EFL appeal

Sith Happens

I say mel should take efl to court and sue them for every single penny now that idout gibson he is only one who kicked off about your freaking ones who signed it of years ago. Efl you are a total freaking disgrace I say all Derby fans should protest to let them know our feelings towards them.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes I think one of the challenges facing new owners would be a PR exercise saying we have made mistakes in the past and that they are heralding in a new era of transparency etc, etc. 

We have to give our club every chance of success and it becomes more difficult if everyone else is out to get you. 

Given that our prospective new owner has been spouting off at journalists on twitter before he's even taken control, it doesn't fill me with confidence that this will be something he does.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I do think on here we think we're more popular than we are. I think must clubs and their fans think we've pulled a fast one, and we deserve to go down. Sense on here seems to think the EFL and Gibson don't like us. I think honestly most fans think we've cheated the rules (no comment on the rights and wrongs of it - that's just how they feel) and deserve a points deduction. To be fair if they are going by The Athletic and The Daily Fail, who can blame them?

Was a time we were plucky Derby, nobody would begrudge us a good result. But those days are gone - we've lost all our goodwill because of what's gone down with the ground sale and the EFL amortisation allegations. As I say - no comment on the facts of the matter, just on perceptions from others.

Very true.... imagine how those clubs feel when we also bring in a player/manager on huge wages paid for mostly/in part on top of all this. It not only attracts the wrong type of attention it rubs everyone else up the wrong way!

The club has been put in a position to be shot at and now everyone is having a pop!

39 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Ultimately, clubs that overspend, are doing so, to compete with the three relegated clubs. The efl has got to do something about this, or we will have the same three clubs going up/down every year. Next season it will be West brom, Sheff U and probably Fulham smashing the league up, it's getting predictable and boring.

This!  There's not much I get on my soap box about but this is the one that lights my touch paper.  Relegated teams not only often come down with the core of their PL squad still intact, but then get given millions to aid their cause. It's no wonder they'll invariably either get promoted straight away (aka Norwich / Watford) or at least be fighting for the play offs (aka Bournemouth / Swansea).  Whilst the rest of the clubs, Derby in this case break the bank to try and compete.  

By regaining immediate promotion the PL recoup something like £83 million for Norwich and Watford.  Add to that what Bournemouth / Swansea would have got and you're looking at over £100 million.  I know the EFL are supposedly looking to ask for this "back" but it's not the policy so is unlikely to wash.  Distributing that money across the EFL clubs instead of back into the already overflowing PL coffers would provide a huge lifeline for many clubs.  Whilst I know it's money that originates from the PL pot, so they'd see it as just keeping "what's ours", as it would have been paid into the EFL, why not still do so - it'd be a massive step in helping to keep the 69? EFL clubs afloat.  Grrrrr

appeal the appeal

103 Challenging the Award

103.1  Subject to the provisions of Sections 67 and 68 of the Arbitration Act, the award shall be final and binding and there shall be no right of appeal or further arbitration and the parties exclude irrevocably any right to any other form of appeal, review or recourse in or by a court, judicial authority or other arbitral body, in so far as such waiver may validly be made.

103.2  For the avoidance of doubt, the exclusion extends to any rights that would otherwise arise under:
103.2.1 Sections 44, 45 and 69 of the Arbitration Act; or
103.2.2 Rule K of the Football Association Rules (or any replacement provisions of substantially similar effect).

I think it has gone to arbitration but nothing I can pin

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

The thing I wonder is, when all these news outlets get together to organise this grand conspiracy against us, do they have to do it over zoom? Maybe a IH8Derby WhatsApp Group?

No conspiracy. They just all figured out that a headline containing the words "Wayne Rooney", "Derby County" and "Relegation" will probably get loads of clicks. That is why all of these headlines look and sound the same.

About time we resigned from the EFL and started our own league with clubs who actually have supporters and are not far away from Derby who shall we have ?

Derby county, Sheffield Wednesday, notts forest, Stoke city, Birmingham city, - just need a couple more - Coventry city will have supporters when they are back in Coventry and for our holidays we could include Sunderland - I bet we would even get a better TV deal 

Didn't Sheff weds get their 12 once the season had just finished and it was added to the following season not the current one..I remember think it was Wigan who were considering going to court..

Anyway even if it's true we will get a fine and probably appeal that..

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Oh yeah, most other clubs hans hate us over this stuff.

People want to see us punished for trying to 'manipulate' the system, even though we failed, ignoring that the state the club is in as a result of all of this is punishment enough.

Bizarrely though those very same people don't seem to hold any sense of disdain towards those who have successfully manipulated the system and got away with it and massively benefiting from their deeds.

Idiots and Bamfords.

3 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Great. Thanks. And? Way to miss the main point of my post haha! I'll just repost it for clarity:-

If you ever want to know how much of a charlatan Kieran Maguire is, take this nugget from the Telegraph just now:- "If you go to Companies House, No Limits Sports Limited consists of a company which has £2 in its bank account, which isn’t a great start when you’re looking to fund the acquisition" That's the statement of capital not the 'bank account'. My company's is £100, (many are similar, some £1,000), it doesn't correlate to my bank account. Anyone worth their salt knows this.

I prefer to accept the opinion of someone who lectures in accountancy and football finance rather than the bar room opinions of non experts, you are confusing capital with liquidity, which despite requests from the EFL for the Spanish kid to deposit funds into a bank account for proof of cash has not happened.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Swiss Ramble estimated that we were £34m within the P&S loss limit for the 3 years to 2017/18. If we take that as being correct and then include an additional £30m amortisation charge as per the Daily Fail reporting (and Kieran Maguire), we are STILL within the loss limit and therefore compliant.

Screenshot_20210510-154817.jpg

what were we in the 3 years 2014/17