The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Covid: £5,000 fine for people going on holiday abroad.

A £5,000 fine for anyone in England trying to travel abroad without good reason is due to come into force next week as part of new coronavirus laws.
The penalty is included in legislation that will be voted on by MPs on Thursday.
Foreign holidays are currently not allowed under the "stay at home" rule which ends on Monday.
But then the ban on leaving the UK at this time will become a specific law backed up by the threat of the fine.
The new coronavirus laws, due to be introduced on Monday, suggest anyone who leaves England for a destination outside the UK without a reasonable excuse could face a £5,000 fine.
Anyone travelling abroad has to fill in a "Declaration to Travel" form, stating a valid reason for leaving the country, such as education, work or childcare

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56493002

Not just education, work or childcare....

The government have inserted a "Stanley Johnson" loophole into travel restrictions which will allow people with 2nd homes to leave the UK to prepare a 2nd home for sale or rent.

18 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The government have inserted a "Stanley Johnson" loophole into travel restrictions which will allow people with 2nd homes to leave the UK to prepare a 2nd home for sale or rent.

Of course.

Was a mere quote from the beeb.  Not my words.  There are indeed other allowances for foreign travel, but saw that as for others to delve into, if they so desire.

I ain't about to do their research for them!  ?

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

What about their 56 foot yacht moored near Cannes?

Well I can't see the super rich wanting to spend their holiday in a Skeggy B and B this year.

So the £5,000 fine, along with all the loopholes in the government's foreign travel restrictions bill won't be much of a deterrent in stopping their rich mates travelling abroad.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Well I can't see the super rich wanting to spend their holiday in a Skeggy B and B this year.

So the £5,000 fine, along with all the loopholes in the government's foreign travel restrictions bill won't be much of a deterrent in stopping their rich mates travelling abroad.

£5K that’s just a tip for us super rich.. Enjoy Skegness..

5 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Doesn't it always?

Yes, it always does. Although I'm not really sure why the last year has produced so much more anti-Elite feeling. Not even sure if anyone knows who the Elite are even supposed to be anymore?

Maybe it's the bosses of big Pharma companies who have ran the companies able to produce the vaccines to help stop people dying?

Maybe the large logistics and delivery companies, who have been able to gets goods to people without them having to expose themselves to risk of infection?

Maybe it's those massive earners high up in the NHS who have managed to organise resource and people to save lives?

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I need a man is Hersonissos around June/July.

I say that most years, mind.

Well, it’ll be no surprise to you, I’ve got flights from Luton in June for £78 to Crete. 

also from EMA in September for £300! 

37 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Well, it’ll be no surprise to you, I’ve got flights from Luton in June for £78 to Crete. 

also from EMA in September for £300! 

I reckon you'll be alright on both occasions.

The Greek Islands were still on our travel corridor prior to the latest lockdown, so hopefully will be the first to open up.

I'm due in Corfu myself in June, pushed back from May last year. The hotel I'm booked to stay at has its own testing centre, staff are tested daily and guests can be tested as often as they wish, so I don't see what more could be done to make a holiday safer.

I'm none too fussed to be honest, but I toddle off to work every day, whereas my wife has been stuck at home for a year now, and is ready to murder someone. 

Edited by Rev
Extra

Two days, two garden centre visits - the first time we have ventured out for anything other than a walk for a year. I was delighted with the organisation, the availability of seed potatoes and onion sets at a very reasonable price, and the fact that I was able to buy some Naga chili seeds was the icing on the cake. The Memsahib has just informed me that my job tomorrow is to dig the garden and get the onions and spuds in.

I never thought it through, did I?

30 minutes ago, Rev said:

I reckon you'll be alright on both occasions.

The Greek Islands were still on our travel corridor prior to the latest lockdown, so hopefully will be the first to open up.

I'm due in Corfu myself in June, pushed back from May last year. The hotel I'm booked to stay at has its own testing centre, staff are tested daily and guests can be tested as often as they wish, so I don't see what more could be done to make a holiday safer.

I'm none too fussed to be honest, but I toddle off to work every day, whereas my wife has been stuck at home for a year now, and is ready to murder someone. 

Im hoping this proposed traffic light system comes into play. Greek islands would surely be green. It would be the potential of quarantine upon return that ruins it for me. 

26 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Two days, two garden centre visits - the first time we have ventured out for anything other than a walk for a year. I was delighted with the organisation, the availability of seed potatoes and onion sets at a very reasonable price, and the fact that I was able to buy some Naga chili seeds was the icing on the cake. The Memsahib has just informed me that my job tomorrow is to dig the garden and get the onions and spuds in.

I never thought it through, did I?

Get them in it’s given some good weather.