Live football thread.

Rev

21 minutes ago, SKRam said:

While I’m having a moan. And it’s not just Sky, but why do they insist on showing replay after replay when the game is live. 
Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

This should be on the red button, No replays and only 1 commentator...boom...it may catch on 😁 

Was it a bit unprofessional for Neville to call Chelsea the "blue billion pound bottlejobs"? I think it might have been.
Will I be referring to them as this in front of my Chelsea supporting mates from now until they stop talking to me? Oh, you betcha!

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

Liverpool’s bench full of teenagers….. I’m a Warne fan but perhaps he needs to have a rethink about blooding some of the youngsters. Well I definitely believe he does! 

Clark, Quansah, McConnell and Danns brought on to win a League Cup Final.

Meanwhile, we don't even bring Brown off the bench against Bradford, nor DRobinson, Brown, Cox, Weston against Crewe.

59 minutes ago, Stockport Ram said:

Even those of you who dislike the Kings of Europe half as much as I detest Manure must admit that it was refreshing to see Klopp’s confidence in his youngsters - and boy was it not misplaced. 

Liverpool grew in stature for the first ten minutes of extra time, and their superb fans quickly realised it and took over. A great example of a team and their fans as one.

Maybe we could learn a little from them.

I think the team and especially us fans did an ok job last time we were at their ground.

Edited by Foreveram

The sign of Klopp’s genius is when he can field inferior players but still get them performing like a top team.

There is no way Liverpool should have won that final, let alone be the better team, in extra time.

But that is the belief Klopp gives them.

SAF was similar, with players like Fletcher, Gibson, J Sung Park, O’Shea, Wes Brown, Da Silva twins and even Chicharito playing like world beaters when in reality they were probably no better than West Ham’s players at the time.

As much as I think Pep is the greatest coach of his generation, he needs exact types to fit his style of play. Pep’s best beats everybody else’s best. But Klopp I think would outperform Pep at a lesser club with the same players, like a West Ham. 

Never paid enough attention to notice before but… have there always been two tosses for penalties?

It just feels like that if one team won both, as Newcastle did last night, they’re getting a HUGE advantage in the shootout?

Wouldn’t it be fairer, that the team who win the toss get to choose end or order and the toss loser decide the other?

United are crap. And yet this is the umpteenth time this seeing I’ve heard pundits at the end of a United game say ‘it doesn’t matter how you win, as long as you win, move into the next game.’ United have a decent amount of points on the board in the prem, and it’s got them to 5th, but almost every win has been on the back of a terrible performance and a last minute goal against what should be vastly inferior opposition. You count their good performances on one hand. Whenever they’re up against a decent side, they don’t just lose, they get battered, as reflected by their terrible goal difference. Has any team ever been in 5th with a 0 goal difference?

snd yet pundits still blow smoke up them that they’re grinding out results. They’ve been so lucky to get the points they have. Starting with their first result against wolves I think in the first match. If I cared enough, I’d have a look through all their results, but they’re are so many where 3 points could’ve been 1, and 1 point could’ve been 0, off the back of a poor performance. But they’re good luck and table position masks all that. Their true position should be around 12th with Chelsea. Then imagine the melt down in Manchester. 

Edited by TigerTedd

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

United are crap. And yet this is the umpteenth time this seeing I’ve heard pundits at the end of a United game say ‘it doesn’t matter how you win, as long as you win, move into the next game.’ United have a decent amount of points on the board in the prem, and it’s got them to 5th, but almost every win has been on the back of a terrible performance and a last minute goal against what should be vastly inferior opposition. You count their good performances on one hand. Whenever they’re up against a decent side, they don’t just lose, they get battered, as reflected by their terrible goal difference. Has any team ever been in 5th with a 0 goal difference?

snd yet pundits still blow smoke up them that they’re grinding out results. They’ve been so lucky to get the points they have. Starting with their first result against wolves I think in the first match. If I cared enough, I’d have a look through all their results, but they’re are so many where 3 points could’ve been 1, and 1 point could’ve been 0, off the back of a poor performance. But they’re good luck and table position masks all that. Their true position should be around 12th with Chelsea. Then imagine the delight in Manchester but melt down in the rest of the country where their supporters live.

FTFY

Haaland misses just as many easy chances as he scores. He isn’t any better than Darwin Nuñez in that respect. 

Even against Luton in midweek, he scored five but missed another 3 really good chances.

A prime Ronaldo upfront would score 60 PL goals a season in this City side.