EFL appeal

Sith Happens

If the amortisation allowed us to stay in P&S rules and this is then ruled out, the EFL could then bring in a points deduction based upon a recalculation of the P&S period covered by the accounting. 

An independent panel then needs to decide the punishment.

My feeling is a points deduction for next year - and then administration.

3 minutes ago, AGR said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere over the weekend that the latest date a points deduction can be imposed on the 2020/21 season was sometime in March - or have I imagined that?

To my understanding that isn't the case, the efl DOES have the power to remove points, the championship season hasn't concluded yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see us have 3 points deducted. 

6 minutes ago, AGR said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere over the weekend that the latest date a points deduction can be imposed on the 2020/21 season was sometime in March - or have I imagined that?

That's specifically for clubs going into admin.  There's a whole automatic process set out for that, with fixed dates etc.  I don't think that necessarily applies to punishments handed out by tribunals etc.

5 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-takeover-erik-alonso-5396447.amp

Might be a good idea for Derby to hire this football finance expert for appeal against efl decision

Kieran Maguire isn’t an expert. He’s repeatedly had it in for Derby and grassed us up to the EFL. 

5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Kieran Maguire isn’t an expert. He’s repeatedly had it in for Derby and grassed us up to the EFL. 

He was definitely the lad at school that would remind the teacher that there was homework due in at the very end of a lesson.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

9 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Actually he is an acknowledged expert and lectures on football finance at Liverpool University, this particular set of quotes was transcribed from his excellent Price of Football Podcast this morning, he does not have it in for DCFC he just gives his expert opinion, and he is good mates with Nick DeMarco who has appeared on his Podcast so he normally gets his facts correct, he also restated this morning the serious doubts he has about the Spanish kid. As a final point he dislikes the EFL intensely and his Pod cast invariably criticises them about numerous issues.

So the press are reporting on a doomsday scenario, but the facts point to much less. Then we have the the EFL who are determined to get us on something no matter how much money they spend that could be better used by clubs in the division.

Here’s the problem with courting celebrity, entitlement and chasing headlines!

Hope we enjoy it.

I’ve never seen our club so roundly despised by other fans. I’’m not overly concerned by that, but at the same time it’s a bit of a shame given how we were once viewed!

1 minute ago, Asheville Ram said:

Actually he is an acknowledged expert and lectures on football finance at Liverpool University, this particular set of quotes was transcribed from his excellent Price of Football Podcast this morning, he does not have it in for DCFC he just gives his expert opinion, and he is good mates with Nick DeMarco who has appeared on his Podcast so he normally gets his facts correct, he also restated this morning the serious doubts he has about the Spanish kid. As a final point he dislikes the EFL intensely and his Pod cast invariably criticises them about numerous issues.

Hello Kieran