The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

Based upon the information given from the EU countries, of which for example Thailand have now decided to resume.

Now are you going to answer why these EU countries have suspended one vaccine and not the other even though the blood clots reported are roughly the same from both programmes?

Britain suspended my import of Belgian beer for 3 weeks, so this probably means that we're quits now.

8 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

As i get older, I’d like somebody to let me know Ive been to the toilet. 

Do you think Bill will send somebody to clean it up too? 

He won't have to, once he's convinced us all to stop eating meat and switch to a diet of insects and bugs it will simply get up and walk off on its own...

18 minutes ago, maxjam said:

He won't have to, once he's convinced us all to stop eating meat and switch to a diet of insects and bugs it will simply get up and walk off on its own...

I think only sheer laziness is stopping me go veggie. I can't be bothered with thinking about it but environmentally, health wise and morally it's the right thing. If I had to catch and kill my meat it wouldn't even be an option. 

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Q If I have the AZ jab, will I get better mobile phone reception?

No, but if you have a flat tyre when you goto drive home after it, the EU will probably list it as a side effect from the jab.

Is there a vaccine shortage or is it a leak to get people to take the vaccine they are offered? I suspect it could be leaked due to the efforts of the likes of France Germany etc to try to derail our roll out.

I heard yesterday that we received 25m doses from India and they had just passed the safety checks. That didn’t sound like a shortage to me.

Edited by Gritstone Ram

Potential vaccine shortage, so all the young who protected the Elderly and vulnerable look like their jabs may be delayed.
Does this mean they will have to continued to be locked up (vaccine passports for holidays, pub entry, football stadium etc etc) while those who have had it will get their freedom back. 
I think that’s be a bit unfair to be honest. We owe the young of this country a huge debt for their sacrifice once this is over. 

10 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Potential vaccine shortage, so all the young who protected the Elderly and vulnerable look like their jabs may be delayed.
Does this mean they will have to continued to be locked up (vaccine passports for holidays, pub entry, football stadium etc etc) while those who have had it will get their freedom back. 
I think that’s be a bit unfair to be honest. We owe the young of this country a huge debt for their sacrifice once this is over. 

I think its only fair that the elderly and vulnerable remain locked up until the rest of us get our vaccines - its only what they have demanded from us for the past year...

*chants* 'lock them up, lock them up' at all the over 70s covidiots that have been increasingly filling the park I walk my dog in since they have started getting their jabs.

Edited by maxjam

24 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Is there a vaccine shortage or is it a leak to get people to take the vaccine they are offered? I suspect it could be leaked due to the efforts of the likes of France Germany etc to try to derail our roll out.

I heard yesterday that we received 25m doses from India and they had just passed the safety checks. That didn’t sound like a shortage to me.

Temporary delay on the under 50s getting their jabs - maybe the ones you say we got from India are to give the 25m that have already had a jab their second ones?

If you're over 50 I'd ring up for your jab asap;

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-to-face-significant-reduction-in-vaccine-supplies-from-29-march-12248909

Edited by maxjam

Sith Happens
25 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

19 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I think its only fair that the elderly and vulnerable remain locked up until the rest of us get our vaccines - its only what they have demanded from us for the past year...

*chants* 'lock them up, lock them up' at all the over 70s covidiots that have been increasingly filling the park I walk my dog in since they have started getting their jabs.

They said today no delay, it's always been mid April for over 50s and on track to meet the target of mid July for all adults. 

39 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

They said today no delay, it's always been mid April for over 50s and on track to meet the target of mid July for all adults. 

Maybe a victim of our own success in delivering so many vaccines that we pushed ahead of schedule.

Seems to be a few countries that don't want the AZ vaccine, I'm sure we would be more than happy to take them off their hands ?

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Maybe a victim of our own success in delivering so many vaccines that we pushed ahead of schedule.

Seems to be a few countries that don't want the AZ vaccine, I'm sure we would be more than happy to take them off their hands ?

Its probably me being cynical in my old age, but the media making a thing of it makes me think they would love it if something went wrong. 

They are probably celebrating the vaccine roll out through gritted teeth. 

Casual is an anagram of causal.

It's fitting really that stupid people in the press and governments can't tell the difference. My contempt for those who disrespect science and who should know better - especially those who actually have scientific advisers to call upon if need be - grows daily.

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

It’s not just the young that have made sacrifices don’t you know? and it’s not just the young that want and deserve their freedom back.

We owe a debt to anyone who’s made sacrifices regardless of age.

Also, what would be fairer do you think? Stop vaccinations altogether until there’s enough to go round? Prioritise those at lower risk?

Edited by Tamworthram

14 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I think only sheer laziness is stopping me go veggie. I can't be bothered with thinking about it but environmentally, health wise and morally it's the right thing. If I had to catch and kill my meat it wouldn't even be an option. 

Interesting one that. It wouldn’t cause me a problem in an alternate universe. Our digestive tract is designed on be omnivorous. Meat is a type of first class protein which our gut is designed for. That said .. we eat way too much meat. It should be occasional -  which would then mean there isn’t the necessity to produce factory meat by so many foul means. .. Hunting for it is fair does in my book. Uhhh I kind of lost the Covid topic and went on a Jono opinion ramble .. whooops ?