Colin Kazim-Richards Fan Club

Day

34 minutes ago, Srg said:

Caught a glimpse right at the end of the highlights on YouTube of the Birmingham game of him walking off the field with his arm round Kaide Gordon. 

He’s what, 35? Give him a 10 year deal. 

Seems to interact with Festy I won’t butcher his surname on Instagram as well. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Caught a glimpse right at the end of the highlights on YouTube of the Birmingham game of him walking off the field with his arm round Kaide Gordon. 

He’s what, 35? Give him a 10 year deal. 

And as @LeedsCityRam commented, pre match huddle, (cuddle) he’s the captain! Before, during especially, and post match keep an eye on him, encouraging all the time. And with opposition players he really interacts with them, helping up after a tackle, having a smile and laugh at times. I didn’t know much about him but, listening and watching in interview, he’s a proper character. My ‘All things Polish’ bromance is being put to the test here.... ??????? ?? ?? could get messy ...... 

Edited by SKRam
Cuddle added

On 17/12/2020 at 17:17, ilkleyram said:

On commentary last night Owen said that CKR had become a bit of a cult figure around the club and with fans.

I wouldn’t disagree but it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that our cult figure will come and go without any (many) of us seeing him play in the flesh. He deserves at least one standing ovation from a full Pride Park.

It would be a shame if that happened. It’s also a shame some of the debutants have run out to an empty stadium. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2020 at 19:23, MickD said:

Been a fan since his Sheff Utd days.  A true journeyman, never a big fee, many loans and free transfers. An honest footballer who has always given his best effort and been rewarded with a few titles and cups.

Just need someone to feed off him now.

Honestly have to say I don’t think I’d heard of him before he signed for us but, after the same doubts as many of us, I’m a big fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Just listened to CKR interview on RamsTV.......... I could listen to him all day!  Such an engaging and inspirational speaker and will be as big an influence off the pitch as he is on it.  I know he’s 34 but as he says, “age is just a number” and for me he deserves at least another 12 months contract and probably 2 years.

18 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Just listened to CKR interview on RamsTV.......... I could listen to him all day!  Such an engaging and inspirational speaker and will be as big an influence off the pitch as he is on it.  I know he’s 34 but as he says, “age is just a number” and for me he deserves at least another 12 months contract and probably 2 years.

If we get another striker in Kaz will be a good option so we can rotate the pair where needed

1 hour ago, Donnyram said:

Expected more from him. Age is a word, 34 is a number.

Agreed, we could do much worse than having him as a rotation/backup option next season.

1 hour ago, Donnyram said:

"If I play against you, you hate me... and you're supposed to"

Love it!

I'm bemused as to why he isn't the clear and first choice of captain.

He seems to run the pre match teamtalk and spends the whole match shepherding the team and encouraging the youngsters.

His passion for football and the club he plays for is clear too and I think his age and experience should really give him the nod over other players for the captain's arm band.

I'm sure that the gaffer has his reasons tho.

Tell you what tho,I wish we had had him and Chrissie playing for the number 9 shirt since 2014,Kazims the only player I've seen at for us that would have made a compatible back up for Martin.....

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm bemused as to why he isn't the clear and first choice of captain.

He seems to run the pre match teamtalk and spends the whole match shepherding the team and encouraging the youngsters.

I think you’ve sort of answered your own question.

I can’t see how giving him the armband would make any difference whatsoever to how he conducts himself. He’s the leader either way.

So Rooney can give the armband to someone else to make sure they step up (or to put an extra few quid on their price tag).