Live football thread.

Rev

Man Utd vs Arsenal

Spurs vs City

These games look great on paper, but I don’t think either United or Spurs fans will actually want to win and thus handing the title to their rivals.

I know there needs to be some professionalism, but Spurs in particular may already have 5th place sewn up by then with Villa securing top 4.

Would they really want to hand Arsenal their first title in 20 years? Especially after losing to them today?

45 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Man Utd vs Arsenal

Spurs vs City

These games look great on paper, but I don’t think either United or Spurs fans will actually want to win and thus handing the title to their rivals.

I know there needs to be some professionalism, but Spurs in particular may already have 5th place sewn up by then with Villa securing top 4.

Would they really want to hand Arsenal their first title in 20 years? Especially after losing to them today?

It is interesting that this looks like the only game where Man City could possibly, realistically drop points. So if arsenal want to win the title, they’re praying for a favour from spurs.

United are a none factor. They are crap. As I’ve said many times before. They can’t chose whether to win or lose to hand their rival the title. They’ll just lose. In their past three games they’ve been undefeated. But they’ve beaten a championship team on penalties, possibly the worst side the premier league has ever seen (certainly the worst defence) by two goals in the last 10 mins, and drawn with the second worst team in the league. That means Forest is about their level at the minute. And they’ll beat our record in the fa cup final. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

It is interesting that this looks like the only game where Man City could possibly, realistically drop points. So if arsenal want to win the title, they’re praying for a favour from spurs.

United are a none factor. They are crap. As I’ve said many times before. They can’t chose whether to win or lose to hand their rival the title. They’ll just lose. In their past three games they’ve been undefeated. But they’ve beaten a championship team on penalties, possibly the worst side the premier league has ever seen (certainly the worst defence) by two goals in the last 10 mins, and drawn with the second worst team in the league. That means Forest is about their level at the minute. And they’ll beat our record in the fa cup final. 

Man Utd are a bizarre team. Their record at Old Trafford against the better teams is actually not bad.

Beat Villa and Chelsea, beat Liverpool in the FA Cup. Drew with Spurs and Liverpool in the league. Their only defeat against top half sides at Old Trafford this season is City and funnily enough Bournemouth.

Arsenal should win. They are a better side.

21 hours ago, JfR said:

Just seen that Brighton failed to score against Bournemouth in their loss today, meaning that this is their goal of the month, on account of it being the only one "they" scored:

Not sure why they have such a drop in form. A shame as they always take decent away support and the ones I know wished us all the best. A good bunch of fans.

35 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Not sure why they have such a drop in form. A shame as they always take decent away support and the ones I know wished us all the best. A good bunch of fans.

Their drop in form has coincided with playing Arsenal, Liverpool and City over the past 6 weeks, plus a European run which may have taken its toll.

Also probably doesn’t help that De Zerbi has been linked with a number of top jobs. He probably doesn’t want to be there anymore.

Similar happened to Marco Silva at Watford. As soon as he got linked to the top jobs, they plummeted.

Man Utd are so crap now that if say ‘we were their when Wanchope scored against Man Utd’ to kids, the response will be ‘yeah, and, who hasn’t’.

itll always need to be caveated with ‘back when they were good.’

in fact, they should probably retrospectively rename the team Ferguson’s Man Utd, for that period, make a clear differentiation. 

52 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I'd like to see a another angle of that offside against bayern towards the end. Looked close. 

Looked onside to me ...shocking decision by the linesman to flag for such a close call.  

Incredible end to the game really. This year's champions league has been a very good watch.  

There is a certain arrogance about Real Madrid that I don’t like. From the way their fans behave, to the players. 

They act like they are kings and have some sort of given right to be in the final.

They were battered by City. Absolutely battered. So lucky to get through that.

Hope Dortmund upset the apple cart, roll around for 90 minutes and beat them with a last-minute VAR awarded penalty.

On 29/04/2024 at 08:49, Bris Vegas said:

Also probably doesn’t help that De Zerbi has been linked with a number of top jobs. He probably doesn’t want to be there anymore.

Been reported as wanting a new challenge recently. Brighton interested in McKenna.

39 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

There is a certain arrogance about Real Madrid that I don’t like. From the way their fans behave, to the players. 

They act like they are kings and have some sort of given right to be in the final.

They were battered by City. Absolutely battered. So lucky to get through that.

Hope Dortmund upset the apple cart, roll around for 90 minutes and beat them with a last-minute VAR awarded penalty.

To be honest, they've won it about 20% of the time it's existed and reached the final about 25% of the time. They've been in the last 4 about 50% of the time. They're probably kings of the competition if anyone is.  Last team to beat them in a European knockout competition final - Aberdeen in 1983.  

59 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be honest, they've won it about 20% of the time it's existed and reached the final about 25% of the time. They've been in the last 4 about 50% of the time. They're probably kings of the competition if anyone is.  Last team to beat them in a European knockout competition final - Aberdeen in 1983.  

I question the legitimacy of half their victories. Some of the bias shown towards them in officiating has been quite evident.

They do have an aura though. It’s weird, but if they were a PL side, they’d be behind the current top three.

But when it comes to European football, they just seem to get the lucky breaks.

How they won the 2022 CL I will never know. Even in the final against Liverpool they got battered, let alone against City and Chelsea en route.