Colin Kazim-Richards Fan Club

David

25 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I love Chris Martin, but I think it’s impossible to deny that Colin is better than him in 2021.

Martin could flick it round corners with his first touch, for teammates to run into.

If he had to hold it up, he was very good at winning a free kick.

CKR isn't on the same level when it comes to the one touch stuff, although possibly he's not had the chance to show it, but he's streets ahead at bringing the ball under control then releasing the pass.

Different skill-sets, different players, different systems, but it's beyond argument that Colin suits us better at this moment.

It's not either/or, just different players suit different systems.

Surely deserves another year?

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Martin could flick it round corners with his first touch, for teammates to run into.

CKR isn't on the same level when it comes to the one touch stuff, although possibly he's not had the chance to show it, but he's streets ahead at bringing the ball under control then releasing the pass.

Different skill-sets, different players, different systems, but it's beyond argument that Colin suits us better at this moment.

He's bloody brilliant isn't he....

CKR and Martin are two peas from a pod,fantastic strong, hold up strikers with great foresight and the ability to see that killer touch and pass.

Overall,Martin's the better player,the one who I would guarantee to score that killer goal but CKR is an amazing player arriving at the perfect time for us.

Ps,please score against notts forest #instantlegend

Well done Colin,you deserve another year at the very least mate ???

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He's bloody brilliant isn't he....

CKR and Martin are two peas from a pod,fantastic strong, hold up strikers with great foresight and the ability to see that killer touch and pass.

Overall,Martin's the better player,the one who I would guarantee to score that killer goal but CKR is an amazing player arriving at the perfect time for us.

Ps,please score against notts forest #instantlegend

Well done Colin,you deserve another year at the very least mate ???

There's a fag paper between them, but CKR is the better fit in this system.

I do wonder what Rooney the manager could have achieved with Martin mind, to have both on board would certainly be an interesting watch.

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

I do wonder what Rooney the manager could have achieved with Martin mind, to have both on board would certainly be an interesting watch.

CM has faded physically and CKR is still a fabulous athlete. However you might think they ranked say 3 years ago, there is now no comparison. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

20 minutes ago, Rev said:

There's a chance that Rooney the manager wouldn't have played Martin though, not enough energy, not enough nastiness and wouldn't hold or win the ball in the same situations.

I think Martin would struggle with the current system tbh, and be no better than Gregory has been.

Edited by Coconut

3 hours ago, Rev said:

26 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

CM has faded physically and CKR is still a fabulous athlete. However you might think they ranked say 3 years ago, there is now no comparison. 

Maybe true, but he still got 11 goals for us last season, in a system that suited him.

This season he almost certainly would have struggled to match that.

13 minutes ago, Coconut said:

There's a chance that Rooney the manager wouldn't have played Martin though, not enough energy, not enough nastiness and wouldn't hold or win the ball in the same situations.

I think Martin would struggle with the current system tbh, and be no better than Gregory has been.

I wouldn't play Martin over CKR either, given how we play now. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that both players have done well for us in different circumstances, and direct comparisons are not really relevant.

One suits us now, another suited us then, doesn't make either one a better player in the grand scheme of things.

7 hours ago, Coconut said:

You have to play to your forwards’ strengths.

Martin needed the ball to feet with runners off him (not how we play at the moment).

Gregory needs a steady supply of balls in the box from out wide (provided almost entirely by Byrne at the moment).

Both players will be effective in the right team. Don’t give up on Gregory. He will score some important goals for us.

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I don't think Col-Kaz would be the same player 3 years ago, with more legs I can imagine he'd play more on the last man, looking to get in behind.  I remember he was all about pace when he was younger.  You can see the experience in the way he plays, same with Rooney when he first came in last season.  They just play things differently to younger players.

8 hours ago, Coconut said:

It is interesting what he would've done with him.  You say he wouldn't stand for the constant falling over at the slightest nudge, but he let's Knight get away with it.  As I said on another thread, we need a few more players with an understanding of the dark arts.  With us being such a young side we can be very naïve at times

56 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I don't think Col-Kaz would be the same player 3 years ago, with more legs I can imagine he'd play more on the last man, looking to get in behind.  I remember he was all about pace when he was younger.  You can see the experience in the way he plays, same with Rooney when he first came in last season.  They just play things differently to younger players.

It is interesting what he would've done with him.  You say he wouldn't stand for the constant falling over at the slightest nudge, but he let's Knight get away with it.  As I said on another thread, we need a few more players with an understanding of the dark arts.  With us being such a young side we can be very naïve at times

I agree, we should be trying to win free kicks and fouls at the moment when our set plays are proving to be extremely productive. Jason Knight and Waggy last night ended up with a ton of grass on their shirts, relieving the pressure and providing an opportunity for us to put the ball into a dangerous area.

It's amazing how much better we've become at set plays, over the past few years we've been useless.

I think with CKR it's his overall attitude that people really buy into as well. The unselfish nature he has and ability to bring those players up around him. The fact that even on a short deal with us the effort, work rate and overall passion he has for this team and club is just superb. Hes a true leader both on and off the pitch. In his interviews I love his honesty.its so so refreshing. And to top all this off he has been fantastic for us so far as well. Truly one of my favourite players at the rams in quite sometime.a true professional that kids look upto like the old days

He has done and is doing much better than we could have hoped for. In many ways a championship Drogba and the most annoying thing again is that we could have balanced the likes of Chris Martin and Richards playing throughout a full season without losing a good focal point option.