesting - depends on what "covid status checks" means in practice. Negative test? Temperature check? Vaccinated once? Vaccinated twice? Scottish Terry says he "feels fine"?

If everyone in the pub has done a lateral flow test and shown negative, then no social distancing would be incredibly low risk, so I'd be Ok with that

But then I'd also be OK with 2 in my local. I quite like having beer brought to me ?

Hearing the news today I’m assuming a “Covid status check”would be proof of vaccination and or a recent negative test result. 
I’m good with both options, but I guess option 1 would look more like normality when in the pub. 

Anyway why would Terry be Scottish? You are stereotyping that all Scots go to the pub, in 2021 that’s just not on ?

4 hours ago, BIllyD said:

It's being over egged by the press but the threat is definitely there. The EU aren't happy with AZ mainly and their failure to produce vaccines from 3 of the 4 plants they signed up to. 

Is it threats to enforce their position, time will tell...

I am of the understanding that the UK government invested in AZ to develop the vaccine which would be mine and yours money. I am not sure the EU did though. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Hearing the news today I’m assuming a “Covid status check”would be proof of vaccination and or a recent negative test result. 
I’m good with both options, but I guess option 1 would look more like normality when in the pub. 

Anyway why would Terry be Scottish? You are stereotyping that all Scots go to the pub, in 2021 that’s just not on ?

I honestly can't see it being applied - especially with respect to the fact that the majority of pub staff are relatively young, and won't have had even a first dose administered before August or so. Are all pub staff going to have regular Covid tests every couple of days to determine whether they can work? If one tests positive, then presumably everyone who has been in contact with them would then be subject to Track & Trace and 10 days isolation etc and the pub would then have to close again.

It's another (at the moment) badly thought out idea.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I honestly can't see it being applied - especially with respect to the fact that the majority of pub staff are relatively young, and won't have had even a first dose administered before August or so. Are all pub staff going to have regular Covid tests every couple of days to determine whether they can work? If one tests positive, then presumably everyone who has been in contact with them would then be subject to Track & Trace and 10 days isolation etc and the pub would then have to close again.

It's another (at the moment) badly thought out idea.

All ideas are good ideas. Just maybe give it a bit of thought first before leaking it to the media.

7 hours ago, TexasRam said:

So the young should be forced to have frequent tests to live our normal life? 

5 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I am of the understanding that the UK government invested in AZ to develop the vaccine which would be mine and yours money. I am not sure the EU did though. 

Don't think that matters to them.