The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

Middle class neighbourhood, Middleclass lifestyle, Working class/middleclass Ideals depending the flavour of the day and mood I'm in 😉

After an adult life of looking after others, I'm enjoying being me, Nowt special...pretty ordinary really...but a million miles to what It was some 8 years ago when I was married and being a Senior Union Official Baby Thank You GIF 

On a serious note it’s a subject I find really interesting, the shift and fluidity between what was considered traditional working and middle classes , I also kind of believe successive governments and policies have created a fourth class 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

10 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Thanks for that ramit well worth a watch...damn those Rats and Pangolins in a bar in Wuhan 😉 

Why has the Worlds media not picked up on this? are the Media under a blackout?

A World order experiment to see what a Virus can do, Will do and at what cost to humanity and finances.

Pfizer and other pharmas are and have always lined their pockets, Here in the UK, Criminal organisations stole billions of £s through a Government bail out.

PPE cost us equally as many billions and lined corrupt politicians and business with a fortune.

We the humble citizen are told what where when and how to go about our lives, We're not to challenge those in power if we do then expect retribution.

Putin to Biden...how's thing man, Just to let you know we're going into Ukraine next week, OK Vlad thanks for the heads up, There's money to be made here 😁  

How i see it.

The world's media is one component of the machinery, the news programs are not there to inform us, rather to shape our thinking and reactions.  International and local institution are also under the heel.  Big corporations have merged with this power structure, in what Mussolini termed fascism.  We the people herded like sheep and kept in perpetual fear, as our long fought for rights get whittled away by increasingly authoritative regimes and their militarized police force.  Lies are truth, up is down, wrong is right, or else. 

Orwell didn't write a novel, it was a field guide to the future. 

The megalomaniacs at the top (for now) like to multitask, each input designed for more than one connected outcome.  The Covid lockdowns and restrictions were part of tightening the consolidation of power.

21 minutes ago, Archied said:

On a serious note it’s a subject I find really interesting, the shift and fluidity between what was considered traditional working and middle classes , I also kind of believe successive governments and policies have created a fourth class 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's a multitude of classes Archie...more than 4, From the Under Classes to the Ruling Classes, Money, Breeding, Education, Geographical, Thought Process.

Hyacinth was Middle class, She desperately wanted to be Upper class...Richard was happy being Richard 😉     

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Orwell didn't write a novel, it was a field guide to the future

I think Aldous Huxley was nearer to the mark than Orwell, sadly

Orwell envisioned the masses subject to forceful suppression with those who tried to question it being crushed by the state. Not many rebels about and when they do show up, they are dismissed as idiots.

Huxley, on the other hand, described a society where the masses were mostly docile. Soothed by modern pleasures, mollified and amenable to control. He said that the pacification of the masses would be gradual with people blissfully unaware of their own complicity. Seduced by technology’s shiny baubles. 

What do you reckon?

37 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Orwell envisioned the masses subject to forceful suppression with those who tried to question it being crushed by the state. Not many rebels about and when they do show up, they are dismissed as idiots.

Huxley, on the other hand, described a society where the masses were mostly docile. Soothed by modern pleasures, mollified and amenable to control. He said that the pacification of the masses would be gradual with people blissfully unaware of their own complicity. Seduced by technology’s shiny baubles. 

What do you reckon?

Bit of both 

On 28/05/2023 at 17:05, Stive Pesley said:

What do you reckon?

Huxley was eerily accurate on lots of things in that novel. The promotion of rampant promiscuity and the sexualisation of minors seems quite prescient too.

I always wondered whether Huxley genuinely intended for John to be a noble savage or whether he was poking fun at some of our more "higher minded" pursuits with John's descent into madness. A diet of Shakespearian tragedy and religious dogma renders him just as unable to cope with the strong emotions evoked by death and love as the docile and placid Lenina.

Its all over!

Our company has announced Covid is officially over. Even if you test positive and have symptoms you are to attend work. Covid is no longer recognised as an individual illness. It has become part of the flu/cold respiratory family as regards absence management.

They are basing this on the World Heath Organisation declaring the pandemic is no longer a global threat and the fact that they have just brought in a stricter absence  procedure to reduce sick pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I hear Hancock has apologised for the fiasco of Covid in care homes, Take your apology and bank it with the rest of the loot you made, There's people out there who made millions out of this pandemic, There are people who illegally made millions out of this Pandemic, There are Politicians who spoke of this Pandemic and we were told all is being done that can be done.

Unfortunately all the above didn't help my Mum, Who died in a Nursing home alone in her bed with not a single family member there, We were told that no visitors were allowed in, My Brother screamed at the management that they were letting visitors in without any testing he was ushered out and told to keep calm or the Police will be called...her funeral was attended by 10 people who had to sit X amount of feet apart.

For all those that died from Covid and their families you have my deepest sympathy, For all those who made money and those who were charged with the procurement of PPE and giving out the contracts to unscrupulous companies I have nothing but contempt.

To those that gave their lives trying to protect the sick and dying...thank you

To those Politicians who failed...I'll see you in hell.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/health-66019238

Edited by The Last Post

6 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Well I hear Hancock has apologised for the fiasco of Covid in care homes, Take your apology and bank it with the rest of the loot you made, There's people out there who made millions out of this pandemic, There are people who illegally made millions out of this Pandemic, There are Politicians who spoke of this Pandemic and we were told all is being done that can be done.

Unfortunately all the above didn't help my Mum, Who died in a Nursing home alone in her bed with not a single family member there, We were told that no visitors were allowed in, My Brother screamed at the management that they were letting visitors in without any testing he was ushered out and told to keep calm or the Police will be called...her funeral was attended by 10 people who had to sit X amount of feet apart.

For all those that died from Covid and their families you have my deepest sympathy, For all those who made money and those who were charged with the procurement of PPE and giving out the contracts to unscrupulous companies I have nothing but contempt.

To those that gave their lives trying to protect the sick and dying...thank you

To those Politicians who failed...I'll see you in hell.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/health-66019238

Sorry for your loss mate. It was a grim time and I'm sorry you and your loved ones had to go through this.

• 1 month later...