Live football thread.

Rev

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Are you Derby in disguise?

My blades mate there text me and said he couldn’t remember us getting tonked like this; says he hopes they never go up again if the owner hasn’t got ambition to shop at more than Poundland. 

So far out their depth.

That first 45 was carnage. Every time they attacked it looked like they'd score. Sheff Utd can barely hold the ball for more than a few seconds before they are crowded out and then spend the next couple of minutes just chasing shadows before winning the ball back for a few seconds and then lose it again. The Blades are simply being bullied and it's pretty dispiriting stuff even for a neutral. You'd think a 5-0 at half time would be entertaining but it like watching Barca against a pub team or a cat playing with a mouse. We may be in a rubbish league but at least our games are competitive.

So they’re going to get more than 11pts, but is there half a chance they might take a few of our other records. They’ve got to be doing well on the goals conceded front now. That’s 4 home games in a row they’ve lost by 5 or more. No one has ever done that before. Not even us. I thought Wilder was supposed to improve them?

still can’t believe they beat Luton, that was a double whammy kick in the teeth. Stopped Luton catching Forest, and took United over 11pts. 

Edit: Genuinely thought 5-0 was a full time score. Thought aresenal must have calmed down a bit after the first 15 minutes. But wow! Half time. 

Edited by TigerTedd

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

So they’re going to get more than 11pts, but is there half a chance they might take a few of our other records. They’ve got to be doing well on the goals conceded front now. That’s 4 home games in a row they’ve lost by 5 or more. No one has ever done that before. Not even us. I thought Wilder was supposed to improve them?

They were down before Wilder got the job, Jesus Christ couldn't have done any better, This is the gulf between the haves and have nots 🙄

24 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

My blades mate there text me and said he couldn’t remember us getting tonked like this; says he hopes they never go up again if the owner hasn’t got ambition to shop at more than Poundland. 

So far out their depth.

There was a stat that popped up. Us, Swindon & now sheffield utd have conceded 5+ goals in a Premier league season 6 times. Difference is sheff utd ain't finished yet. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

There was a stat that popped up. Us, Swindon & now sheffield utd have conceded 5+ goals in a Premier league season 6 times. Difference is sheff utd ain't finished yet. 

Blades have done it 3 times in their last 3 home games (4 in 4 if you include the FA Cup as well)

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Though history will tell a different story, I think this Sheffield united side is worse than our 11 point team 

Even without my Rams tinted gogs on I'd say that they are objectively the worst side I've ever seen in the top flight. Spineless too.

19% possession in a 100 minute game and not a single SoT all night!

At home!!

🫢

35 minutes ago, JfR said:

Blades have done it 3 times in their last 3 home games (4 in 4 if you include the FA Cup as well)

Counter point...

Arsenal are the first team in the Prem (since Sky invented football) to win three successive away games by 5 or more.

48 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Counter point...

Arsenal are the first team in the Prem (since Sky invented football) to win three successive away games by 5 or more.

Good point. Arsenal, City and Liverpool can destroy far better teams than the Blades on any given day. 

I don’t recall us losing 8-0 or conceding 5 in one half. I also don’t recall mass walkouts by our fans. If we were that bad, the fans wouldn’t have stayed with the team as they did.

We were just so used to losing and could always find a way. I actually think at times we were unlucky and victim to fine margins.

Off the top of my head, we conceded late goals v Bolton, Sunderland, Newcastle, Wigan and Liverpool which cost us six points. We missed a penalty at 1-0 up v Blackburn which had we scored, we might have got at least a point perhaps more.

We were desperately unlucky to finish on 11 points. It’s not much but we were deserving of 15-20 points. 

Edited by Jourdan