Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

I just wonder how much compensation doctors, nurses, teachers, shop workers to name but a few essential workers get after suffering covid19 whilst working. Probably nothing ? and yet a footballer,who let's face it was offered a decent amount of money for doing next to nothing and getting the best possible treatment for his injury for which he was partly responsible gets over 2million in compensation.  Absolutely crazy, madness. I just don't get it!

39 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Why wasn't he charged then?

He may have been, its only a £100 fine, fixed penalty so not worthy of reporting i guess, its not a criminal conviction like the others got.

Also - was he caught not wearing a seat belt? I am not sure of the law but its possible he had to be caught in the car with the engine running not wearing it to receive a fine.

I think even Keogh must really be aware that he was in part responsible for his situation ie badly injured and unable to do his work. Call it reckless or negligent or stupidity, there would for 99.9% of the working population been at least some consequences to his actions.

Instead he actually profits from it. Contract paid ion full plus additional earnings from 2 other clubs.

I loved Keogh as a player and Captain but this incident is beyond belief.

Edited by Eatonram

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Contributory negligence relates to the passenger's right to claim compensation for his injuries, not his criminal liability. It has nothing to do with the passenger's responsibility for any accident caused by the driver.

Essentially, if Keogh wanted to claim damages from Lawrence for his injuries, Lawrence could use the defence of contributory negligence to say that Keogh knew he was getting into a drink driver's car and shouldn't therefore be able to claim full compensation.

Glad your studying as well as hitting the ale?

I also heard Simon Jordan and Trevor Sinclair debating it earlier on. Simon Jordan was spot on and Trevor Sinclair sounded like a right wally (which all makes sense now that he’s been charged with drunk driving before).

I hope Derby take this through the ‘real’ legal system and not the EFL’s bent system.

Derby are a business at the end of the day and Keogh couldn’t do his job after making a mistake off his own back. He should live with the consequences of that. As someone else posted, imagine if they killed somebody that night. I bet he wouldn’t be getting all of the compensation if that was the case.

There were not guarantees for Derby that he would ever play again yet they offered to keep him on a reduced contract until he was fit, that is extremely fair in my eyes.

Keogh going for the whole value of his contract also doesn’t sit right with me. I despise the guy now and everything he ever did in a Derby shirt is undone. 

Edited by Mckram

39 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I think even Keogh must really be aware that he was in part responsible for his situation ie badly injured and unable to do his work. Call it reckless or negligent or stupidity, there would for 99.9% of the working population been at least some consequences to his actions.

Instead he actually profits from it. Contract paid ion full plus additional earnings from 2 other clubs.

I loved Keogh as a player and Captain but this incident is beyond belief.

If he has profited from it, it's only because we sacked him!

4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I hope Derby take it further. In breaking the law he subsequently became unable to fulfil his contractual obligations. Why should we bow down to idiots in tribunals. 

Yes the other 2 were treated differently but the other 2 hadn’t ruled themselves out of being able to work for 12 months. 

Players are absolute p1ss takers. 

Can't you see how you've totally undermined your own argument?

You say on one hand why should be bow down to idiots in tribunals then in the very next sentence say yes the other 2 were treated differently. 

That's the exact point. 

4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I hope Derby take it further. In breaking the law he subsequently became unable to fulfil his contractual obligations. Why should we bow down to idiots in tribunals. 

Yes the other 2 were treated differently but the other 2 hadn’t ruled themselves out of being able to work for 12 months. 

Players are absolute p1ss takers. 

Keogh didn’t break the law, the other 2 morons did. If he had done he would have been prosecuted and we would know about it. As for ‘bowing down to idiots in tribunals’ what other method would you suggest for someone who feels they have been unfairly treated by their employer? You cannot go to someone who has a work contract and say ‘Accept less money or you’re sacked’; you have to go through due process. Richard Keogh is an irresponsible twit for having got into a car with a drunk driver instead of getting into a taxi but Mel Morris made his legal claim easy for him. 

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Only dismissed after he refused to accept a temporary pay cut to a salary of £150-200k per year. Poor him. 

Why should he of accepted that? This club make stupid decisions 

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Only dismissed after he refused to accept a temporary pay cut to a salary of £150-200k per year. Poor him. 

Don't follow your point. Morris attempted to breach Keogh's contract, Keogh refused which was totally his prerogative and was sacked (unfairly).

21 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Don't follow your point. Morris attempted to breach Keogh's contract, Keogh refused which was totally his prerogative and was sacked (unfairly).

He made himself unable to fulfil his contract, should have worn his seatbelt! We won the employment tribunal. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He made himself unable to fulfil his contract, should have worn his seatbelt! We won the employment tribunal. 

Did this actually go to an employment tribunal.  I missed that one.  If it did surely that takes precedent over the EFL as it applies to a set rule for every employee no matter what their occupation.  The employment tribunal decision Vs EFL decision would be like a ruling at the highest court in the land Vs something on judge Rinder.