Live football thread.

Rev

12 hours ago, CapeTownRams said:

Is that what happened?

Hard to see why they would count that as an own goalโ€ฆ. To me he would have to actually kick or throw the ball into his own net.

Think itโ€™s because of betting, genuinelyย 

I'm watching Mainz Vs Union Berlin...pissing it down and a small but deep swimming pool has developed...and puddles around the pitch...all good funย ๐Ÿ˜

For some reason they are throwing tennis balls on the pitch...game held up twice for the balls to be clearedย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Edited by Ram-Alf

9 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

๐Ÿ˜

Neil Warnock reserved a special mention for Rangers ball boys at Ibrox after the defeat for Aberdeen in Glasgow.

The interim manager - appointed until the end of the season - had his first taste of Scottishย footballย in the dugout in the 2-1 defeat.

And in his post-match interview, Warnock delivered a bizarre Rangers ball boy quip as he asked: "Who teaches them?"

The Aberdeen boss referenced the ball boys as he reflected on the latter stages of the match with Rangers down to ten men and the visitors pushing for a late leveller.

Warnock said:ย "At the end you've got the ball boys adding five minutes on, haven't you?

"They were really tuned in, don't give it them back, make the climb over the wall.

"Who teaches them at Ibrox, do they have their own teachers?"

Typical Warnock - anything to deflect attention from a defeat.

Interesting development in African semi-final. Nigeria score a 2nd to virtually secure a final place but VAR scrubbed out the goal after a foul back in their own box and the ref awards a penalty to South Africa which they score. So 1-1 instead of 2-0 - it's a funny old game, as Greavesie used to say!

55 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Interesting development in African semi-final. Nigeria score a 2nd to virtually secure a final place but VAR scrubbed out the goal after a foul back in their own box and the ref awards a penalty to South Africa which they score. So 1-1 instead of 2-0 - it's a funny old game, as Greavesie used to say!

Just looked this up, and found it.ย  What a farce!ย 

ย 

... And how the heck was the NGA keeper allowed to wear a nigh on identical kit to the RSA outfield players!ย  WTF!ย ย ๐Ÿคฃ

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

ย 

32 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Isn't it exactly how VAR is supposed to work?

Aye,ย  and one day it'll start a riot,

Rangers v Celtic: last match of the season, title decider. What could possibly go wrong?

8 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

ย 

Aye,ย  and one day it'll start a riot,

Rangers v Celtic: last match of the season, title decider. What could possibly go wrong?

Errrrrrrr..........Rangers winning?ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰

New plans to take the few refs and officials on the line who can see, out of League 1, once they've been identified, to train as fast track VAR decision makers to bring more enjoyment to those who aren't getting the full match experience from their premier league day out.

It's actually going to get worse.ย  Could they care less of a s*** about any clubs outside the top 6 places. (the rest are interchangeable, whether they think it or not).

Lets get out of this bollox league before this cluster commences.

9 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Isn't it exactly how VAR is supposed to work?

I believe it is, yes.ย 
But is it rightโ€ฆ or even good for the game as a spectacleโ€ฆ for the ball to travel from one end to the other, for however long that took (Iโ€™ve no idea?๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ) and for a โ€œgoal to be scoredโ€ before calling it all the way back? ย 
ย 

ย 

I would hate to support city. Fans mardy, spoilt and arrogant, watching the Harlem Globetrotters week after week and not making any noise until the flat track bullies have scored, such is the sense of expectation and privilege.

No. Not jealous. It's like playing with a permanent cheat mode.

ย 

1 hour ago, dog said:

It's like playing with a permanent cheat mode.

Thatโ€™s basically what theyโ€™ve done isnโ€™t it. I imagine thereโ€™s a specific cheat code on football manager that gives you unlimited cash.ย 

2 hours ago, dog said:

I would hate to support city. Fans mardy, spoilt and arrogant, watching the Harlem Globetrotters week after week and not making any noise until the flat track bullies have scored, such is the sense of expectation and privilege.

No. Not jealous. It's like playing with a permanent cheat mode.

ย 

They have it so good right now that the moment Pep leaves it will probably turn toxic as they fail to have the same success.

I imagine Pep will leave at the end of next season, and players like KDB, Bernardo Silva and Kyle Walker will probably seek new adventures.

Ruben Dias, Rodri and Haaland may see Barca or Real Madrid as the next target too after winning every trophy at City already.

Iโ€™m a huge Pep fan, but it feels like the PL needs him and Klopp to move on to create a new era.

Just seen the 2 penalty's at Luton Vs Sheff Utd, Mad...fcuking mad, Football as we know it is now being reffed by someone in a box, I despair at where our beautiful game has goneย ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ‘Žย 

8 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Just seen the 2 penalty's at Luton Vs Sheff Utd, Mad...fcuking mad, Football as we know it is now being reffed by someone in a box, I despair at where our beautiful game has goneย ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ‘Žย 

The first one is giveable. The second one however...

Can we just go back to 'deliberate handball'

11 minutes ago, sage said:

The first one is giveable. The second one however...

Can we just go back to 'deliberate handball'

Can we just go back to the rules as they were in the early seventies? And can referees referee the game in the same way. From what I remember they had far more respect from the players. The players kicked the ๐Ÿ’ฉ out of each other, then got up, got on with the game, then had a pint together afterwards. Actual violence between players seemed rare (cue Franny vs Norman video). Hopefully it would also level out the league with prima dona players less protected from being touched and "having every right to go down".

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Can we just go back to the rules as they were in the early seventies? And can referees referee the game in the same way. From what I remember they had far more respect from the players. The players kicked the ๐Ÿ’ฉ out of each other, then got up, got on with the game, then had a pint together afterwards. Actual violence between players seemed rare (cue Franny vs Norman video). Hopefully it would also level out the league with prima dona players less protected from being touched and "having every right to go down".

red dog penalty shout yesterday, Pundits said penalty, red dog manager said penalty, Watch how the attacking player sticks his left leg into the goalkeeper to create a foul...this is where we are today richย ๐Ÿ‘Ž

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

You remember why Hunter was so upset though, right ๐Ÿ˜‰