EFL appeal

Sith Happens

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We now have the Athletic also jumping on the wagon, so I'd suggest that this is definitely going to happen. We just don't know what and when the punishment will be https://theathletic.com/news/Derby-championship-efl-ffp-appeal/1qTsyqHxZtEa

Are the EFL offices in London manned at all? 

First line: The EFL has won its appeal

Next paragraph: An independent panel will now decide on what punishment

So they haven't won anything yet. A "win" could simply be a penalty.

They state Wednesday as a "precedent", yet ignore the fact they were awarded the 12 point penalty at the end of last season, with the deduction being applied to this season. Using that precedent, a penalty for us would be applied to next season.

The reporting in this country is poor.

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We now have the Athletic also jumping on the wagon, so I'd suggest that this is definitely going to happen. We just don't know what and when the punishment will be https://theathletic.com/news/Derby-championship-efl-ffp-appeal/1qTsyqHxZtEa

Are the EFL offices in London manned at all? 

Just another rehash of the Daily Fail article.

Ultimately, clubs that overspend, are doing so, to compete with the three relegated clubs. The efl has got to do something about this, or we will have the same three clubs going up/down every year. Next season it will be West brom, Sheff U and probably Fulham smashing the league up,it's getting predictable and boring.

Online articles serve one purpose and that is to drive traffic to their websites to push subscriptions or put eyes on adverts. Sensationalist headlines like "Derby are going to be relegated and Mel Morris is set to be fired in to the centre of the sun on the next Tesla rocket" are how they go about it.

At best, they know as much as we do at this point. At worst, they have no idea and are just publishing assumptions based on no knowledge of the detail.

Went to bed contented this morning after a night shift, to wake up this afternoon contemplating the great escape in all its glory.

Switch on my phone and BOOM! First thing I read is we are getting a points deduction and relegated.

This ‘Burying your head in sand’ thing I’ve since read about seems like a good idea.  I’m off to find a suitable sandpit, see you in a couple of months.

A reminder of what the EFL are appealing...

The second charge (amortisation) was split up into 5 particulars.

SmartSelect_20210510-140208_Drive.thumb.jpg.f913c85815e75c3a748de08cb26a3510.jpg

1. The EFL withdraw the first particular,  so nothing to look into.

2. This is not in contradiction to the financial standard FRS102

3. As per the 2nd particular

4. Unreliability in estimating a player's value does not mean the policy contradicts FRS102. 

5. Inadequate disclosure is punishable. As it doesn't impact passing/failing P&S, it is impossible to receive a points penalty against this particular.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Online articles serve one purpose and that is to drive traffic to their websites to push subscriptions or put eyes on adverts. Sensationalist headlines like "Derby are going to be relegated and Mel Morris is set to be fired in to the centre of the sun on the next Tesla rocket" are how they go about it.

At best, they know as much as we do at this point. At worst, they have no idea and are just publishing assumptions based on no knowledge of the detail.

This is right.

Steve Nicholson understands that it was always going to be a fine but the tabloids have now gone on a feeding frenzy getting sustenance from each other’s overexcited drivel.

Now because it’s apparently nailed on relegation according to these muppets and as @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNestasays now that the Rocket for Mel’s Sunshot is being fuelled the fans from other clubs will be outraged and spout off about how we got away with it when it transpires that in fact all it is or was ever going to be was a fine.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A reminder of what the EFL are appealing...

The second charge (amortisation) was split up into 5 particulars.

SmartSelect_20210510-140208_Drive.thumb.jpg.f913c85815e75c3a748de08cb26a3510.jpg

1. The EFL withdraw the first particular,  so nothing to look into.

2. This is not in contradiction to the financial standard FRS102

3. As per the 2nd particular

4. Unreliability in estimating a player's value does not mean the policy contradicts FRS102. 

5. Inadequate disclosure is punishable. As it doesn't impact passing/failing P&S, it is impossible to receive a points penalty against this particular.

Fingers crossed. I can't see anything on the main BBC Sport website or SKY football website about this and nothing on DCFC website?? Has it been discussed on SKY Sports News??