Colin Kazim-Richards Fan Club

David

Massive fan of Kazim & great to see him starting to get the goals his hard work deserves.

We look a totally different side with a proper focal point & he absolutely provides that. Looking at him, you know he's going to be strong & decent in the air but its his technical ability that most impresses me. The ease with which he controls the ball in the final third is such a valuable skill & largely responsible for how high we've been able to play up the pitch.

Really like the bloke as well. Big, uncompromising guy - always happy to mix it & employ the dark arts. Always encouraging his teammates & leading the pre-match huddle. And his hard work....still running with 10 mins to go tonight despite playing so much football recently

He will prove to be a excellent value signing for us - I bet Cocu regrets not gambling on him. He did look good during his brief cameos under Cocu but he could have started to make an impact a few weeks before he actually did. 

You have to feel a bit for cocu.

he apparently stuck his neck out to insist we signed CKR. everyone thought it was just a poo short term signing.

turns out he’s great.

nice one.

25 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You have to feel a bit for cocu.

he apparently stuck his neck out to insist we signed CKR. everyone thought it was just a poo short term signing.

turns out he’s great.

nice one.

He is still a short term signing lets be honest, 34 years old we might see another season of him and thats that. 

Not sure where you have seen Cocu has stuck his neck out to sign him, but if true that is a little bizarre with how little he played him. 

Waghorn will probably argue till he's blue in the face he's a striker, number 9, but given a chance he hasn't shown it at all. Reminds me of Johnny Russell a lot. 

10 hours ago, Beetroot said:

Maybe he should have stuck his neck out a bit further and actually picked him?

Maybe. He signed on the 15th October. Wasn't in the squad the next day but was up until the Bristol game. I don't think he was match fit. I think the only realistic games he perhaps could have started were QPR or Barnsley.  He came on as a sub in all but one game.

CKR and Bielik were both binned for the first game post Cocu.

Our one striker who can do the job, I think we were right to not rush him in but we needed something different certainly for Barnsley. 

Probably also easier to pick him when you don't have to also pick Rooney!

On commentary last night Owen said that CKR had become a bit of a cult figure around the club and with fans.

I wouldn’t disagree but it’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that our cult figure will come and go without any (many) of us seeing him play in the flesh. He deserves at least one standing ovation from a full Pride Park.

19 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Really like the bloke as well. Big, uncompromising guy - always happy to mix it & employ the dark arts. Always encouraging his teammates & leading the pre-match huddle. And his hard work....still running with 10 mins to go tonight despite playing so much football recently

Dare I say the opposite of Wardrobe (except for the dark arts bit)? Feels almost like an upgrade - who'd have thunk it?

2 minutes ago, Kenavo said:

Dare I say the opposite of Wardrobe (except for the dark arts bit)? Feels almost like an upgrade - who'd have thunk it?

Ha, if he keeps this up there will be a CKR v Martin thread at some point on here!

Martin definitely looks the more elegant footballer whilst CKR is more of a streetfighter but the technical ability & leadership in that front role is what they both have in common. Oh & they were both unheralded free transfers on arrival ?

Had no faith in him on his arrival ,thought it showed lack of ambition by the club. However he is more than pulling his weight ,gets stuck in and making his presence felt on the pitch. Sure he is great to have in the dressing room and appears to be a very good professional. All in all a shrewd signing by Cocu, pity he isn't 2 or 3 years younger. But good luck to the guy doesn't appear he signed for a easy last pay day.

23 hours ago, David said:

He is still a short term signing lets be honest, 34 years old we might see another season of him and thats that. 

Not sure where you have seen Cocu has stuck his neck out to sign him, but if true that is a little bizarre with how little he played him. 

Waghorn will probably argue till he's blue in the face he's a striker, number 9, but given a chance he hasn't shown it at all. Reminds me of Johnny Russell a lot. 

I think Cocu was too slow to integrate players. He always seemed to have them training for 6 weeks or so first. He might have come in eventually but I much prefer the way Rooney is managing players and sticking them in. Ibe wouldn’t have had a chance the other week without him. 

17 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I think Cocu was too slow to integrate players. He always seemed to have them training for 6 weeks or so first. He might have come in eventually but I much prefer the way Rooney is managing players and sticking them in. Ibe wouldn’t have had a chance the other week without him. 

At Xmas will we be looking for a replacement for Kazim or a back up. If we get nobody and Kazim gets I hired then we are back to square one.

• 2 weeks later...